Target Essentials 5.5L

Target Essentials 5.5L

MPNs: TARSC20 and TESSC13220

Pros

• Highly affordable

• Prepares scrumptious meals

• Simple to operate

4.3

t18

t18Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cheap and Works

Picked one of these up to replace a much more expensive brand when the bowl on that one cracked. Works exactly the same. We put it on before we go to work and there is a currey ready when we get home. Very east to set. Inexpensive to buy and saves heaps of time cooking at night.

Purchased in June 2019 at Target Australia for $50.00.

Joe

JoeCAMPBELLTOWN

Great, versatile and convenient

Bought this for a low $25. Has been so great during winter and never failed me. Have looked up many slow cooker recipes online to help me out as I've never owned one before and searched the supermarket for slow cooker sachets for quick and easy preparation. Do yourself a favour and buy one of these slow cookers. You just throw everything in there and set it to low, high or warm (depending on how long you want it to cook for) and you can relax. It does it all for you. When I come home from work there's nothing better than walking in to the smell of the food in the slow cooker ready to eat!!! Great value for money and so convenient and versatile!!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
betjie

betjieWestern Australia, Australia

What a Beauty

This slow cooker is priced @ the lower end but works the same as my name branded appliance.
5.5ltr can be used as a oven to keep sausage rolls and party pies warm.
Made soups and casseroles and curries..
Meat is tender and tasty when cooked on slow setting..
Very versatile appliance..
Well done..

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Lisa J

Lisa JQueensland, 4209

Value for money

Cook meals in 4 hrs on high 8hrs on low
Easy to clean pot in the dishwasher
the only drawback for working people is no timer
Makes delicious slow cooked one pot meals such as lamb shanks.
Value for money twenty-five dollars well spent very pleased with my purchase RECOMMEND

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
jessy

jessyNSW, 2443

Excellent Slow Cooker

I can honestly say that this Target Slow Cooker is great, have used three times now and all meals have come out cooked to perfection ( and I an no cook )
Only cost $20.00 and works great the ceremony bowl lifts out for easy cleaning would definitely recommend this slow cooker

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Suzy

SuzyMelbourne

Love it!

I'm so glad I bought one of these! It cooks really well, it's so easy to clean and it's so easy to use! I wish I had bought one sooner! And the price?! Don't bother spending $100 on a known brand name when you can buy this gem for only $25!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Rebecca

RebeccaBrisbane

Wow.

A slow cooker this isnt. This cooker is the best thing one i have purchased. Cooks my family's favorite in no time it even bakes amazing cakes. Amazing value for money. Easy to clean. Even on the low setting it saves so much time. Im super happy and would recommend to anyone.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Sal

SalAdelaide

Very Happy

Slow cookers are oldies but goodies. Our parents and grandparents knew what they were doing letting these do all the work cooking dinner all day. My only complaint is how much of my time it takes up. The internet has a never ending supply of slow cooker recipes to find and try out! This works very well.

Geoff

GeoffMelbourne

Hot Pot

Have used these for years and this is a great model. The best things about it are the ability to keep warm mode which means the food does not overcook yet can stay ready to eat for a couple of hours after cooking. Also being an oval shape increases the size of items that can be cooked. It is easy to fit a meat joint in lengthways where the round cookers limit the length of items. Great model for the price.

Tazy

TazyMelbourne

Good

The price of this product initially made me think it would not work as well as more expensive products but it proved me wrong. It is so cheap yet so good. Very pleased. It evenly cooks the food perfect. Perfect heat. Great warming setting also and a great price. Very happy.

Sarah

SarahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cant compete! Excellent value for money

I bought this for a one off use not expecting much of it simply because of the price point, but I have used it numerous times now and I am absolutely in love with it. works brilliantly and I have not had a single issue with it. I use it on a regular basis anywhere from 1 to 2 times a week. Highly recommend

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Tracey

TraceyDeniliquin

Excellent slow cooker

Love this slow cooker, it has served us well and continues to do so! The oval shape is perfect for larger cuts of meat, it heats up fast and cooks most dishes on high in about four hours while the low setting takes around 6-7 hours. Aesthetically it looks appealing also. Overall very happy with this unit for the price

Date PurchasedApr 2016
orangecat

orangecatSydney, NSW

$25 works perfectly

I bought one two years ago for $20 then bought one for my daughter for $25 two weeks ago. Fantastic! Why spend more? It works just as well as the expensive ones it's a simple concept. Just doesn't have a timer but I haven't found that worth paying extra for. It has a solid dial compared to a similar product I saw in a similar store.

Sam K

Sam KSydney

Excellent size for a family

This slow cooker is a really good size for a large family. I use it to make up big batches of stews then divide them up and freeze them for quick Winter comfort meals. It is so easy to just throw all the ingredients inside and walk away to let it do it's thing.

Kath

KathCentral West, NSW

Perfect

Cooks great heats perfect
Perfect for family of four
Great price
Easy to clean
Not sure if dishwasher safe though
But no trouble to hand wash
Would totally recommend over the more expensive brands Have tried both
Cannot heat on hot plate as will crack
Perfect for winter meals
Plenty of menus online

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Hails

HailsWestern Australia

Wonderful surprise

This slow cooker is wonderful although its not a high end brand it works just like a high end slow cooker with an affordable price tag . I cooked marinated chicken and it came out so tender and mouth watering I'm looking forward to cooking a roast beef in it to make beef and gravy to put in fresh bread rolls. It was easy to clean with a presoak right after it cooled and the easy turn dile allows to set to what you want in order to cook.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
JA

JASouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Slow Cooker

I bought this cooker over the more expensive ones due to the reviews. I put lamb shanks in it and after 6 hours I picked up a bone and the meat just fell off. Sooo tender. I noticed that it seemed to be boiling a fair bit on the lowest setting. I am not sure if it suppose to do that but the outcome was delicious. It may cook a bit quicker than what recipe says.

Taznmat

TaznmatWarragul

Just as good as the expensive brands!

I brought this slow cooker after comparing different models on the Choice website. I have found it to be excellent. Bowl is nice and bit for my large family and has cooked my roasts to perfection. Would recommend to anyone looking for great value for money and easy cooking preparation!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
jennifer

jenniferSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

Easy to use does the job nicely very handy nothing spectacular but value for the price this is used alot in my house especially in winter l go to work l come home to a yummy cooked meal so saves so much time and energy very easy to clean l love mine

Date PurchasedMar 2017
ExSol

ExSolBrisbane

This makes tasty meals so much easier!

So many great recipes out there for slow cookers. Meals have tasted great and cleaning up is so easy. Have found that we are getting cooked through food earlier than expected so it could be running hotter than it should but don't know for sure. We're still experimenting and learning to use. We also had the plastic smell at first but it has since gone away. Really glad to have got this awesome value slow cooker.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
See all Target Essentials 5.5L reviews

Janelle

Janelleasked

Do you know where I can get a new lid for my slow cooker from please as I knocked it off the bench and smashed it.

Samantha P.

Samantha P.asked

Cooking instructions to include times

William F.

William F.asked

how can i get a recipe book for this model

See all Target Essentials 5.5L questions

Features

The Target Essentials 5.5L Slow Cooker shares some of its features with slow cookers made by more expensive brands. These features include a removable ceramic pot, and a brushed stainless steel housing. The appliance is also equipped with 3 settings: low, high and keep warm.

Points of praise

• Many reviewers enthusiastically commented that this Target slow cooker worked just as well as brand-name slow cookers. Its $25 price tag certainly makes it a steal.
  • This slow cooker’s 3 heat settings are easy to use, via a rotary dial.
  • Meals made in this Target slow cooker turned out tasty and tender, thanks to an even heat distribution. Ultimately, reviewers had no complaints about the results from a culinary perspective.

Points to consider

The lack of a timer means that the appliance won’t automatically turn off after food has finished cooking. This is something to consider if you’re cooking overnight or cooking while you’re out working.

On the flipside, plenty of reviewers still used the slow cooker while they were out working, so this didn’t seem to be a problem.

CategorySlow Cookers