4Essteele Per Vita

Essteele Per Vita Questions & Answers

Mehyar K.
Mehyar K.

Hi all, I just bought Per Vita set. I just tried using the sauce pan and noticed the copper layer colour faded away and it’s more like chrome now. Is this normal? I have induction.

Chris C.
Chris C.

Copper oxodizes and fades

Lyn D
Lyn D

I am tossing up between the Per Vita and Per Sempre saucepans. Does anyone have knowledge of both pots who can help me. From what I can see they both have even heat, they both heat quick, they can both be used on induction stoves.

Essteele
Essteele   DM

Hi Lyn, You can find information about our ranges on our website here external link

If you would like further information you can contact our customer care team here external link  or on 1800 351 565 and they can assist further in choosing the right cookware for you!

Kind regards,
The Essteele Team,

Noodles
Noodles

I have invested in a set of Esteele cookware. The pans are excellent, alas not so the frying pan. Everything i try seems to stick, I have even managed to destroy a fried egg. What am I doing wrong

Learn to cook.

Ennio

Now on a serious note. Heat the the pan up to temperature. Never place food in a cold pan. It will stick every time. Place your pan on medium heat and leave it for a couple of minutes. Add little of amounts of water to the hot pan using a teaspoon. If the water evaporates, it’s not hot enough. When the water forms a little ball and skims across the pan, you’re ready. Add a little oil or butter and away you go. It won’t stick. Check out YouTube. You will see it first hand.

Essteele
Essteele   DM

Hi, Here is some information on how to care for your non-stick pans external link
and information on how to cook with non-stick pans here external link

If you have more questions on usage or care feel free to contact our helpful customer service team on 1800 351 565 and they can discuss with you further.

From The Essteele Team

Susans P.
Susans P.

My 30 cm Essteele saute pan has been my main pan for about 15 years. However the bottom layers are now separating when heated on the stove. Can I get repaired? Will I replace? I don't remember if I filled out the warrantee. Any point in trying? Can't even remember where I bought it!

Viviane B.
Viviane B.

Do the handles get hot when you are cooking?

Daniel
Daniel

Yes. More so than some other pots I have had.

Sue
Sue

Which Essteele pots have the Essteele plate with brand name at the base of the handle?

Jen

I bought an essteele per sempre covered sauteise which has a copper surround . I’ve used it twice and it has brown spots on the copper. Why has this happened and how do I get rid of it please?

Sergey
Sergey

it is normal for copper.
Over time copper will naturally change colors transforming from a shiny brown color to darker browns. This natural cover is called patina.

Ed L.
Ed L.

The natural discoloration of copper can be easily remedied with some copper cream which will restore it back to it's former glory.

Hi Jen
Use GUMPTION cream cleanser applied with paper towel on your copper. Works a treat and much cheaper than Essteels copper cleaner.

Joanna

I just bought my Essteele Per Vita 5 pcs today at Myers, I asked the sales lady if it is 18/10 ( I will only buy if it is 18/10 I said to myself ). The lady said yes,she got a booklet from other design of essteele and showed to me and said it must be inside your box too. Upon reaching home I try to look for the description manual but I can't find anything. Just the warranty booklet. I even look at the website doesn't say anything about the grade. Is the Essteele Per Vita 5 pcs 18/ 10 grade of Stainless steel?

weng393
weng393

Interesting question, and you are right .. there is no documentation from the manufacturer on their website or the accompanying paperwork or on the cookware itself that explicitly states whether it is 1810, yet all the retailers are advertising it as 18/10. I personally suspect they are 18/10 (based on performance compared to other 18/10 cookware I have owned in the past) but we won't know unless we write to Essteele directly. Thanks for raising it and sorry I didn't have an answer.

Joanna

Thank you so much weng..

DJP
DJP

Hi Joanna, I looked at the site https://www.essteele.com.au/cookware/per-vita.html. The 5 piece set description does not state 18/10 however the Essteele Per Vita info does which I have copied below does. Hope this helps. Also I have two pots which are about 3+ years old and I can not fault the product.

Essteele Per Vita combines Italian elegance with quality Italian engineering to create flawless, beautiful looking cookware that continually performs. Essteele Per Vita is a pleasure to cook with thanks to the solid copper that is spread across the induction suitable base, allowing heat to disperse evenly and quickly. This results in optimum heat control and perfect cooking conditions favoured by the most discerning cooks. The elegant and refined design is crafted from premium quality polished stainless steel for superior durability and shine. Handles and lids crafted from stainless steel ensure Essteele Per Vita will last a lifetime.

Per Vita. For Life

FEATURES

HIGH QUALITY 18/10 STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION Made of the highest quality stainless steel, each pan features superior durability and a brilliant mirror finish.

COPPER BASE A sheet of solid copper spreads heat rapidly across the base and around the corners of each pan, and heavyweight aluminium discs permanently sealed in stainless steel disperse and retain heat to eliminate hot spots. The result: optimum heat control and induction suitability.

STAINLESS STEEL DEEP DRAW LIDS Made from the same high quality stainless steel as the body of the pan, these lids are tight fitting to retain heat, flavour and nutrients.

DRIPLESS POURING RIM European designed rim which has a wide, gentle arch for easy pouring and effortless cleaning.

STYLISH HANDLES Stylish handles cast in stainless steel and riveted for maximum durability.

PREMIUM NON-STICK** Premium non-stick coating provides effortless cleaning and years of lasting beauty. For convenience it is also dishwasher safe.

LIFETIME WARRANTY

Jim
Jim

Does the steamer let the steam out without making a mess? I ask this because there are no holes in the lid.

Lynzo
Lynzo

I don't have the steamer Jim. But I would think if you were using the steamer you wouldn't want the steam to escape as you only use a small amount of water to steam. If the steam escaped then you risk burning the food and pot. I use another steamer in our pots and make sure the lid is on well so the steam doesn't escape.

AJ
AJ

Lynzo is right not much steam escapes, I do tilt my lid off a smidgie bit, but there is no mess. Months on from my original post & I am still loving these pans.

Jen

I bought an essteele pan because it had the best review.

People said it is easy to clean, but every time I cook food with oil, brown residue gets stuck on the surface and it is extremely difficult to clean. I tried boiling with baking soda but it is really difficult to get things off.

Actually I have to use baking soda every time I cook with the pan.

The pan is pretty non-stick, which is awesome, and I didn't expect that from a stainless steel pan.

I use very low heat as I aware of oil burning on the surface.

Can someone let me know how to use the product without resulting in brown residue? or how to clean??

I preheat the pan then turn down the heat then put oil and cook.

I soak the pan after it is cooled down and scrub with nylon scourer.

DannyEngineer

I use the Esteele cleaner which works quite ok on the outside surface. Beware not to rub the surface too hard as it will scratch your pots.

It doesnt work that great on the bottom though. We use steel wool for the inside....not the non-stick fry pan obviously.

our non-stick fry pan failed us withion a year and food constantly gets stuck on in. It doesnt really have any scratches. So I cant really help you with that one

ASmith
ASmith

Do the steel handles on the Per Vita range get hot when cooking ?

Im looking at buying either the Per Vita range with steel handles or the Australia range with silicon handles, can anyone recommend one over the other please ?

Urban Customer
Urban Customer

Yes, the handles on the lids do, also the handles on the large casserole pot do.

The big problem with the long handles is not heat but the water they take in in the dishwater, spilling all over the floor when you take them out. Try to avoid as it is an ongoing hassle.

DannyEngineer

to be honest we don't put the pots in the dish washer anymore. The ends of the handles are sealed and do not fill up with water. There is about 20mm of handle that can hold water but has never been an issue. Still very happy with our pots, no regrets

DannyEngineer

p.s. I just asked my wife again and she has never ever had a problem with the handles being too hot to hold bare handed.....obviously if you turn the handle around and turn on the neighbouring element then sure it would get hot....intelligence will prevail! :)

JES
JES

Yes, on the stock pots (with short handles close to the pot's surface). I always keep a set of the silicon pot holders nearby. I've had pots with silicon handles in the past and they warp, twist, and don't stay nice. I can cope with hot handles -- because these pots are a dream to clean up -- NOTHING sticks!! And they hold the heat making cooking times shorter. "Per Vita" - forever.

Rebecca
Rebecca

Do you know whether the non-stick saucepan by Essteele (per vita) contains PFOC (or any other of the alleged carcinogenic materials often used in non-stick pans?)

DannyEngineer

don't buy the Essteele non-stick fry-pan. The surface gets easily damaged by rapidly cooling the hot pan under cold water.

We were very careful not to damage the surface but it still failed. Then I rdead the warning in the instructions but it was too late!

The rest of the collection is excellent.

The Essteele cleaning agent seems ineffective

Ennio

When all else fails………READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.

Peter James
Peter James

Are they Induction safe cookware?

Hinemoa
Hinemoa

According to their website, yes - 'induction suitability'

Michael
Michael

Not only are they 'induction suitable' they are perfect for this use.

murphygirl
murphygirl

Do the handles get hot while cooking?

Paul-W
Paul-W

I have found that the pasta pot with the small handles each side get hot but the rest are fine.

Get an answer from our members and Essteele representatives