Estilo WELS 4 Star

1.7

Dan

DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cheap... for a reason

When I bought my Allana mixer tap just over 3 years ago from Bunnings and at the time I wondered why anyone would pay real money for a tap. Unfortunately it recently sprung a leak and similar to the other review mine was from the top of the spout.

Not wanting to repeat the same I paid a bit more for a better quality tap. The competitor has a 10 year yr warranty instead of 1 year. The water has more pressure, less noise and the quality just feels so much better.

It might be a good prices for a rental but if you're considering skimping out on an Estilo just remember "a poor man pays twice"

jvdv01

jvdv01

Disappointed

Bought this kitchen mixer tap in December 2012 and after just 3 years it started leaking, not from the cartridge but from under the stem of the tap. Presumably corrosion on the inside of the stem had eaten through so the tap needed to be replaced.

I think this is a Bunnings branded product - cheap stuff but at only $29.00 I guess I couldn't expect much more but if you want a mixer tap that will last more than 2 or 3 years look elsewhere.

Cathryn W.

Cathryn W.asked

The handle has come off my basin-mixer tap in the bathroom. Do I need a whole new tap or can the handle be re-installed. I have tried a few things without success:( Cathy

Garry O.

Garry O.asked

Does Estilo tapware meet Australian standards regarding lead in drinking water.

Adrian48
Adrian48

Has to meet Australuan standards otherwise can't be sold here. With these cheaper ones, more care has to be taken with installation. The hose that comes with them are weaker than the hose off the shelf at Bunnings.

Ariadne H.

Ariadne H.asked

Hi there! Installed the tap everything was great about 6 months ago. Now there is barely any water coming out. Checked the little filter thing looks fine. Can you pls assist me?

brett
brett

Hi Ariadne on the end of the tap there is a filter/ water flow restrictor this sometimes becomes blocked with debris from the pipes .to clean out the filter unscrew the very end of the tap using a shifting spanner inspect the filter and remove any bits of stuff lodged in it .the coloured plastic water restrictor can be removed to prevent it blocking again but will increase water usage slightly run the tap on full for a bit to clean the pipes out then refit the filter/ end of the tap and your done
Regards Brett