Listing monitored by Etax Accountants

Pros

• 100% online help with taxes

• Highly user-friendly website

• Affordable service

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Dan H
Dan HBelconnen 2617, ACT

GONE DOWNHILL FAST - I would avoid.

Roger D.South West, WA

Hardly worth the money

My tax was submitted although did not cover my Foreign Resident Capital gains with holding certificate, after many phone calls and emails to try to get this sorted with the company and being told on at least 5 occasions that I had been flagged for the senior account to fix and call back, this never happened.
After calling the ATO I was informed that they were guided on how to correct my application, but NO this was still not done after many complaints, so I went online and fixed it myself in 5 mins.
Will never use this company again ever

Neal W.
Neal W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very expensive!!

Based on the reviews online I decided to use etax. I previously used H&R Block there basic tax return service is $40 with no extras.

E Not clear at all on charges.

etax charge $98 for a simple tax return.
$70.90 - Fast Etax return.
$19.80 - Refund processing fee
$7.70 - Trust account clearing fee

Levi
LeviSouth East Queensland, QLD

$0 worth of work expenses back $0 in work travel back they gave me the absolute minimum in return I will not be back.

3.5k on work computer $0 returned 1000km min travel $0 returned I was expecting maximum returns and I laughed at my final amount thinking it was a joke well it was not.

Chez reweti
Chez rewetiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolute rubbish and suspicious of scams

Impossible to speak to an Australian English speaking person who won’t put me on hold for hours. These Indians were very unhelpful and kept putting me on hold for hours and any kind of talking only led to goosechase loopholes. Very disappointed in the way the conduct themselves.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Jade Woodbury
Jade Woodbury Queensland

DEFENCE MEMBERS BEWARE

I had etax try and charge me MLS even though I am a single ADF member that has a full exemption. They also told me I had to get private health cover or they would not waiver it next year. After explaining we don't have private health cover they refused to change it back. This is a loss of over $1000 on my tax return.
They are not up to date on current ATO exemptions and exclusions. I would not recommend them for any ADF members. Accountants should be up to date on all medicare exemptions and exclusions!

Fuck maccas
Fuck maccas

Not satisfied

Sorry to say but i was not satisfied with this service as i found it hard to complete. I would like to remove my account and stop receiving emails if that is okay.

Ronald
RonaldSydney, NSW

Terrible, waiting over a week for a reply nothing!! Do not trust this company

Terrible, waiting over a week for a reply nothing!! Do not trust this company I feel like it could be a scam due to the fact they took all my details 0 replies

Lost receipt

Lost my receipt had to go into my old ph and re attach all receipts that I could fine unable to fine a few after a talking with your on call people were they couldNOT fine them and told if I did not have them they were not deducted I applied them throw the year and very dissatisfied and disappointed as I’ve lost out in my diligence to keep receipt

Tanya P.
Tanya P.South East Queensland, QLD

Do not use

i entered my correct income and etax changed it without telling me ! therefore my return is wrong then want to charge me to fix it!!!! Absolutely useless, should have done it myself!! Don't use!!!

David
David South-Eastern Region, NSW

errible service

Did not help me whatsoever get the best possible refund for me. No help at all or personal service just another number. Will never use this service ever again, not happy at all.

The Culinary Library.com
The Culinary Library.comSouth East Queensland, QLD

Big mistake

Vijay
VijayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Misleading

When filing the tax it showed me an amount of 933 in REFUND section and ATO showed 201. As I am new to Australia, I tried to go with Etax because the Refund shown is greater. But after submitting the tax returns, etax updated me by showing 201 as refund. They have explained me it as 933 as amount payable and 201 as refund but they have worked and reduced the amount payable (sounds funny).
I would always recommend to go with ATO website as their website is misleading information by showing Amounts Payable in Refund column.
I would definetely not recommend Etax if you are a regular employee.

Sarah
SarahSydney, NSW

Terrible accounting + they added $140 to their fee for "additional services"

My total owing was exhorbitant, higher than any other year despite a smaller income. They do absolutely nothing to save you money on your return and they added $140 to my fee for "additional services" - They did not confirm if I'd like to go ahead with this. As far as I can tell the "additional services" were asking 2 or 3 questions. My accountant seemed highly confused about his job and english was not his first language... $200+ for the worst and most stressful return I've ever filed. I won't be returning, obviously.

Incredible Poor Service

Very incompetent company that mostly generate a computer generated response.
They are very disorganised and their responses contradict them selves. Untrustworthy, incompetence and very poor refunds compared to other accountants. Good luck with them.
Still waiting on a tax refund from previous year!

Laurie C.
Laurie C.asked

Hello, My husband and I Started a small business in May of this year (2021). We are in need of tax information for our business and personal returns for this tax year. This will be the first tax filing for the new business in April of 2022.

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for reaching out and for your questions. Our advice depends on the unique personal circumstances of yourself and your husband. If you could please get in touch with us via feedback@etax.com.au with your best contact number, we'll ask one of our senior accountants to give you a call to discuss your situation and needs in more detail.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Rocky P.
Rocky P.asked

Would you have a estimate how much it cost if i get help for this years tax and amend last two financial years if i get stuck or its more complicated then i realized. I'm in the low to medium income threshold not a large business but have done some trading so there might be some paper trail that needs looking at. What kind of prices would i be looking at?

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Rocky, Our Etax returns start from $69.90. This includes our personalised tax return, full accountant review for extra deductions, lodgement to the ATO, handling of any correspondence from the ATO and year round tax advice. Our Business Tax Returns start at $167.90 (this does not apply to most sole traders – it only applies to people who need to claim detailed business items on their tax return; item 15 (Net Income Or Loss From Business), Item 16 (Deferred Non-commercial Business Losses) or items from P4–P19 (business reporting items).

Additionally if you'd like to pay nothing up front we can deduct our fee from the refund when it's issued by the ATO. If you take that option there's an extra $27.50 processing fee involved.

We can lodge an amended tax return for you to include any missed information on prior year returns. If you choose this option, there'll be a $44 fee per amended return if Etax lodged the original return, or if you lodged via a different method our standard fees apply for any amended tax return.

If you would like to add an amendment to your return please register and log into your Etax account, select the relevant year and send a new message requesting an amended return and enter as much detail as possible about the amendment.

If you're new to Etax you can register here to start your tax return online: https://secure.etax.com.au/register

Kind regards,

Rocky P.
Rocky P.asked

hi, i have traded crypto and not sure how to do the tax i have found some software that shows the
dates,profits, loses, times of trade etc. but not sure how to fill out my tax with the information. Do you guy have experience with crypto tax like this? Thanks

Hi Rocky,
Yes we can! Etax can help with all types of individual tax returns including those for taxpayers who have done crypto currency trading. You can start your tax return at Etax.com.au and then enter any crypto capital gains (or losses) at the capital gains section of the tax return.

If you get stuck or aren't sure what to enter at this section, please just connect with us on Live Chat (in the bottom right of your return) or send a secure message using the envelope icon at the top of your tax return and one of our accountants can help ensure you have everything in the right spot. Your return will also be reviewed twice by our accounting team before lodgement to the ATO!

Kind Regards,

Get an answer from our members and Etax Accountants representatives

How to use Etax Accountants

You enter your tax details on the Etax website and sign off after filling out as much relevant information as possible. Etax then proceeds to check your return, primarily focussing on looking for ways to boost the amount of tax you get back, and checking your return for accuracy and ATO compliance.

Points of praise for Etax Accountants

• The convenience of an online tax system was highly appreciated by Etax Accountant clients, with one reviewer commenting, ‘I can do all the necessary things myself on my own computer instead of gathering up thousands of papers and driving to an office.’
  • The vast majority of reviewers found the online system quick and easy to work with, especially with the pre-filled sections that cut down on time. Overall reviewers often praised the site’s overall user-friendliness
  • Staff are helpful and quick to assist if you have any queries, which can be asked using an online web chat
  • The fee for this service is reasonable, which is another indirect way to maximise your tax return.

Points to consider

While Etax Accountants offer tax services for small businesses and sole traders, they don't do tax returns for large companies.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

As a 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service, Etax Accountants don’t compromise on quality with their completely online and convenient tax service. Top points were awarded for Etax Accountants’ transparency in terms of having open, honest and informative business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to submitted tax return forms.