Listing monitored by Etax Accountants

Pros

• 100% online help with taxes

• Highly user-friendly website

• Affordable service

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
Micky
MickySouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing

So silly to use credit card 2 times and I was under the impression that I paid up front to find out you wanted a further payment to lodge . Why 2 payments

EtaxEtax Accountants

Never doing tax with this company again.

They calculated and lodged my tax return incorrectly. A mistake that was going to cost me a large amount in tax payable. I had a feeling something was not quite right so i asked them questions to get some clarity. I felt their response was very careless considering the financial repercussions their mistake would have had for me. A tax company that can't do tax is unacceptable. I am now questioning whether my previous tax returns with them were correct?

DanielSydney, NSW

Slow but steady decline

Chris L.
Chris L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Overcharged and will not respond to messages

Edit: After posting this review they finally contacted me and fixed the issue.

Charged me the fee for businesses when I am an individual. Have sent them three messages regarding this, the first being 3-4 weeks ago and the most recent being 8 days ago. They have not responded.

Review Queen
Review QueenSydney

Real or fake?

EtaxEtax Accountants

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

ATO's myTAX and eTAX are about the same return

I calculated the return with eTAX alongside the ATO's myTAX. Although eTAX estimated an extra $26 than myTAX (entering exactly the same details into both sites) myTAX don't charge a fee for using them. So, by the time eTAX get me the extra $26, minus the cost of using them (~$65 or more), I get more in my pocket by using the the ATO's myTAX.

Student
StudentGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not answer questions

They have no problem asking you a million questions and expect an answer ASAP but cannot answer any of yours. You have to ask multiple times and get a brief reply that only half answers your questions. Would not use this service again.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Not as easy as you think and no reponse to question

After my partner and I receiving many pestering emails to complete my return (didn't stop even after I email to explain we were waiting on some additional paperwork) when I completed the process my estimate dropped by almost $300. When I emailed to ask why I was ignored and received more pestering messages to pressures into lodging, which I did as it had turned into a long drawn out process. Yes they are cheaper but you get what you pay for. Will not be returning to them next year owing to bad service and security concerns around personal data.

Viney
VineyDarwin, NT

Has been great in the past this year not so good in response

Very hard the get feedback from account
It seems as they are understaffed as every step takes a long time for response, I could have physically visted an accountant and have had it dealt with there and then but this process has already taken over a week and only just finalized, still waiting for payment which is expected

Waste of time

From an estimate of 6k went down to 3k without even explain why. If you are a tradie stay away from this. Waste of time.

Liz
LizSydney

Support team appear so to be inexperienced and are unable to answer questions/provide appropriate an

Perhaps this might be a good service for someone who just needs to do a straight tax return, but then again, you don't really need a service for that. You can just go on the ATO website and lodge there. I had a number of questions and tried to use 2 of their chat service people and someone on their phones. I was given unclear answers, put on hold multiple times while they had to check with superiors/team leaders. Finally I was provided information that I believe was not factual (I did a check on it later). I have decided to go elsewhere. I lost faith in the service. It really feels like I was speaking to students or very junior employees.

Masquerading as the Tax Office

When a person googles ETax it should come up with the ATO service not a private company. I didn't realise till the final steps that you weren't the ATO and that I had wasted my 90+ dollars on you guys when I had done all the work myself. Shame on you!

Jenniferlaw61Sydney, NSW

Ok in the beginning, now don’t listen and shout at customer s

bsquared1501
bsquared1501Mandurah

Why pay them when you do all the work

I got caught with e-tax being top on google, thinking it was the ATO. I had to fill in all the details then they want $69 to lodge the return. I cancelled my log-in - still waiting for confirmation from e-tax and found the ATO my tax website. All the information is already included and it doesn't charge for the service. Why pay this e-tax mob when you do all the work when my tax (ATO) puts in all the information for nothing. Incidentally both came up with the same refund.

Tim S
Tim S

Poor performance not recommended

Etax is easy to use however you will get a much better return from an actual tax agent. Etax accountants are not interested in maximising your return and for the price your business is better taken elsewhere.

Laurie C.
Laurie C.asked

Hello, My husband and I Started a small business in May of this year (2021). We are in need of tax information for our business and personal returns for this tax year. This will be the first tax filing for the new business in April of 2022.

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for reaching out and for your questions. Our advice depends on the unique personal circumstances of yourself and your husband. If you could please get in touch with us via feedback@etax.com.au with your best contact number, we'll ask one of our senior accountants to give you a call to discuss your situation and needs in more detail.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Rocky P.
Rocky P.asked

Would you have a estimate how much it cost if i get help for this years tax and amend last two financial years if i get stuck or its more complicated then i realized. I'm in the low to medium income threshold not a large business but have done some trading so there might be some paper trail that needs looking at. What kind of prices would i be looking at?

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Rocky, Our Etax returns start from $69.90. This includes our personalised tax return, full accountant review for extra deductions, lodgement to the ATO, handling of any correspondence from the ATO and year round tax advice. Our Business Tax Returns start at $167.90 (this does not apply to most sole traders – it only applies to people who need to claim detailed business items on their tax return; item 15 (Net Income Or Loss From Business), Item 16 (Deferred Non-commercial Business Losses) or items from P4–P19 (business reporting items).

Additionally if you'd like to pay nothing up front we can deduct our fee from the refund when it's issued by the ATO. If you take that option there's an extra $27.50 processing fee involved.

We can lodge an amended tax return for you to include any missed information on prior year returns. If you choose this option, there'll be a $44 fee per amended return if Etax lodged the original return, or if you lodged via a different method our standard fees apply for any amended tax return.

If you would like to add an amendment to your return please register and log into your Etax account, select the relevant year and send a new message requesting an amended return and enter as much detail as possible about the amendment.

If you're new to Etax you can register here to start your tax return online: https://secure.etax.com.au/register

Kind regards,

Rocky P.
Rocky P.asked

hi, i have traded crypto and not sure how to do the tax i have found some software that shows the
dates,profits, loses, times of trade etc. but not sure how to fill out my tax with the information. Do you guy have experience with crypto tax like this? Thanks

Hi Rocky,
Yes we can! Etax can help with all types of individual tax returns including those for taxpayers who have done crypto currency trading. You can start your tax return at Etax.com.au and then enter any crypto capital gains (or losses) at the capital gains section of the tax return.

If you get stuck or aren't sure what to enter at this section, please just connect with us on Live Chat (in the bottom right of your return) or send a secure message using the envelope icon at the top of your tax return and one of our accountants can help ensure you have everything in the right spot. Your return will also be reviewed twice by our accounting team before lodgement to the ATO!

Kind Regards,

Get an answer from our members and Etax Accountants representatives

How to use Etax Accountants

You enter your tax details on the Etax website and sign off after filling out as much relevant information as possible. Etax then proceeds to check your return, primarily focussing on looking for ways to boost the amount of tax you get back, and checking your return for accuracy and ATO compliance.

Points of praise for Etax Accountants

• The convenience of an online tax system was highly appreciated by Etax Accountant clients, with one reviewer commenting, ‘I can do all the necessary things myself on my own computer instead of gathering up thousands of papers and driving to an office.’
  • The vast majority of reviewers found the online system quick and easy to work with, especially with the pre-filled sections that cut down on time. Overall reviewers often praised the site’s overall user-friendliness
  • Staff are helpful and quick to assist if you have any queries, which can be asked using an online web chat
  • The fee for this service is reasonable, which is another indirect way to maximise your tax return.

Points to consider

While Etax Accountants offer tax services for small businesses and sole traders, they don't do tax returns for large companies.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

As a 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service, Etax Accountants don’t compromise on quality with their completely online and convenient tax service. Top points were awarded for Etax Accountants’ transparency in terms of having open, honest and informative business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to submitted tax return forms.