Listing monitored by Etax Accountants

Pros

• 100% online help with taxes

• Highly user-friendly website

• Affordable service

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
Joanne
JoanneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Easy to use

Love how I can chat to someone straight away and the fact that everything is already in place so I don't have to go about finding lots of paper work

Nik
NikMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nothing special

Overall it was quite easy to do, a lot quicker compared to mygov. But I didn't get any help with recommendations on what i could add to increase my refund. I had to prompt the accountant a few times till they suggested things. I'll be going back to doing this on my own. not worth the money sadly.

Lesa WADE
Lesa WADE

Perfect if I have done it right seems a bit to easy.

Found the tax easy to do I am not really quite sure if I have done it correct,it’s true to my knowledge let’s just wait and see. I hope I can use the same system next year. Thankyou

Find out how Etax Accountants compares to other Tax Preparation Services

etax.... easy but maybe not all you can get

Easier and less trouble than seeing a real accountant although probably not as financially beneficial to the client, as I feel that more could have been claimed and deducted. Help chat feature is O.K.

Jankap
JankapSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very fast

Very fast servive, i will tell other people about this servive to use very happy for myself never used it before in my life wish i known sooner then now

EtaxEtax Accountants

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Easy to use

Really easy to use and follow the steps to completion.
Prompted me to provide information as required.

The only problem I can foresee is that you may miss something as you do not know what you don't know what you can submit to claim.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Nothing you can’t complete with mygov and some common sense if return isn’t complicated

Need to work on some processes but overall a good idea. Systems were good and functional however some of the accountants didn’t offer the greatest experience which was frustrating at times. Need to work on the value add part of their service and not just compliance to entice me to use again. Have updated review since original post

Very good

Thank you guys I have found this app to be easy to use and very very efficient and for the most part I have found it very very accurate and safe

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks for your review Bigkahunarnr! Please do reach out if there's anything else we could do to help improve our service to 5 stars in your eyes!

mar
marSouth East Queensland, QLD

review

A bit concerned about the confusion on my part with regards my Salary Sacrifice into my Super. I thought it was a tax deductable item and after a prolonged period of chasing an "acknowledgement letter" which didn't exist. I was finally told by a Super agent that that was not the case. A lot of time could have been saved if I had been advised better.

Very stress less experience

Staff were Very helpful and such a professional attitude. Well versed and knowledgeable. The staff were able to easily navigate me through the whole process which made my experience extremely pain less

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thanks for your feedback Joe! Glad to hear we took the stress out of doing your taxes!

Blossom
Blossom

Yippee all done

It wasn’t too bad although I kept going back to make sure I hadn’t missed anything. I will definitely use this system again for sure. I’m very pleased I’ve done it.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear we could help make doing your tax return easy!

Andrew Wilson
Andrew WilsonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Kotton

OK This is a quick way to do a simple individual review for aged pensioners. A more complicated tax return lodgement would require a tax agent.
Yours Sincerely

Mr Andrew G .Wilson

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thank you for the feedback Andrew. We're constantly making improvements to the Etax Tax Return and we hope you'll give us another go next year!

Normally a good service, but average this year

For basic tax returns they are fast and easy. This year I had a few questions regarding my return and they simply went unanswered. Instead I got automated emails urging me to simply sign my statement and submit my tax return without all of my deductions.
Not the end of the world. I sought tax advice from elsewhere, but just bad service.

Palle
Palle

Thanks, but really not necessary. Given the extraordinary delays and difficulties I experienced this year, I simply learned how to do my own tax returns. I never have to pay again.

Jye Johnston
Jye JohnstonCentral Queensland, QLD

Good and reliable easy to use

Easy and quick to do. Very reliable and very detailed, will certainly use this service again for the further years to come. Am very please with this service thank you.

EtaxEtax Accountants

Thank you for the review and for choosing Etax! We're happy to hear we could help make lodging your return so quick and easy!

Da T.
Da T.

Ok to use but not actually needed

I've done my tax return last year with etax, previously I lodge directly myself.
Thought to give it a go and see if there is anything different. Found they are exactly the same as me lodging directly, and I fill up mine directly in myGov to get an idea of what difference will make.
No need to use if at the end of the day all you share with them are the same as what you will be filling in myGov.
PS I've got some CGT events hence thought to use an agent.

Laurie C.
Laurie C.asked

Hello, My husband and I Started a small business in May of this year (2021). We are in need of tax information for our business and personal returns for this tax year. This will be the first tax filing for the new business in April of 2022.

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for reaching out and for your questions. Our advice depends on the unique personal circumstances of yourself and your husband. If you could please get in touch with us via feedback@etax.com.au with your best contact number, we'll ask one of our senior accountants to give you a call to discuss your situation and needs in more detail.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Rocky P.
Rocky P.asked

Would you have a estimate how much it cost if i get help for this years tax and amend last two financial years if i get stuck or its more complicated then i realized. I'm in the low to medium income threshold not a large business but have done some trading so there might be some paper trail that needs looking at. What kind of prices would i be looking at?

EtaxEtax Accountants

Hi Rocky, Our Etax returns start from $69.90. This includes our personalised tax return, full accountant review for extra deductions, lodgement to the ATO, handling of any correspondence from the ATO and year round tax advice. Our Business Tax Returns start at $167.90 (this does not apply to most sole traders – it only applies to people who need to claim detailed business items on their tax return; item 15 (Net Income Or Loss From Business), Item 16 (Deferred Non-commercial Business Losses) or items from P4–P19 (business reporting items).

Additionally if you'd like to pay nothing up front we can deduct our fee from the refund when it's issued by the ATO. If you take that option there's an extra $27.50 processing fee involved.

We can lodge an amended tax return for you to include any missed information on prior year returns. If you choose this option, there'll be a $44 fee per amended return if Etax lodged the original return, or if you lodged via a different method our standard fees apply for any amended tax return.

If you would like to add an amendment to your return please register and log into your Etax account, select the relevant year and send a new message requesting an amended return and enter as much detail as possible about the amendment.

If you're new to Etax you can register here to start your tax return online: https://secure.etax.com.au/register

Kind regards,

Rocky P.
Rocky P.asked

hi, i have traded crypto and not sure how to do the tax i have found some software that shows the
dates,profits, loses, times of trade etc. but not sure how to fill out my tax with the information. Do you guy have experience with crypto tax like this? Thanks

Hi Rocky,
Yes we can! Etax can help with all types of individual tax returns including those for taxpayers who have done crypto currency trading. You can start your tax return at Etax.com.au and then enter any crypto capital gains (or losses) at the capital gains section of the tax return.

If you get stuck or aren't sure what to enter at this section, please just connect with us on Live Chat (in the bottom right of your return) or send a secure message using the envelope icon at the top of your tax return and one of our accountants can help ensure you have everything in the right spot. Your return will also be reviewed twice by our accounting team before lodgement to the ATO!

Kind Regards,

Get an answer from our members and Etax Accountants representatives

How to use Etax Accountants

You enter your tax details on the Etax website and sign off after filling out as much relevant information as possible. Etax then proceeds to check your return, primarily focussing on looking for ways to boost the amount of tax you get back, and checking your return for accuracy and ATO compliance.

Points of praise for Etax Accountants

• The convenience of an online tax system was highly appreciated by Etax Accountant clients, with one reviewer commenting, ‘I can do all the necessary things myself on my own computer instead of gathering up thousands of papers and driving to an office.’
  • The vast majority of reviewers found the online system quick and easy to work with, especially with the pre-filled sections that cut down on time. Overall reviewers often praised the site’s overall user-friendliness
  • Staff are helpful and quick to assist if you have any queries, which can be asked using an online web chat
  • The fee for this service is reasonable, which is another indirect way to maximise your tax return.

Points to consider

While Etax Accountants offer tax services for small businesses and sole traders, they don't do tax returns for large companies.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

As a 2021 Award Winner for Best Tax Preparation Service, Etax Accountants don’t compromise on quality with their completely online and convenient tax service. Top points were awarded for Etax Accountants’ transparency in terms of having open, honest and informative business practices, as well as its timeliness in responding to submitted tax return forms.