15Euca Concentrated Laundry Detergents

Euca Concentrated Laundry Detergents Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Teresa S. · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Hi I need help to remove the bung from a 10kg tub of liquid washing soap

Hi Teresa , thanks for the contact ,
How to insert the tap on any Euca Liquid drum, 10lt and 20lt
You will need either a large flat head screw driver or other wide blade tool like a butter knife etc

NOTE- the bung is the insert in the lower front of the container just under the label.

1. While the drum is upright - remove black top lid and then remove the tap hidden screwed in under the lid.
2. replace black lid - tight enough not to leak.
3. place drum on its back side, with the white bung (plug) facing upright
4. remove the bung with selected tools you have.
5. screw in the tap clockwise (so its firm only) ... when turning determine when will be the last rotation to allow the mouth of the tap to face down. Do Not Over Tighten as this may damage the thread
6. in some instances you may have to turn the tap backwards anticlockwise to allow the mouth of the tap to face down. if you feel it maybe too loose in the thread. you can remove the tap again and place some plumbing tape around the thread or glad wrap to allow a tighter fit. Do not cover or block the back of the tap that goes into the container . Note- They are mass produced, so they don’t always tighten to the “down position” .
7. Check tap appears firm and that the tap handle is facing vertical (to what would be vertical if standing upright) This is the closed / off position so it does not pour out when standing back upright.
8. Return the drum to the upright position, check the tap is closed and no leaks.
9. While upright check for any leaks from the tap or thread area. In some cases you may need a small container to catch drips from the tap (small drips) from each use, plus over time the tap can drip (not the most expensive tap in the world so it can drip sometimes) .
10. Loosen the black lid on top to allow the product to flow out of the tap (air pressure) - note sometimes you need to remove cap fully - or tip drum forward to get a good flow - always be careful when doing this

regards Gavin K

Chloe M.
Chloe M.

Hi Gavin, this is not working. The bung on the front does not come out we have tried everything!!

Euca   DM

Hi Chloe - please email me gavin@eucaonline.com.au we will work this out for you , regards Gavin K

Teresa S.

Gavin, I am still having trouble getting the bung out. I do not have the right tools or strength to get the bung out. Teresa S

Euca   DM

Hi Teresa , please email me your address, we can send a tool that allows easy access to the bung and lid , regards Gavin K gavin@eucaonline.com.au

Barry W.
Barry W. · Concentrated Laundry Powder

where to buy

John
John

Euca   DM

Thanks John , Hi Barry , yes John is correct we have the full range available on line on our website, you can visit some Mitre 10 stores or Repco stores for the powder 10kg, they may have to order in the Liquid in 10lt but generally don't stock the other sizes or ranges, hope this helps. let us know if you have any other questions .

Kerri W. · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Hi! I just bought the laundry powder for the firsr time because of the positive reviews!

It came with a bonus fabric conditioner but there's no instructions on how to use it or how much to use. I've never used fabric softener before so I'm a newbie! :-). Can anyone help with this information? Thanks!

Dani

Hi, I’m not too sure but if you check the website or send them an email, I’m sure they can help. I haven’t used the softener yet, but the soaker is great!

Kerri W.

Hi Dani. Thanks very much for responding to my query :-)

I checked the website but unfortunately there's no information relating to my query.

Thanks for your feedback about the soaker. I use soaker also but a different brand right now. I may switch over now :-)

Euca   DM

Hi Kerri apologies we did not include the below info on the Mitre10 Bonus pack, we are fixing this for future batches ..
see a cut and paste of info below for you. let me know if you need any more information , regards Gavin K __________________________________________

Euca Fabo Fabric Conditioner. A highly concentrated final wash aid that will enrich your fabrics to make them feel luxurious, softer and fresher plus also make your ironing easier. It has anti-static properties that make it particularly good for all synthetic blend fabrics. Euca Fabo utilises Australian eucalyptus oil to clean plus deodorise naturally, is sodium and phosphate free and ideal for top and front loading washes. Euca Fabo is suitable for all septic, bio and grey water systems, is low allergenic for those with skin sensitivities.
Premium quality ultra-concentrate liquid
Made with pure Australian Eucalyptus oil
Sodium & Phosphate free and environmentally friendly
100% water soluble
Low allergenic and contains no fillers or synthetic perfumes
Can be used in hot or cold water, Top or front loaders
Use less per wash and costs less overall
Suitable for industrial, commercial and domestic use
Suitable for septic and grey water systems
Not tested on animals

TOP LOADER: Use 40ml (2 x tablespoons)
FRONT LOADER: Use 20ml (1 x tablespoon)

So, what is the main difference in Euca Fabo Fabric Softener to regular fabric softeners? The quick answer is Euca fabric softener is similar to most others, but is a much higher concentrate, 100% soluble and has more active solids to make your clothes feel even more soft and fresh. Euca Fabo works better and quicker, while using less to save you money.
Often Fabric Softeners are linked to a sludge that can form in washing machines and is why its mentioned to “Not use”. This “sludge / gunk” is not actually the fabric softener itself, but the solids in the softener (any softener) reacting with the undissolved detergents from the “cleaning powder or liquids” being used. If you use Euca Laundry powder or Liquid, its 100% soluble and no residue. The Softener has nothing to react with to cause this sludge.
So, if you use our Euca Laundry detergent Liquid or Powder with Euca Fabo Fabric softener you will have no issues at all. Remember Euca keeps your washing machine clean inside as well.

kathykiwi
kathykiwi · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Can you use water from washing machine to water lawns??

Dani

Hi,yes,according to the Euca website you can - I would have guessed yes anyway as the waste water is not oily or soapy like with traditional powders.

Hi Kathy and Dani Kathy
All Euca is designed to be biodegradable so nil to minimal impact to the environment. It depends on what you are cleaning that changes that equation as oily work clothes can make the water contaminated.

Our powder has one of the lowest phosphate content and is pharmaceutical grade so perfect for lawn and plants .

Our liquid has no phosphate as not needed in a liquid formula

Dani
Many thanks for answering as well , much appreciated. Yes you are correct.

Let me know if you have have any questions as we are always happy to help
Regards

Ara · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Hi just woundering,where i can buy this laundry powder please?

Rebecca G.

I ordered mine direct from Euca and had it sent out

Dave R
Dave R

Depending on where you live? I live in WA and buy mine through Covs Parts (an automotive parts supplier). They often have it on special, and I find the 25kg bucket is the cheapest way to buy it.

Ara

How much does it cost for 25 kg?is it gonna be cheap if i order more than 20 kg?

Euca   DM

Hi Ara, we have 20kg on the external link  website. we dont do 25kg off the website due to weight and handling issues in transit. Also, you are in the cusp of a price increase, the 20kg is currently $129 , but on the 1st of Aug it goes to $142. We have not had a price increase for over 5 years, so apologies we had to put these in place recently . Let me know if you need anymore info, Note Blackwoods has our 25kg tub for $195 if you google that. regards Gavin K / Euca

Asher T.
Asher T. · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Is this product ok on brand name materials ?

Rebecca G.

Yes its perfectly safe.. better than store bought with no harsh chemicals

Euca   DM

Hi Asher, and a big thanks to Rebecca as well, Yes, as Rebecca said, we dont have any nasties in our products, and we also make and sell natural soap blends as well like our Soft Wash and Castile , so Euca is very safe for all materials and brands.
we are always available to chat more if you want, send me an email if any more questions . gavin@eucaonline.com.au

Jemima M.
Jemima M. · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Hi there,
I have recently bought a 10kg tub of laundry liquid. Keen to use it but can't work out how to get the 'bung' out so I can put in the tap, have pulled out my tools but not luck yet. Any tips as to how best to do this?

Euca   DM

Hi Jemima, I am so sorry that I have been slack in viewing all areas of this forum, I missed your message . Please email me on gavin@eucaonline.com.au I will arrange a bung tool for you . its a simple tool that helps to remove the bung. a large screwdriver is good in the meantime as well. I have a detailed instruction page as well . let me know if you have any other questions , regards Gavin K

Sharon J
Sharon J · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Hi I have a front loader 7 kg washing machine and three mechanics with filthy clothes. Does it work on greasy, oily clothes effectively?

nadia
nadia

Hi i would like to know too, hubby a mechanic as well.

Euca   DM

Hi Sharon and Nadia. Thanks for the questions, and apologies to Sharon for the delay in reply.
For straight grease removal Euca has been very effective. Euca was originally launched with Repco as a laundry wash for mechanic overalls, just over time it has been found to be effective for allergies and being eco for what " we don't put in it" .
Re greasy clothes, At times depending on the build up or density of the soiling you can make a paste with the powder, apply to highly soiled areas , let sit for / or soak for a short while then wash.

We have since worked with a number of Health and Beauty parlors to help clean essential oils out of robes and towels, so for this we created our "Pre wash" spray made from Eucalyptus and Citrus. This is highly effective in removing soaked in essential oils, which are in fact harder to remove than automotive grease.

let me know if any other questions, as always happy to help
, regards Gavin K @ Euca

Deborah · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Hi

I have a new 14kg washing machine and am not sure how much Euca washing powder I should use. Any help? Absolutely love all your products plus you are AUSTRALIAN owned HOORAY !!! Thank you in advance

Euca   DM

Hi Deborah, Not knowing if you have a top loader or front, so apologies I will give you both.

Front Loader 20g (about a tablespoon )

Top Loader 40g

You can up or down the amount depending on dirt / soiling . Note the hardest part about Euca is getting used to using so little.

Let me know if you need any more information, as we are always happy to help

Deborah

Thank you Gavin for your reply. Wow that is so much less then I have been using. I better readjust my measurements. Thanks you

Rina T
Rina T · Concentrated Laundry Powder

What is the difference between Euca Laundry detergent and Euca Lightning Laundry detergent?

Euca   DM

Hi Rina Not sure if you are asking the difference between Euca Laundry Liquid vs the Euca Laundry Powder ?

If its this, then they are two completely different designs, but follow the same philosophy in no fillers , no perfume and no nasties . The liquid is completely phosphate free, where as the powder has a small amount that is compatible with soil and plants to aid growth.

If you are asking about the brand name "Lightning" . Lightning was the company name up until November 2018 that made Euca. We changed our name due to selling the Lightning side of the business. We still make Euca but under the "Proud Products Pty Ltd" name .

hope this helps answer your questions

Joy
Joy · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Can I buy in 20 kgbulk ?

Euca   DM

Hi Joy, Funny you should ask that, as we have just launched our 20kg tub of Euca Laundry Powder at eucaonline.com.au

Product #106T20 ...

Let me know if you have any other questions, we are always happy to help

WENDY
WENDY

I bought the 25kg bucket but they do now have 10kg in a boxed version. Which is good because I can also refill the bucket when I have run out of laundry powder. Hope this helps. Kind Regards.

Karen
Karen · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Is Euca good for washing woolens?

Euca   DM

Hi Karen, Thanks for taking the time to ask us a question, yes Euca is great with woollens as we have a great sponsor in a local Australian Wool manufacturer who recommends Euca powder and liquid ( Silver Fleece in South Australia)

That said, we do specially make our Soft Wash which is specifically made for Wool and all delicates. We recommend our Soft wash as its a more pure soap based wash that wont remove the lanolin from wool.

We have this available on our website now …

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us, always happy to help . Regards Gavin K - Euca On Line

Faiz
Faiz · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Why does this detergent have so many reviews when it is hardly available anywhere? I notice that most reviewers have only ever left one review. Something is clearly not right.

Euca   DM

Hi Mansuri Thanks for taking the time to ask a question about Euca.

We appreciate all our customers comments good or bad .

Euca is available through Repco ( for about 30 years ) Blackwoods and through select mitre10 and IGA stores . We also have our online website as well as our means to showcase the whole range available.

Euca is unique and not in mainstream supermarkets .

Customers are welcome to comment on this review website and we have a link to this site on ours to let them know.

In relation to customers only making one post , I'm not sure the issue here as we assume that would normally be the case .

Always happy to answer any questions you might have

Regards Gavin K

Wendy · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Where can I buy Euca laundry powder?

Sparky13
Sparky13

Mitre 10, Total Tools

Euca   DM

Hi Wendy, yes Mitre10, Repco and some IGA's have Euca available. You can also buy directly on line as well via external link

Let me know if you have any troubles acquiring Euca .. regards Gavin K

Wendy

I have over the years bought Euca at IGAs and Miter 10 but they don’t always have the 10 kg pack. Thanks and I’ll keep trying different ones.

Tori
Tori · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Hi. Have you changed the formula? All of a sudden my clothes smell and feel like they’ve been washed with a cheap soap. It’s horrible! And why do I have to subscribe just to ask a question?

Euca   DM

Hi Tori, Can I ask are you using Powder or Liquid . Neither has changed, just wanting to know which product.

The pop up to subscribe you can dismiss ... we have a contacts page which you can send a direct email to me on. No need to subscribe.

talk more on this, see what we can resolve

regards Gavin K

KEO
KEO · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Where can I get that ?

Euca   DM

Hi, Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to contact us via "Product Review" .

Euca has been around for a long time, but never in any of the usual retailers. We are stocked in Repco (you will need to ask for it to be ordered in from the warehouse as not in each store)

Mitre 10 ... a lot of stores have stock, others don't, so again you may need to ask a staff member.

Some IGA's across Australia have ranged Euca at some point,

We ventured out on our own with external link  to help most people have access to Euca, so that's and option as well.

We are always happy to help, so if you come unstuck in your quest to buy Euca anywhere, feel free to contact us via here ... or our website ..

hope this helps,

regards '

margie
margie

You buy it in line

LynW
LynW

I previously bought the laundry powder from my local Mitre 10 store but they don't stock it anymore. Visit the Euca Online website. Ordering and paying online is really easy and delivery is very quick. You'll find they provide really good service.

brian
brian · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Does this product come in liquid containers?

Or only powder form?

Euca   DM

Hi Brian. Yes we have a Liquid version of Euca as well as the powder. We also have a specialised version liquid call "Soft wash" which is a more pure and gentle wash for delicates, wool, towels and doona's etc.

All have the same properties of being beneficial to those with allergies plus can be used in grey water and septic systems.

If you have any other questions, please just contact us at Euca On Line (.com.au) ... regards Gavin

Mandy
Mandy · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Where abouts in Perth WA can I buy this product? TIA.

Hi Mandy

Either mitre 10 or Repco has stock or you can buy on line at www.eucaonline.com.au

Bribri
Bribri · Concentrated Laundry Powder

Can you buy it at Coles or Safeway and is it Hypallergenic please?

Hi Bribri

You can buy directly from www.eucaonline.com.au

Anne Szerszyn
Anne Szerszyn · Concentrated Laundry Powder

I sampled your amazing product in Broome WA. We are making our way to the N T, where can I purchase ? It is the best product on the market

Gnomes
Gnomes

Best to contact the company in Melbourne directly. They will tell you which businesses in the NT are stocking it. You can also order it on line directly from the company.

1300 722 172

03 8368 2522

Get an answer from our members and Euca representatives

Select a listing for your question
Euca Concentrated Laundry Detergents

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Euca Concentrated Laundry Detergents is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024. Learn more