Clear video in day and night
Terrible sound, pixelated video, often doesn't activate.
We bought this as a security camera facing the road. It's awful. Don't buy it. We've left the camera where it is, but it's really a waste of $400.00. Honestly, give this a miss.
- most of the time it doesn't activate when something happens, which is pretty bad for a security camera. We've had people walk past it, cars go past all day, even cars going in and out of the driveway, it often does nothing. It's only 2 metres from the road. Some days it will activate every few minutes when the wind blows, others it only reacts one or two times a day...to things going past. Today it activated just twice. Very unreliable. - the night vision is bad. We have another wireless camera with night vision and its bad too. I think night vision tech on these wireless home security cameras is just not up to the job for the price point to be honest. - the camera has settings that you can use to target the things you want recorded (such as people). Sounds great but it doesn't seem to make much difference what you set it to. - the battery doesn't last long. I can't remember wether it said months or a year on the advertising, but we've had to charge it maybe once a week. The battery life would depend on how often it activates, and how long it records for.
Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $399.00.
Questions & Answers
With the NBN in Australia do you connect the Home base to the NBN modem?
Yes, I connect straight to the modem by cable.
Is there somewhere I can find what options I will encounter setting up my 2C cameras before I have to decide my preferences? Is there no manual provided with the purchase of a 2C kit?
We have the two cam kit and would like to know if we can add a third camera to it?
Yes just buy extra cameras, i have five
Get an answer from our members
- The eufyCam 2C 2-Cam Kit has a 180 day battery life, providing you with constant security.
- 1080p, Full HD video lets you clearly see who’s snooping around your lawn.
- Detailed night vision gives you crisp footage even at night, so you can clearly see who’s there.
- The surveillance kit is compatible with Amazon Alexa, so you can know what’s going on without your phone wherever you are in the house - including in the shower or out in the garden.
- It uses a wireless system, providing you with an easy installation experience.
- It has a 135 degree diagonal field of view, letting you see what’s going on in and around your home.
- Human detection technology means your camera can detect body shapes and face patterns, so it won’t sound the alarms when a stray cat comes to the door.
- With an IP67 weatherproof rating (meaning it can be left in meter-deep water for up to half an hour), your camera will be able to handle the elements.
- No monthly fee is charged for the surveillance system to function or store video footage.
- A 2-cam kit costs $239.99 - you can also buy a 1-cam, 3-cam or 4-cam kit, letting you choose the level of security your home needs.
Points of praise:
- Reviewers said that the video resolution on the eufyCam 2C 2-Cam Kit was clear, even at night.
- The camera was simple to set up, according to most reviewers.
Points to consider:
- You cannot use the camera by itself, you need to also purchase a eufy Security HomeBase 2 for the camera to work.
- The fittings involve drilling and screwing, so it may take a bit of time to take it down when you need to recharge the camera after 180 days.
- GTIN12: 848061044690, 848061057836, 848061057843 and 848061057850
Other Wireless Surveillance Systems
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.