Euromaid DR14S / DR14W

Euromaid DR14S / DR14W Questions & Answers (page 5 of 5)

DR14S (Stainless), DR14W (White)

97 questions from our users

Michelle B
Michelle Basked
DR14S (Stainless)

Hi, our 8 month old DR14s didn't drain properly yesterday so I ran a pre-wash. During this it drained completely but now when I try to run it (on any program) the machine just sounds like it is still trying to drain & does not start the wash function (eg no water enters the machine). I have cleaned the filters & cannot see any water remaining in the base of the machine, any ideas?

Ruben R.Euromaid

Hi Michelle, have you checked the hoses at the back of the machine? there may be a kink in the hose. if you check this and they are fine, please contact our customer care department on 1800 444 357 or email customercare@hapl.com.au

Mike

Hi mine started doing this last night. Is there a solution? Or you have to get someone out to fix it

sean34
sean34

Yeah mine has just started doing the same thing and only two months old! It appears to be stuck on trying to drain. It won't cancel (press and hold button for 3 secs) and every time you turn back on it is whirring away trying to extract water. I have checked hoses and know this as the dishwasher is totally empty of water although it is still trying to extract. If i turn off and manually fill the bottom with water it will then extract that water through the pipe as i can see/hear it. So no issues with the pipe just he machine!

chris
chrisasked
DR14W (White)

I've had my dishwasher for around 6 months and in the past week it has not been washing with hot water (no steam when it has just finished and i open the door) also the dishes are half dirty. please help

Ruben R.Euromaid

Hi Chris, have you checked for blockages in the filter at the bottom of the machine? this may be causing your issue, are you using rinse aid and if so, you may need to increase the level on the dispenser. if you would like further assistance, please contact our after sales support team on 1800 444 357 and we can trouble shoot over the phone.

Fran
Franasked
DR14W (White)

How do you turn the dishwasher off without having to turn it completely off at wall? Thank you.

Andrea
Andrea

Hi Fran not sure what you mean I don't turn my Dishwasher off at the wall . My mashine has a on /off button to the right (the square one) I just turn it off once finished washing . Hope this helpes

Tas
Tas

Hi, I don't turn it off from the wall at all, why would u need to turn it off? Once it's finished all the cycle I press the button in the dishwasher off. All the best.

Hi Fran,

Please use the on/off button located on the far right of the fascia. The button is square.

Thanks! :)

debs
debsasked
DR14S (Stainless)

Hi I just purchased the Euromaid dishwasher and have had it a week and used it about 5 times and it doesn't dry the dishes at all, this is very frustrating because not only does it not dry them they are that wet I either have to wipe them or leave them air neither is ok when they are meant to dry. Any help?

Hi Debs,

If your dishes are coming out wet there are a few potential causes:

1. Not enough rinse-aid being used. Are you using rinse-aid? If not, we suggest doing so.
2. Is the dishwasher heating the water? Check that at the end of the cycle that the dishes are warm.
3. Ensure that the door is left shut for an adequate amount of time after the cycle finishes to allow the dishes to dry sufficiently.

Let us know how you go.

Thanks :)

Dennis

Can I add that if you've been accustomed to a dishwasher in which the drying cycle has a fan, the Euromaid can seem strange. There is no fan, the drying cycle is silent and simply heat. You know it's in the drying cycle when the third light is red, the light below the second light :-) which is on during the wash. The drying cycle is not quick. You can open the door during this cycle and if it seems close to done you can leave the door open and hot plates finish the drying by themselves. BUT if you interrupt the cycle, you must be sure to press the power button off so that when you next try to wash it doesn't just turn on the drying heat again. Plastics can be a problem, they don't get hot enough to dry properly AND I've had a plastic milk shake container flip over in the strong wash jets so when it's finished drying, it's not properly dry because there in the middle is a great cup of warm water keeping everything humid.

Sandra
Sandraasked
DR14W (White)

Although the DR14W doesn't have an anti-flood, or aqua stop device - it does say it has a Overflow safety - what's the difference please?

Also - in a previous comment I saw that the door doesn't fully open? Can you explain that as well please?

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the question and apologies for the delay in our reply.

Overflow safety refers to the float switch in the base of the dishwasher. When water is present in the base of the appliance, the switch shuts off the water and activates the drain pump.

We are unsure what exactly you mean in respect to the operation of the door, however all our dishwashers open in the same manner as any other manufacturer.

If you need anything further, please let us know.

kate84asked
DR14W (White)

@In their online video, Euromaid say it has an anti-flood device, but there isn't one. This means you must turn off the tap after washing or risk a hose accident that could flood your house. Yes, I know this isn't a top end machine, but I have seen machines costing $299 (Aldi) that have this feature, so it should be there, especially when they state it is present.

Hello. Is there an anti flood device and do we have to turn tap of each time it is used?

G'day Kate,

The DR14 model does not have the AquaSafe feature.

Can you please which online video you are referring to?

Thanks.

Dennis

I saw that reference somewhere too, it may have been Appliances Online video?? There is definitely no anti-flood device. But I really don't mind. On my out-of-warranty Miele, which I've replaced with the Euromaid, there was an anti-flood device.... BUT THEMIELE ANTI-FLOOD DEVICE FAILED, quietly and sneakily and we had no idea until moisture was coming up between the fake timber boards in the kitchen. Instead of flooding out nicely as perhaps on vinyl, it went under the boards. Only from one end of the room can you see the boards have curled.

So our plan now is: replace the flooring when can, be watchful and (absolutely) turn off water and power when planning to be away. The manual says to do that all the time.

Every time I look for the power and water under the sink I am reminded of the perverse work of the trades on this house 25 years ago: [a] the water outlet points up at the mid=shelf so it was necessary to cut a hole in the shelf for pipe; [b] the power plug and switch are DIRECTLY under the tap and water outlet.... I suppose if there's a failure there, at that water outlet, we will find out swiftly as the lights go out! How nice it would be to live in a clever country.

kate84

https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/euromaid-dishwasher-dr14w/ Video mentions anti flood hose connection . Is there?

Goldasked
DR14S / DR14W

My Euromaid BG14BM Dishwasher's detergent dispenser does not lock well. It is a new dishwasher installed 3 months ago. The tablet falls off it constantly and the dishwasher does not run. After several times opening and putting it back, the dishwasher runs. Any solution to this please?

Hi Gold,

Sorry to hear of your concerns.

Does it look like the dispenser has failed? Can you notice anything visible that might be causing it?

Thanks.

Gold

I cannot see anything faulty.

Westfence
Westfenceasked

Hi,
Can I hook it up to hot water?
Regards
Paul

Thanks for the question.

Your Euromaid dishwasher should be hooked up to cold water only!

Thanks :)

Rob
Robasked
DR14S / DR14W

Installed new machine worked well twice. Now sounds like pumping water but doesn't start
Checked all pipes etc. Any help?

Hey Rob,

So sorry for the delay in our reply. We didn't receive the notification.

Sounds like the machine is not being supplied with water. Possibly an issue with the inlet hose, check that first and if there is nothing obvious, by all means give us a call.

1800 444 357

Mike

Hi. Did you get this resolved? Have the same issue. Do they have to come out to fix?

Mike

Hey rob. Is there a simple solution to this?

John
Johnasked
DR14S / DR14W

Just bought a DR14S dishwasher, installed it and it works fine. However, as it washes, it makes a clicking or knocking sound about every 1.5 seconds. Presumably a mechanical sound in time with the rotating sprays. Just a guess! Any reason why? It's most annoying.

Hi John,
it is very hard to determine what may cause it, it could be coming from one of the spray arms.or the pump. please call 1800 444 357 so we can trouble shoot over the phone with you.

Joey
Joeyasked

Hi,

The height of the dishwasher at 850mm, is it the only height, or can it be lowered somehow?

Ruben R.Euromaid

Hi Joey, the only way you can lower the machine is by removing the lid, this will reduce the height by around 25mm, by doing this though, you will notice the machine will become louder while running on a cycle.

Krisasked
DR14S (Stainless)

Is there really no anti flood device and if not why is it advertised as having one?

Bruce

When I bought mine it was not advertised as having one. Perhaps an anti flood device has been added to current models? Check with manufacturer. I just use a simple shut off valve from Bunnings, around $20.

Hello Kris,

Thanks for the question. This model does not have an anti-flood, or aqua stop device on the inlet hose.

Can you please confirm where you have seen this information?

Chat soon.

Kris

Pretty sure it was on the video advertisement about the machine at appliances online website

eric
ericasked
DR14S (Stainless)

Hi, i just have the unit installed today but the door have accidently open while operating... since then water can not getting in. i checked water supply and power is fine. the light is on wash and sound like working but no water in... wonder any reset buttom i can use?

Hi Eric,

Are you able to please contact us over the phone so that we can assist? You can call us on 1800 444 357, between 8:00am and 5:00pm (Monday to Friday).

MO8
MO8asked
DR14S / DR14W

Hi, I was seriously considering buying the FI14BM until I read the review that Choice did on DR14W in February of this year. Are these essentially the same product with different fronts? Could you please respond to the"bad points" Choice found, especially the drying score as that is an important feature for me.
I look forward to your reply,
Mary

Bruce

Hi Mary, not sure if the models you've mentioned are the same product. We've found that it dries much the same as any dishwasher that doesn't have a fan forced dry function. It's not great but doesn't worry us. Washing performance is very good and up with the best of them. However, it isn't the best to stack. the filters are very easy to clean though and don't seem to get all that dirty.

Hi Mary,

Apologies for the delay in our reply!

Let us do some investigation on terms of the Choice review you make reference to and we will post a reply as soon as possible.

Hey Mary,

The structure between the FI14BM and DR14S are different and the drying of the FI14BM is improved by what is known as an Active Ventilation Drying System.

These are tips for any brand dishwasher to keep in mind:

1) Drying of plastics in a dishwasher is always a problem versus metal and crockery that hold the heat, from the drying cycle, improving the drying performance of these type dishes.

2) It is suggested to use dishwashing powder and liquid rinse aid as this improve both performance in washing and drying. For better wash results it is actually recommended not to rinse dishes prior to placing in the dishwasher as the reaction of the powder is designed to attach to food particles for best performance.

3) When the machine beeps to confirm completion open the door slightly to improve the drying performance. All energy labelling and drying results for the labels are conducted with this procedure.

The FI14BM is also fitted with a brushless motor that does not improve the drying performance but has a longer life on the motor and quieter performance.

Ian c
Ian casked
DR14S (Stainless)

Can you use tablets and powder?

Yes, uses both.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the question!

Yes, you can use both tablets & powder. However, we recommend using powder!

Lynda Holzheimer
Lynda Holzheimerasked
DR14W (White)

Does the Euromaid DR 14 have a flood device? Does it have a cutlery container?

Hey Lynda,

So sorry for the delay in our reply!

This model does not have the AquaSafe feature, but it does have a cutlery container. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Have a great day!

kerry L
kerry Lasked
DR14W (White)

DR 14W Is the height 850mm and depth 600mm as product details show opposite measurement?

Bruce

Hi, yes. Measurements are accurate.

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the question.

The spec sheet shows a height of 850mm and depth of 600mm. Can you please let us know where it is listed as the other way around? We would like to investigate and correct if necessary.

Euromaid Customer Care

Get an answer from our members and Euromaid representatives

Euromaid DR14S / DR14W