Euromaid WM5

Euromaid WM5

MPN: 35904118

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

3.7

Nellie

NelliePerth, WA

Poor quality and broken down too soon

I bought the machine in February 2017. After just 3.5 years the machine broke down. As soon as power turns on, water will flow through the machine without selecting any cycles. I was told this is way out of warranty. I now have to pay $300 to have it fixed because the inlet valve and PCB group both need to be replaced. My LG washing machine has lasted for 13 years without any issue. However Euromaid has such a major break-down only after 3.5 years. I would not recommend this brand.

Purchased in February 2017 for A$498.00.

Rachel A.Euromaid

Hi Nellie, Thank you for reaching out to Euromaid, I am sorry to hear about your experience, can you please send me an email at rachel.anderson@glendimplex.com.au for me to investigate and provide you with assistance as soon as possible

tonyyyy

tonyyyySydney, NSW

failed to drain water right after 2 yrs warranty

bought in Jul 2018 and works well until today. generally use 2-3 times a week. 47wk per yr
Stop drain water, cost me 2 hr to drain all the water manually without wet carpet in apt. the filter is clean.
Can't blame as it works well during the warranty. I will try to get other brand wash machine with a compact dimension.
All the best.

Purchased in July 2018 at binglee for A$450.00.

Rachel A.Euromaid

Hi Tony, Thank you for reaching out to Euromaid, I am sorry to hear about your experience, can you please send me an email at rachel.anderson@glendimplex.com.au for me to investigate and provide you with assistance as soon as possible

lisa

lisaSydney, NSW

design fault makes repairs so expensive

Second machine in 3 years, exactly same problem. Start button stops working after a while, whole top of machine has to be removed to fix. Would not buy again; cost to repair slightly less than a new machine.

Purchased in July 2017 at Bing Lee Online store for A$499.00.

Rachel A.Euromaid

Hi Lisa, Thank you for reaching out to Euromaid, I am sorry to hear about your experience, can you please send me an email at rachel.anderson@glendimplex.com.au for me to investigate and provide you with assistance as soon as possible

Tom

TomGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

• WM5

Great price! Works as intended

Purchased this washing machine a year ago. The console is very user friendly, perfect for a family of 2/3. Very less noise and the clothes come out clean and no damages :). Hardly any maintenance required. Very pleased with this purchase.

Purchased in April 2017 at Appliances Online for A$399.00.

Mitch H.Euromaid

Hi Tom,

thanks for the great review :)

Betty the Builder

Betty the BuilderSydney, NSW

Cheap and Happy

I bought this machine for the granny flat because it was the cheapest front loader. I then bought an 11kg LG for our house because I thought it would do what it advertised - large loads etc. The cheap Euromaid is the clear winner!! Does what it says, spins without any issues, has several options for short cycles but also flawlessly does a hot load of white cottons removing all the dirt.

Purchased in January 2018 at Winning Appliances for A$500.00.

Mitch H.Euromaid

Hi Betty,

thanks for the great review!

Thanks, I wish I just got the bigger Euromaid instead of the LG for upstairs.. it cost $1400 and doesn't do a great job :(

ShoppingBlowsIllawarra, NSW

Be Warned - Before You Buy A Euromaid Make Sure You Can Get It Serviced Locally

Purchased in January 2016 at Appliances Online.

Ruben R.Euromaid

We are sorry to hear of your experience, if you could provide us your contact details via private message we will have someone from our team contact your to assist.

PippaMelbourne

• WM5

Fine for a while, then dangerous

The machine was fine for a while and we liked it. We used it for normal household washing. There were problems initially with the machine seal, which was replaced. Unfortunately later the electrics went as well, and the machine became dangerous, tripping the power to the house. It did the job for a bit but definitely wouldn’t buy the brand again.

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Pippa

I already contacted you and received no response. I also called and was dismissed by the phone rep.

Jules

JulesCairns

Lasted just past warranty. 2yrs 4mths

Purchased Aug 2016. In Dec, 2018 had problems with machine. Start cycle stops after 10secs. Got a repairman in (4mths out warranty) was told electric board faulty, bushes/rubbers worn. Not worth fixing need to replace (cost $90 callout fee). So I did. Research states machine should at least last 6-8yrs. Not Euromaid. Won't be purchasing again due to short life span.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Ruben R.Euromaid

Sorry to hear of your experience Jules, we take our customer feedback seriously and will pass on your comments. Thanks for taking the time to review.

rebekah

rebekahheathcote

Wm5 want to ruin your entire life purchase one of these

I purchased a wm5 and stupidly let the manufacturer attend to the washer flooding after the sensor failed,
they sent a scumbag called cory from home appliances out to the house now I am going bankrupt because they won't give me the damaged washer report so that I can't be compensated by insurance over the flooding damage
they are bad to deal with don't let them in your house

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Ruben R.Euromaid

Hi Rebekah, it is concerning to hear of your experience. We would like to better understand what has happened, we have sent you a private message. Thank you.

Pam

PamMelbourne

Good, but small, washing machine

This little unit works hard. It is a lot smaller than you would expect, so be ready to split loads in half and you should be fine.
You can put this on an express time, which will cut down the overall time significantly.
Had no issues so far and it was a great price.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Ruben R.Euromaid

Thanks for jumping online and leaving a review, Pam! :)

DaisySydney

Front loader no longer works after only having almost 3 years!

My uromaid front loader washing machine won’t finish a cycle! It looks like it’s working for the first 10-15 minutes and then it stops. A “tap icon crossed out” keeps coming up and we have checked the water filter/pumps, cleaned them and it’s still not working it. After the machine stops with the tap icon, I press start again and it’ll start working but then stops again with the tap icon on the machine.
Unfortunately, I don’t have my proof of receipt or warranty anymore.

Please, someone help as I cannot afford to buy a new washing machine right now. My husband is the only one working.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Daisy

It didn’t work at all. It worked halfway and then the “faucet icon” crossed out showed up again and it won’t finish the cycle.

Ruben R.Euromaid

Okay. Can you turn off the tap and remove the inlet hose. Check the hose for blockages and ensure the water inlet is working correctly. Let us know how you go.

Dave a

Was running fine until it broke

The seal around the front so easily ripped and water trickles out of the machine. The replacement part is also so expensive! This never happens with my old Bosch or fisher and Paykel! And there’s no like eco mode on this machine as there was on either of the other models!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Ruben R.Euromaid

Hi Dave, sorry this has happened, we can send you the new part free of charge! :) We have sent you a private message.

Dave a

I received this part thank you very much!

Our pleasure.

Jordan Vo

Jordan VoMelbourne

All good except for the noise

Good wash result. Many available options for different types of clothing. I find the display of remaining time very convenient. Water and energy ratings are moderate but in the end it was good enough given the price it was paid for. The only problem I encounter is the super loud noise it makes.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Ruben R.Euromaid

Hey Jordan, what type of noise? It shouldn't be 'super loud'. Please let us know so we can assist you.

Reliable little machine

I have this machine for three years now and it worked perfectly.
I was concerned that it might be a bit small for a family of three but it is a lot more roomy than you might think. We run it two or three times a week, light, darks and linen with satisfactory result every time.
Love the express setting, saved us on many occasions.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Glad you love it, Sam.

Su!

Su!Victoria

Wonderful Maid

This is the smallest, cutest washing machine EVVVEERRR!
Easy to use, gentle on delicates cycle, and best of all a 14 minute express wash!
We had not the best luck with washing machines, but found solace in this neat option.
Great for busy mum's and dad's, or singles alike! Will not disappoint.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Ruben R.Euromaid

Thanks for the review, Su! :)

Tana

TanaBris Vegas, 4000

Euromaid didnt let down

Purchased in May 2017 for A$400.00.

Hey Tatiana,

Thanks for leaving us a review :)

ThomatbrSydney, NSW

Very long wash times energy needed to clean

Admittedly I only used this machine a few times when I was in a serviced apartment, however comparing this to other machines I've used, I found it very surprising I needed to use a 2.5 hr long wash at 60C to perform cleaning I could do on an equivalent Bosch machine for 46 min and cold water.

I didn't directly compare energy and power consumption specs, but it seems this washer is using a lot of power and many rinse cycles to perform cleaning that is more efficiently done by other machines.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Nat

NatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this machine

Great little machine, cleans and rinses really well, and seems to be gentle on the clothes. It’s a little on the noisey side during spinning, but I find all washers noisy so I don’t think it’s any worse than the Bosch we had. This machine has plenty of cycles of different lengths, eg 15min, 20min, 30min, 45min, 1hr20...it has some longer ones, and any cycle using hot water will take longer as it heats the water itself, but I don’t use those cycles.
Only downside was when I wanted to wash a woollen doona (double size), it wouldn’t fit. We don’t have kids, but if we did we’d go for the next size up.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Ruben R.Euromaid

Hey Nat, thanks for the review! Yes, the WM5 is great for singles and couples. Once you have a little person, the 7kg would be more suitable :)

kerry

kerryCRAIGIEBURN

Makes life easy

I have had this machine for 2 years and have not had a problem with it. It cleans and rinses well and does it in 35 minutes. Its easy to use, easy to clean and runs really well every time. I only use cold water to wash so the one water inlet is not a problem for me at all. I don't find it too be overly loud but do find it to be a reliable machine. Well worth the money.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Ruben R.Euromaid

Happy Monday Kerry. Thanks for the review! :)

Eric

EricWollongong

Cheap, reliable, does the job

The washing machine cleans and rinses well. Lots of different programs for different types of fabric. Suits apartments with 1 to 2 people. No damage to clothes. It's a little loud. My favourite feature is the timer. I set it at night to start the washing cycle in the morning so I can hang them before going to work.

Date PurchasedJan 2011
Ruben R.Euromaid

G'day Eric, happy Friday and thanks for popping online and writing such an informative review!

Annasked

WM5

My euromaid WM 5 is stuck and it doesn’t matter which button I press nothing happens. I have unplugged it and left it all night. I don’t have the cancel option, my button says only stop/pause. The arrow is flashing and nothing I do changes the display.

What do you suggest?

Rachel A.Euromaid

Hi Ann, Thank you for reaching out to Euromaid, Please contact our customer care team on 1800 444 357 with the model number of your appliance and they will be able to assist you further. Alternatively you can email us at customer.care.ha@glendimplex.com.au

Farshid K.asked

WM5

Hi, I wanted to cancel a program. I pressed and held Start/Pause bottom for 3 seconds the play symbol started flashing and never stopped! It flashed for ever even after I turned it off/on a few times and still is flashing so machine stopped working. Can you help me to fix this? Thank you

Rachel A.Euromaid

Hi Farshid, , Thank you for reaching out to Euromaid, Please contact our customer care team on 1800 444 357 with the model number of your appliance and they will be able to assist you further. Alternatively you can email us at customer.care.ha@glendimplex.com.au

Farshid K.

I tried to call this number many times but no one answered after more than 15 mins waiting each time. I also emailed my request but no response yet. Please advise how I can get this fixed!!

Rachel A.Euromaid

Hi Farshid, can you please send me a private message with your mobile number and I will get someone to call you thanks

Karen I.

Karen I.asked

My Euromaid WM5 keeps having water come into machine without pausing

Rachel A.Euromaid

Hi Karen, Thank you for reaching out to Euromaid, Please contact our customer care team on 1800 444 357 with the model number of your appliance and they will be able to assist you further. Alternatively you can email us at customer.care.ha@glendimplex.com.au

Get an answer from our members and Euromaid representatives