Eva Mattress Questions & Answers

Queen, King, Double, etc...

32 questions from our users

Jai

Jaiasked

Eva Mattress

Which is better Eva or Sleeping duck?

I did a lot of research and bought a King size Eva mattress for our existing timber slat base. It doesn't have the re-zonability that Sleeping Duck has, but the Eva is an incredibly comfortable inner spring mattress with cool foam topping. Somehow it's firm yet soft at the same time and I have never slept better. My only caveat is that it is heavy to move. We love our Eva and it's half the price of Sleeping Duck.

Renjie T.
Renjie T.

I second Andrew-Morriset’s opinion. The Eva is “somehow” firm+supportive yet soft+comfy, and half the price of the Sleeping Duck. Sleeping Duck’s customisation isn’t high on my priority for I don’t think I am the “princess and the pea” kind of sensitive sleeper (but am curious to know how others find this aspect of the Sleeping Duck!). Admittedly, I have also considered other very closely-competing mattresses like Sleep Republic, Sherman, Macoda and Naptime, but being on Jobkeeper meant that every multiple of $50 I can save counts... and so it was the Eva when it came to how much I could save while balancing getting the best possible support/comfort/quality for a mattress. Eva’s hefty weight doesn’t bother me - gives me a good reason to maintain my physical strength and mobility! HTH!

John D.

John D.asked

Eva Mattress

Is it ok to leave Eva mattress standing on its side for around 24hrs or will it be damaged?

Strong mattress! Stiff edges when sitting. I don't see any problem storing mattress on side.

Mar S.

Mar S.asked

Eva Mattress

Hi, Can i put this mattress just on the floor? without any bed base?

is there suggestion how to care for it if it's just on the floor?

Chez
Chez

the Eva mattress is about 35cm thick and very firm. It would be fine on the floor if that's comfortable for you. (It would be too low for me). You don't need to flip the mattress as the memory foam is on the top, just rotate it every few months (turn it around so you swap the head end with the foot end.)

James
James

Keeping any mattress on the floor will lead to mould as there is no aeration on the bottom.

SallyS

SallySasked

Eva Mattress

Is it ok to put the Eva mattress on a posture slat bed? The salesperson assured me it was best for all mattresses but I don't want to void the warranty of the mattress.

Yippee
Yippee

I have my mattress on a slat bed , it works great.

Eva M.Eva

Hey Sally :) Unfortunately, posture slats will not work with the Eva mattress. The reason for this is due to the fact that they are slightly curved, and where they meet in the middle, it leaves a valley. The pocket springs in our mattress would sink into this valley and it is likely to lead to sagging in the mattress which we definitely want to avoid! Slats are fine as long as they are flat and solid, this way you'll be able to enjoy the full support that our mattress can provide, and hopefully many deep sleeps along the way! I hope this helps - if there are any other questions please feel free to email our customer support team on hello@eva.com.au

Arjun

Arjunasked

Eva Mattress

What is the firmness scale of the mattress? Some reviews say that the mattress is too soft and I'd prefer a 8/10 firmness. Is this for me?

Review123
Review123

I don't know the firmness scale, I think they identify it as medium hard but we don't find it hard in any way. If you need a firmness scale this high I personally wouldn't recommend this mattress for you. Pick something without an inbuilt topper. This mattress has a memory foam built in soft top and all mattresses that have this will likely be too soft for your needs. I really wish Eva mattress would make their mattresses without this soft top. If you need a really firm mattress then a foam mattress is probably the way to go, otherwise get a mattress with firm pocket spring support and no soft top.

Brian W.
Brian W.

I think the Eva was promoted as having a rating of 7, or thereabouts . I do not find the mattress too soft or too hard. It has a foam top as shown in the promo material and you can feel your body sink in to this layer. But, unlike a full foam mattress protector it does not make it difficult to roll over on to your side . I find the top very supportive and comfortable . This top takes away the "spring" feeling that can be felt in the traditional innerspring models. I would not rate as a 8/10 firmness .

Eva M.Eva

Hi Arjun! Just wanted to jump in here and let you know that our mattress is a medium-firm, rated roughly a 7/10. Keep in mind that mattresses are very personal, what suits one person may not suit another! You know your body best, and our 120-night trial will allow you to try the mattress in the comfort of your own home to make sure it's a good fit :) If there are any further questions please feel free to email our team on hello@eva.com.au - we're always more than happy to help!
- Kaya

Cindy T.

Cindy T.asked

Eva Mattress

HI I am looking at purchasing another of the same mattress and was wondering if the one listed below only has one firmness ONLY as I can not find tag on firmness on the one I have. it is not leeti9ng me add a photo..... the pattern on it is black/greyish dot patters

Giselle Bedding Euro Top Mattress - Queen
Pamper you and your partner with Giselle Bedding's Premier Series Euro top mattress that will give you a soothing sleep night after night. Incorporating the cutting-edge technology, the lavish construction addresses all elements that will offer you a comfortable and luxurious experience - Euro top padding with high density foam and independent coil system - made to provide you with an undisturbed sleep all night long.

Features
* Medium firmness
* Hypo - allergic material
* Luxury knitted jacquard fabric
* Side handles for positioning
* Vacuum packaging: Item will expand to its normal shape within 1 day after unpacKing.

Specifications
* Dimension: 203 x 153 x 31cm

Package Contents
1 x Euro Top Mattress

Eva M.Eva

Hi Cindy - it doesn't sound like you're referring to the Eva mattress here in your description! However, if there is anything we can help with just let us know :)

POPPEYE

POPPEYEasked

Single

Are the sides firm as im a invalid vietnam veteran. i need a firm side for getting out of bed

Eva M.Eva

Hi there :) The springs around the perimetre of the mattress are made with a thicker diametre of wire, we have done this to provide the best edge support that we can for our customers.

Sadly there is no mattress in a box that will offer the same edge support as a mattress that does is not compressed at all. However, I can confirm that we do not receive much negative feedback at all regarding our edge support. If you are looking for a mattress with extremely firm edge support, I'm afraid it may be hard to find this type of support from any mattress in a box company.

Of course, this is why we provide our customers with the 120-night trial. It will allow you to try the mattress for yourself, in the comfort of your home, to make sure it will be the right fit.

I hope this helps! If you would like to chat with us further, please feel free to flick our team an email at hello@eva.com.au :)
- Kaya

POPPEYE

POPPEYEasked

Christine
Christine

Yes, the sides are firm. The mattress keeps its shape and the memory foam is so comfortable.

TIM
TIM

Yes sides are firm and it holds its shape so definitely allows you to use sides, they don't collapse

Stella

Stellaasked

Hi Eva team,

Looking at your bed frame, the way it appears is that the slats would never move in terms of being flexible when you move, is this correct? For example like a solid wood flat base as opposed to slats that move with you and are flexible with your movement?

Thanks!!!

Eva M.Eva

Hi Stella :) The bed base is designed with firm and solid slats, they are not flexi-slats. Solid slats tend to provide better support for a mattress like ours, i.e. a pocket spring mattress. Flexi slats are not suitable for the pocket springs in our mattress as they do not provide adequate support and we have found this often leads to sagging in the mattress over time.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions at all, please feel free to flick us an email :)
- Kaya (hello@eva.com.au)

Irene

Ireneasked

Eva Mattress

Will be purchasing a king size Eva mattress tonight. But it sounds like it’s quite thick (HIGH) Being 32cm will regular king sheets fit over it?

Eva M.Eva

Hi there! Standard fitted sheets in Australia are usually made to be 40cm deep, and these will comfortably fit over the Eva mattress. However, it is always best to check the dimensions of your bedding with the brand directly, just to make sure. Some brands make their fitted sheets slightly shallower at around 30-35cm and this measurement will be very snug on the Eva. I hope this helps! Feel free to email our team if there are any further questions at all hello@eva.com.au

Ana

Anaasked

Eva Mattress

Thinking of purchasing a queen mattress, I’ve been told that the Mattress is high than a normal mattress, will the queen size sheets still fit properly?

Debbie
Debbie

The Eva mattress is 32 cm high, which depending on what brand of mattress you buy is either the same or half as high again. My queen sheets fit my new Eva mattress quite well.

Eva M.Eva

Hey Ana! You'll just need to check the dimensions of your bedding with the brand, you'll want the fitted sheet to be at least 40cm deep to fit comfortably over the mattress :)

Liz M.

Liz M.asked

Queen

I live alone. Will I be able to set it up by myself?

You Need to Know
You Need to Know

get someone to deliver to the room it will be set up in. the rest is incredibly easy, It comes rolled up in a box. you just take the cardboard off, put a slit in the plastic and it blows up like an opened vacuum sealed bag - it's actually fun to watch.

Hi Liz,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

It is definitely possible to set up the mattress on your own. We include some handy instructions that you will be able to follow closely, and if you encounter any issues, our customer support team is always here to help.

Best way to contact us is through email or phone - hello@evamattress.com.au / 03 8820 4034. Our team is available to help you Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.

Kate1993asked

Eva Mattress

I've always been a soft mattress person, has anyone bought this mattress that usually has a soft mattress

Nerissa C
Nerissa C

This mattress would kill you, if you like a soft mattress. We are 2 weeks in and we’ve gone from a firm inner spring (with a pillow top) to the Eva and both of us are finding it too hard. I didn’t think there was a bed in the world that my husband would find too hard. He has no issues with the rock-like mattresses in Thai hotels!

Kate1993

I ended up buying this mattress too, we contacted Eva within a couple of weeks complaining it was too firm and they sent us a free pillow top, it really helped. Now our mattress is a few months old we have taken the pillow top off because it has softened and is super comfy

Jo Hansch

Jo Hanschasked

Eva Mattress

does eva have a removable cover

Hi Jo,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The Eva does not have a removable cover. To help keep your mattress in great condition, you can always use a mattress protector!

Mattress protectors are great for protecting the mattress (from stains, dirt etc), but there's also claims that using one protects the health of the sleeper, as you're able to keep dust mites at bay, which is especially helpful if you experience bad allergies.

We don't have any recommendations on mattress protectors, we just leave it up to your personal preference. Having said that, a protector made of natural materials will allow for air flow through your mattress which is important to let body heat and moisture escape.

Please let our team know if there are any further questions or concerns :)

Rasuna M.
Rasuna M.

Hi Team,

My partner has arthritis was wondering if this is suitable for him ? is the mattress too soft as i saw few reviews says so.

R,

Emma G

Emma Gasked

Eva Mattress

Is the mattress suitable for an adjustable base?

Hey Emma,

We do not recommend using your Eva on an adjustable bed base because our mattress is a hybrid of memory foam and pocket springs which can be damaged by placing the frame in a sharp angled position. If you are going to use your Eva on an adjustable bed base, you will need to ensure that both the bed base and mattress are kept completely flat at all times.

I hope this is helpful!

Barb M

Barb Masked

Eva Mattress

does the Eva Mattress have a cover?

David T
David T

Not detachable but if memory serves dust mite proof and anti -bacterial. Don't flip them just rotate

Hi Barb,

David is correct (thanks David!). The Eva mattress does not have a removable cover. Having memory foam and natural latex materials in our mattress makes for an inhospitable environment for dust mites, meaning you can sleep easy :)

You can also use a mattress protector, to help keep things nice and fresh! We tend to recommend any mattress protector made from natural fibres, to ensure that breathability will not be compromised and you will stay nice and cool!

Please let our team know if there are any further questions that we might be able to help with!

Colin Hayes

Colin Hayesasked

Eva Mattress

is the mattress athritis friendly

Colin Hayes

Colin Hayesasked

Queen

Is it suitable for bad backs

Nicole Johnson
Nicole Johnson

Yes. I have a bad back and love our new eva mattress.

Skh

Skhasked

Eva Mattress

I live in townhouse so my bedroom os on first floor. I know mattress comes in box so problem taking up but can It bend/roll a bit after unboxing?
Asking this because I am renting so I have to move out after 1-2 yr.

Shaun
Shaun

Get a Koala or Ecosa. Much better

Jim W.
Jim W.

Hav u tried Koala or Ecosa before? How would u compare the firmness level to Eva? Thnks

Troyp

Troypasked

King

Why did you steal our details and then only sell 3 beds to fake people

Get an answer from our members and Eva representatives