Eva Mattress

Queen, King, Double, etc...

Mattress Buying Guide

Read now

clav821

clav821Gippsland, VIC

Did a lot of research, sadly bought the wrong mattress

Wanted a firm mattress with good back support. Spent a lot of time reading reviews and decided, the Eva was the one. By the time the trail period was up, I was a bit undecided on return, so wish I had now. The mattress sags that much, that I wake up with excrushiating pain and thumping headache from my head being angled up so much. I've always slept with two on previous mattresses, now its one or none. I had to rotate the mattress every couple of nights to help eleviate. Too top it off it cost me $25 to dump at the tip.

Purchased for A$1,000.00.

Perceived FirmnessVery Soft
Disappointed sleeper

Disappointed sleeperCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Doesn't last - slumps - warning. Will be good when you get it, but not for long.

Purchased in July 2020.

Athira

Athira

bad for side sleepers!

To be fair, it is really soft and comfortable and my husband loves it but as a person who sleeps on their side and has neck and shoulder issues, I wouldn't recommend this mattress. No issues with delivery or customer support.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$700.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

Hans

HansPerth, WA

Don't buy piece of crap update

Purchased in December 2018 for A$750.00.

Shaun

ShaunSydney, NSW

Useless

Eva advertises a sale and didnt honour it. Check their Facebook page to see all the people they have let down.
If their mattresses are half as good as their scams then they must be amazing.
They dont answer phone calls, emails or Facebook messages.
Avoid like the plague

Purchased in November 2019 for A$1,000.00.

Perceived FirmnessVery Soft
Jagga Jasoos

Jagga JasoosSydney, NSW

Scam Artists

Eva did a $1 zip frenzy sale with limited stock of total 3 mattresses. No, not 3 different sizes but only 3 mattresses, 1 each of single, double and queen size. There are only 3 mattresses but the sale is 24 hours long. This is a bait and switch style of marketing which is illegal. Funny thing is that they knew it all along but still are focussed on deleting comments and replies rather than addressing the issue.

For EVA,
limited stock is 3 mattresses.
A Sale is a lottery.
Customers are stupid idiots.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$1.00.

Perceived FirmnessVery Hard

offers sales and doesn't follow through

poor company offers sales then doesn't follow through then tries to sell at a different rate . Then they bombard you with email adds . they offer discounts to get you on thier mailing list the dont give the discount. they also delete bad reviews off the facebook page

Purchased in November 2019 for A$2,000.00.

Perceived FirmnessVery Hard
Sasha C.

Sasha C.Sydney, NSW

Value for money

It's nice and firm, even though it has a topper I found I had to buy a removal topper to give a little more cloud like feel. I do find you need to turn the mattress even though it says it's no turn. But in reflection best value for money. And I especially like how Eva supports the homeless one of the reasons why i bought the mattress.

Purchased at Eva Mattress for A$750.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
Perceived FirmnessHard

Mia Singh

Mia SinghGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing!

Purchased in September 2018 for A$650.00.

Julian Florez

Julian FlorezGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A good Matress

Before I bought the mattress I did good research of the multiple options in the market. EVA was the best option based on price and customers reviews. The mattress is comfortable and supportive. I was expecting the mattress to be a bit more supportive, but that is because I prefer a hard mattress rather than the soft ones. Regarding the durability and shape still a bit soft on the edges and not providing good support when you sitting there. Overall is a good product and I would recommend it.

Purchased in September 2018.

Heathet Wearne

Heathet WearneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Soooo comfortable , but heavy

I still find my Eva mattress super comfy after a year and am sleeping more soundly than on my old mattress. It is heavy though, so it is a struggle to change the sheets and to turn, so it is developing a slight body shaped pit

Purchased in June 2018.

Anastasia Isaeva

Anastasia IsaevaSydney, NSW

• King

It's sagging after couple week of use.

After sleeping on this matrass my back pain is back. Low back, neck, headache in the morning... Not for me, though my partner is also complaining about crucial neck pain. Returning it back.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$900.00.

Hi Anatasia,
Sorry to hear the Eva wasn't quite right for you!
I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our 120-night trial though. We hope you are sleeping soundly now :)

Review collected in partnership with Eva

, it says that it cools downi wake up half the nights sweating on this mattress.

I bought this about 9 months ago and not really happy with it , it says that it cools down but i wake up half the nights sweating on this mattress.

Purchased in February 2019 at Eva for A$900.00.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side

Mitchell C.

Mitchell C.South East Queensland, QLD

Not the best

After a month or so it starts to dip in the middle maybe I got a dud! First month was great but after that it progressively got worse and now I have to rotate it weekly to get a half decent sleep. I have heard great reviews which leads me to believe that either they are false or I got the unlucky bad mattress in the batch, i weigh roughly between 74-80kgs and have weighed that for the past few years and am of an average height, around 6ft so that should be an issue for a queen bed but it seems that it has become one

Purchased in November 2018 at Mattress & Pillow Science Online store for A$800.00.

Paul Stefaniak

Paul StefaniakNortheast, VIC

Sagged after 6 months

I purchased a ‘firm’ mattress as I have a back issue. At first it felt reasonably supportive but after 6 months it has sagged and is very uncomfortable, don’t buy!

Purchased in December 2018 at Eva for A$900.00.

Adjustment PeriodMonths

Stella A.

Stella A.Sydney

Hohum

Our mattress started out great and really was the most comfortable mattress I had slept on. Unfortunately now after a year the mattress is sagging and is not as firm or as comfortable. I expected it to last ~a lot~ longer. I’m back to the physio and my back pain has returned and I find it harder to get comfortable and fall asleep. Also it’s a pain to make the bed as the mattress is so heavy, not to mention very difficult to carry when moving house (twice!).

Purchased in July 2018.

Hi Jessica,
So nice to chat with you over the phone before.
I've sent you through an email as promised, so I look forward to hearing back :) Have a great day!

Rob Denne

Rob DenneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Always sleep well

Very supportive. No roll together. Have used a bamboo matress topper for a bit more softness. Needs carry straps on sides for transport. Only some slight sagging become apparent in recent weeks.

Purchased in September 2018.

Its ok

Retains heat too easily so not the best option for summer. After a year can see some sagging from where im usually on the mattress so assume its probably got a life of 3 to 5 years before theres a permant human shape sag.

Purchased in August 2018.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

Over-rated

I'm finding the mattress too firm and uncomfortable for sleeping on my side.
Despite rotating the mattress regularly, a divot develops quickly, and makes sleeping difficult. Going back to old mattress.

Purchased for A$1,000.00.

Perceived FirmnessHard
Bec Richardson

Bec RichardsonCentral Queensland, QLD

• King

Was great to start with but now we're in pain.

The mattress was awesome and supportive for the first 3 months... not long after the 100 day money back guarantee it started sagging leaving divots, now our backs are in pain each morning. It was amazing to start with but now it's ended up being worse than our old mattress. Very disappointed.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$900.00.

Hi Bec,
Thanks for reaching out! A member of our customer support team got in touch with you via email last week. We'd love to hear back so we can help you out!

Jai

Jaiasked

Eva Mattress

Which is better Eva or Sleeping duck?

I did a lot of research and bought a King size Eva mattress for our existing timber slat base. It doesn't have the re-zonability that Sleeping Duck has, but the Eva is an incredibly comfortable inner spring mattress with cool foam topping. Somehow it's firm yet soft at the same time and I have never slept better. My only caveat is that it is heavy to move. We love our Eva and it's half the price of Sleeping Duck.

Renjie T.
Renjie T.

I second Andrew-Morriset’s opinion. The Eva is “somehow” firm+supportive yet soft+comfy, and half the price of the Sleeping Duck. Sleeping Duck’s customisation isn’t high on my priority for I don’t think I am the “princess and the pea” kind of sensitive sleeper (but am curious to know how others find this aspect of the Sleeping Duck!). Admittedly, I have also considered other very closely-competing mattresses like Sleep Republic, Sherman, Macoda and Naptime, but being on Jobkeeper meant that every multiple of $50 I can save counts... and so it was the Eva when it came to how much I could save while balancing getting the best possible support/comfort/quality for a mattress. Eva’s hefty weight doesn’t bother me - gives me a good reason to maintain my physical strength and mobility! HTH!

John D.

John D.asked

Eva Mattress

Is it ok to leave Eva mattress standing on its side for around 24hrs or will it be damaged?

Geoffrey Cleverdon
Geoffrey Cleverdon

Strong mattress! Stiff edges when sitting. I don't see any problem storing mattress on side.

Mar S.

Mar S.asked

Eva Mattress

Hi, Can i put this mattress just on the floor? without any bed base?

is there suggestion how to care for it if it's just on the floor?

Chez
Chez

the Eva mattress is about 35cm thick and very firm. It would be fine on the floor if that's comfortable for you. (It would be too low for me). You don't need to flip the mattress as the memory foam is on the top, just rotate it every few months (turn it around so you swap the head end with the foot end.)

James
James

Keeping any mattress on the floor will lead to mould as there is no aeration on the bottom.

Get an answer from our members and Eva representatives

Compare all 5 Eva Mattress
CategoryMattressesMattressesMattressesMattresses
Price (RRP) A$600.00A$800.00A$900.00A$1,000.00
Type Pocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket Spring
FirmnessMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium Firm
SizeSingleDoubleQueenKing
Thickness32 cm32 cm32 cm32 cm
Country of ManufactureChinaChinaChinaChina
Manufacturer Warranty12 year(s)12 year(s)12 year(s)12 year(s)
Compare all 5 Eva Mattress