Evakool 40L Drawer Fridge/Freezer DC40-DRW

3.3

David Cauchi

David CauchiPerth, WA

Terrible after sale service

I have a 40lt draw fridge. The draw runner failed with a fridge full of food inside. This damaged the tub, runner and my door. Evakool replaced the tub and the runner but wouldn’t replace the door. They said I damaged it and didn’t want to know me.

They did sell did my money though $140 dollars for a second hand door and $50 for postage, then when startrack lost it Evakool didn’t want to know about it.

They would have to be one of the worst companies to deal with. Don’t answer the phone and when they do the receptionist is rude and not helpful.

Regret going anywhere near a Evakool fridge.

Purchased in June 2020 at My Generator for $799.00.

Evakool 40lt draw fridges

Purchased in May 2017.

Evakool I.EvaKool

Unreal! Thanks for the review Glen.

See all Evakool 40L Drawer Fridge/Freezer DC40-DRW reviews

Raymond N.asked

Why does my EVAKOOL DC40 fail and throw a code when the ambient heat in my Canopy is high , My MT40 Engel that sits 300mm away in the same canopy has no drama what so ever ? It throws a code where it flashes 4 time's in succession. When I googled the flashes meaning it says that the ambient temp is too high or there is a faulty fan??
Does the internal fan run on the same thermostat as the compressor or separate to the compressor.

Not real happy with my purchase ATM.

Alexhome007

The fan runs When the compressor runs. It must be hot in your canopy?
I have arb canopy and never had this problem. Some fridges will handle very high heat more than others, some probably never cut out. Just run continuously.
Maybe call the company and ask.?
Cheers

Raymond N.

Yeah the canopy was open with all the doors up and in the shade, does yours struggle in the heat ? I am an Engel man through and through but though I would give this Dc40 a try as everyone said good things about them . So the Fan should be on 100% of the same time as the compressor ?

Hi Raymond,

If you've got an issue with the fan in your fridge or the vents around the compressor/motor area are obstructed, this can lead to issues when the ambient temperature gets too high.

Please email warranty@evakool.com for assistance.

Kind Regards,

Warren Dasked

Why have they gone from 650 to over a $1000 ?

Hi Warren.

The RRP of our old model was $899. Occasionally, some retailers would put this item on promotion for $650 however this was not the retail price. This model was discontinued around March 2020 while we made some upgrades and improvements and we released our new model draw fridge in August 2020 with an RRP of $1099. Our new model comes with a Secop compressor and a longer warranty, as well as minor internal upgrades to the display panel, addition of interior LED light, basket divider and lids (highly requested by customers) and longer drawer runners.

Kind Regards,

Warren D

Thank you for the reply, will be getting one shortly, great to support an Aussie company.

Warren D

And good that you listen to your customers.

Scott

Scottasked

where did u pay $650 for it ??

Alexhome007

Tentworld online. When they first came out they were $550.! I just missed that sale and paid $650. This model is better than mine, draw rolls out more distance and fan is more protected at the back.

See all Evakool 40L Drawer Fridge/Freezer DC40-DRW questions

Get an answer from our members and EvaKool representatives

CategoryPortable Fridges / Freezers
Type Drawer Fridge
Capacity40L
Can Capacity48 Cans
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter)
FeaturesDigital Display Panel