EvaKool Ridge Ryder DC42

EvaKool Ridge Ryder DC42

See the Best Portable Fridges / Freezers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

kakol j.

kakol j.Goldfields, WA

ridge ryder 42l fridge

hey guys have only had my 42l ridge ryder fridge for 9 days,i bought it on speacial from supercheap auto for just under $600,which is a good price for a compressor fridge.tho so far ive notice a temp diffrence from the fridge display and my digital temp monitor it is about 5 degree out tho it may be the placement of the wireless monitor so ill continue looking into this one!...also the fans pretty noisy,deffinetty not quiet .one other thing it draws 4.5-5 amps on my meter which seems high...so far its keeping my beers cold but time will tell..cheers..

Purchased in April 2019 at Supercheap Auto for $589.00.

EvaKool
Evakool I.EvaKool

Hi, Thank you for contacting EvaKool. Please can you email us at the office so that we can assist you further. The email address is warranty@evakool.com.
Kind regards, Tracey - EvaKool Warranty and After Sales Manager

Carol C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible product

Purchased in December 2016 at Supercheap Auto.

EvaKool
Evakool I.EvaKool
Carol C.

I would like to thank Evakool and especially Tracey who has been in constant contact with me. She has had the unit inspected and hopefully any fault will be repaired. I think both Evakool and Tracey deserve 5 stars for their service.

Andy

Andy

EvaKool Ridge Ryder 42l problem

Had an EvaKool Ridge Ryder 42l for about 3 yrs the last year I have been using it as a freezer @-18.
Today it wouldn't start and 3 flashes on the fault light.
A pressure differential problem.
But it ran fine on Turbo mode.
There was about 10mm of ice on the plate so I decided to defrost it.
That seems to have fixed the problem and is working fine now.
Just thought I'd share might save someone some dramas
Cheers

Purchased in January 2016 for $499.00.

Happy with it.

Was happy with Fridge. I thought it was very good value for money and worked well. But now it doesn’t get cold anymore, at all.. 12 volt or 240 volt.
I bought it in September 2015. So its 5 months out of warranty and it has stopped working. A real shame.

* UPDATE
I sent the fridge back to Evacool. They repaired the fridge and sent it back free of charge. It’s a shame it played up but I do have to give them credit they fixed it for free even though warranty had run out.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

42L Ridge Ryder by Evakool Platinum fridge/freezer.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Mat

Still working good but only used a handful of times since last review

Mat

mainly deep cycle batt use

davew

Effective and affordable car fridge freezer.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
davew

This is the Ridge Ryder 42 litre portable fridge / freezer.

Ryan H

Ryan Hasked

Hi one of the walls seems to have stopped cooling. Any ideas?

Mat

I think you’ll find only one side has elements which frost up at the top section and u hadn’t noticed before is all that is. Being summer you’ll have to adjust the temp to around-4 / -6 but test it ain’t freezing stuff in the rack over a 24hr period and adjust to suit. Good luck

Robyn S

Robyn Sasked

We have just bought a 22 litre. When I adjust the temperature the blue bars don't change. Are they supposed to? It is difficult to tell the temperature. Any advice would be great. thanks.

Boydasked

My DC42 won't work on the 12 volt side of things. Works well through a 300 watt inverter . Is there a part that I can replace to rectify this?

Fuse in 12v plug lead may be blown

Boyd

s for a reply , The cigarette lighter plug on the original plug lead has from the start been replaced with anderson plugs,simply ciggi plugs don't do the job. The 12v side of electrics has checked out "dead". Is there a module or replacement board that can rectify situation.

davew

I would be getting in touch with Evakool Boyd. I think they still have a tech support number. Cheers - Dave

Get an answer from our members and EvaKool representatives