EvaKool Ridge Ryder DC42

4.5

kakol j.

kakol j.Goldfields, WA

ridge ryder 42l fridge

hey guys have only had my 42l ridge ryder fridge for 9 days,i bought it on speacial from supercheap auto for just under $600,which is a good price for a compressor fridge.tho so far ive notice a temp diffrence from the fridge display and my digital temp monitor it is about 5 degree out tho it may be the placement of the wireless monitor so ill continue looking into this one!...also the fans pretty noisy,deffinetty not quiet .one other thing it draws 4.5-5 amps on my meter which seems high...so far its keeping my beers cold but time will tell..cheers..

Purchased in April 2019 at Supercheap Auto for A$589.00.

Evakool I.EvaKool

Hi, Thank you for contacting EvaKool. Please can you email us at the office so that we can assist you further. The email address is warranty@evakool.com.
Kind regards, Tracey - EvaKool Warranty and After Sales Manager

Carol C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible product

Purchased in December 2016 at Supercheap Auto.

Carol C.

I would like to thank Evakool and especially Tracey who has been in constant contact with me. She has had the unit inspected and hopefully any fault will be repaired. I think both Evakool and Tracey deserve 5 stars for their service.

EvaKool Ridge Ryder 42l problem

Had an EvaKool Ridge Ryder 42l for about 3 yrs the last year I have been using it as a freezer @-18.
Today it wouldn't start and 3 flashes on the fault light.
A pressure differential problem.
But it ran fine on Turbo mode.
There was about 10mm of ice on the plate so I decided to defrost it.
That seems to have fixed the problem and is working fine now.
Just thought I'd share might save someone some dramas
Cheers

Purchased in January 2016 for A$499.00.

Portable Fridges / Freezers

Find out how EvaKool Ridge Ryder DC42 compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

Happy with it.

Was happy with Fridge. I thought it was very good value for money and worked well. But now it doesn’t get cold anymore, at all.. 12 volt or 240 volt.
I bought it in September 2015. So its 5 months out of warranty and it has stopped working. A real shame.

* UPDATE
I sent the fridge back to Evacool. They repaired the fridge and sent it back free of charge. It’s a shame it played up but I do have to give them credit they fixed it for free even though warranty had run out.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

42L Ridge Ryder by Evakool Platinum fridge/freezer.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Mat

Still working good but only used a handful of times since last review

Mat

mainly deep cycle batt use

davew

Effective and affordable car fridge freezer.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
davew

This is the Ridge Ryder 42 litre portable fridge / freezer.

Jared P.

Jared P.asked

Hi guys, I have had this fridge for a while now and it has served me very well on camping trips but now it's stopped working. All the lights are on but the fridge doesn't get cold at all. Anybody else had this problem and know of a solution? Seems such a waste to just scrap it.

Hi Jared
Ive owned one for a number of years
Just before the warranty ended I had that problem
I sent it back
They said it just needed a flush and a clean
But count the flashes if the indicator light is blinking it should be a fault code if you google it
If they are on the deck they suck in a lot of crap that block the cooling fins
Hope it helps
Cheers

Shane

Shaneasked

Have a DC146 L upright fridge/Freezer was working fine but now only freezer works.

Ryan D.

Ryan D.asked

Does anybody know the refrigeration charge in a 42ltr fridge

Hi Ryan, the charge is 50gms. Kind regards, Tracey- EvaKool Warranty Manager

Get an answer from our members and EvaKool representatives