EvaKool Fibreglass RF47

See the Best Portable Fridges / Freezers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

I have an EvaKool RF47 fitted to my Drifta Offroad Tourer camper trailer. Overall I find it to be a great fridge/freezer. I had previously owned and used an ARB 47 litre fridge which was good, but not great. There are a number of features that make me love this product.
1. it's got square walls. The ARB might be great for many beer cans, but it really doesnt work well as a family fridge, the "fridge" section is not well designed and would often leave the vegetables icey and the meat in the freezer section would be defrosting. The removable cage/baskets fit perfectly with the perspex lid on the freezer so that you don't have everything getting warm just to get the butter. A+ design
2. efficiency. Having owned the ARB for about 3 years and used it on many outback trips, it was good but not great. Apart from the bad internal design the fridge used to drain the battery much more to get down to temperature and stay there. On those icy outback mornings with the heater in the car it would chew through the auxiliary battery.. not so on the EvaKool its design seems to mean it loses much less cooling compared to the ARB.

`Evakool RF47

We bought the RF47 fridge freezer a few months ago. we have given it a good work out as a freezer at -10 and so far we are very impressed, the low amp draw on the car battery is a big winner and is the 5 y warranty Australia wide.