EvaKool Fibreglass RF60

EvaKool Fibreglass RF60

MPN: RFE60-FF

See the Best Portable Fridges / Freezers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ian R

Ian R

Best product ever.

Has run nonstop for approx 12 years. Only minor issue 12years later was having to replace latches. Eva Kool shipped replacement same day.
Unit lives in the back of a 4x4 in the north of South Australia. Still holds -20°c without fail.
Australian made at its best.
If this fridge ever dies it will be replaced with another Everkool!

Date PurchasedApr 2006

Roaming Aus

Roaming AusPort Macquarie

Love it

Had my rf60 for four years now and dragged it half away around the country, hasn’t missed a beat and it’s energy useage is outstanding as it uses much less power then our other big named fridge we also have. Would definitely buy another evakool again and would recommend to others

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Absolutely faultless

I’ve had my RF60 for 18 years now. Been to WA, SA multiple times, extended trips Cape York twice, across the top and 5 months in Darwin. I teach canoe and kayaking and use the fridge every second weekend, all school Holliday’s and often during the week. Fridge has never been out of the car since I purchased it and has never failed.

Date PurchasedSep 1999

Great Fridge, shocking Customer Service!!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Love them

I've had the RF47 for 7yrs one thermostat was replaced free of charge and just out of warantee too , 3ys ago I purchased an RF60 also for extended trips to Fraser Is. Both work very well keeps food and beer cold.I have a mate who takes a Waeco , the evakool's cycle on less often which I put down to being fiberglass rather than a poly/plastic case .

Date PurchasedJun 2000

Unsatisfactory Warranty - Post Sales Service

Terrible after sales service

After less than a years use the fridge wouldn't hold temperature (it was a faulty thermostat or compressor). We couldn't establish whether it was the power source or the fridge. Evakool would only inspect the fridge at their premises leaving me liable for shipping costs etc. They could of easily inspected the fridge at my home.

Absolutley Awsome Fridge

ori04Toowoomba

EvaKool RF60

EvaKool RF60

I Bought the EvaKool RF60 3 years ago and is still going strong, its easy to clean & i love the option of fridge or freezer or both. being 50mm fiber glass IMO it has much better insulating properties then other fridges out there.
I also love that its 100% Australian owned, lets support out Australian economy
Cheers Andrew

Excellent fridge!

Evakool 60L Fridge Freezer - Excellent fridge! Bought it just over a year ago and hasn't missed a beat. Worked in some severe temperatures. Great service from the warranty department too. Had a fault with the 240V power pack and they swapped it over with no dramas. Would recommend the fridge and the company anytime!

Alan46

Alan46asked

Why does the fridge basket have tappered sides you lose so much space with these baskets?

Msmith

Msmithasked

Has anyone had issues with lack of power through 12v lead to fridge. Even when starionary the lead seems to be hit and miss with nothing touching it. Currently have tem taped together with duck tape, still turning itself off, or rather not getting power through intermittently. Has anyone the same issues and how did you fix it?

Cameron Jones
Cameron Jones

The metal pins in the plugs can get knocked loose. I bypassed one of mine years ago and had forgotten I’d done it. All good since.

iain

iainasked

if you put your evakool in fridge/freezer mode @ say -15 , how do you know what temp the fridge section will be?

Ray L
Ray L

First of all I would not recommend that you run your fridge/freezer at -15. To answer question at -15 you could almost be sure that what you put in your fridge will freeze. If you must run your freezer so cold block off all the holes in the divider and buy a wireless fridge thermometer that way you can monitor your fridge temperature.

Hi Iain,

I have a wired lcd thermometer that I fitted myself and mounted on the compressor cover to monitor temps. A wireless thermometer will do the same, with the advantage of being able to be mounted in the cabin of the vehicle so temps can be checked on the run. When I run the fridge as a dual zone using 240 volts, I set the thermostat dial to 7 with the Normal/Economy switch on Normal which gives a freezer temperature around -10 to -12 degrees celcius and the fridge section cools to around +3-+5 degrees on average. I put my beer and meat closest to the divider and vegies at the other end. I raise or lower the divider a couple of millimeters to regulate the fridge section temperaturer rather than adjusting the dial. If I'm running off battery and solar, I increase the freezer section temperature to around -5 degrees to reduce power consumption which translates to around 5 on the dial and the switch on economy.

Get an answer from our members and EvaKool representatives