Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FURNACE

MPNs: HBG3G, HBG3M, HBG3O and HBG3S

25 questions from our users

JoJo

JoJoasked

We just received our BBQ, the left hand burner only lights 3/4 of the way around the burners and the flame seems low - what can we do to fix it? Thank you

Pierre
Pierre

Hi, not an area of expertise from me, but I have noticed that sometimes our end burners take a while to completely ignite and the burner needs to be on full gas to achieve that (turned half way). If its happening brand new, I'd suggest ringing the retailer re a changeover, but first check the gas bottle is full as low gas pressure may be causing a problem.
PS I just went out and tried ours and it's doing the same. It's been running just on the first quarter for two minutes now, but if I blow on it, the entire burner lights. Now three minutes and our bottle is half full. It looks like the first quarter is designed to ignite immediately followed by the rest soon after, but you are right; ours is playing up too. Can't really help beyond that!

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Good afternoon Jojo , please call our customer service desk on 1300 739 033 and one of our technicians will be happy to chat with you about your Furnace, Thanks the team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

Jackie R.asked

Help is there a video on how to install Heston’s furnace bbq we are a bit useless?

Lea Andrews
Lea Andrews

Take it back to the shop and get a refund ! That should help you

Great help thanks

Everdure A.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi Jackie, yes on our website we have our videos now categorised by product, if you click the "Getting started/assembly" tab on this link, the assembly video for the FURNACE can be viewed through there: https://www.everdurebyheston.com.au/videos/videos_details/furnace

Dennis W.

Dennis W.asked

Hi I've had the Furnace 4 burner for a year now and I can't seem to get the hot plate hot enough to.sear a good steak. I can get the ambient temperature up to 250 - 300 degrees but once I open the lid it seems all is lost. Can you advise if there is anyway to rectify?

Hi Dennis,

If you are using the FURNACE primarily for open hood searing, we would recommend to configure the plates to have 3 x open grill plates - please email us at info@everdurebyheston.com.au to discuss this further.

After you have preheated the unit with all burners on high, if you find you are losing heat periodically close the lid throughout the cook if required.

norcalmod

norcalmodasked

after a while holding in the heat, how is the color of the orange one holding up? i could imagine it getting discolored over time (what material is it? enable or powered coating?)

Hi There,

The FURNACE hood is constructed from aluminium with UV protected paint.

TimS
TimS

Mine is outside is some very serious UV here in NZ. NO deterioration i can see at all.

3084_melb

3084_melbasked

I've just purchased the Furnace and would call myself a bbq expert so I have a few basic questions
1) Any tips when assembling the BBQ
2) Do the grills need to be seasoned or anything like that before use ?
3) Once used do I need to have a light rub of non sodium based oil on the grill ? If so is it both sides or just the cooking side ?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your question - you'll find a full assembly guide comes with the product, if you had any questions or issues that weren't covered in this, please feel free to email the team at info@everdurebyheston.com.au

Yes, we recommend the grills are lightly seasoned on the cooking side with canola/vegetable oil before and after use.

JOEY 在.

JOEY 在.asked

How CAN I CLEAN IT!
TOO MANY SCREWS! NO GUIDE!

Hi Joey,

You shouldn't need to unscrew any components to clean after use - the 2nd half of this video will take you through how to clean the FURNACE.

Please copy and paste into browser (cleaning from 0.29):

Richard

Richardasked

Hi. We have haf the furnace for about 6 months. It works great as an oven with the hood down. But we cant get a strong enough heat under the plate or ibdeed tepinaki plate we bought to do proper searing or normal bbq ing with the hood up. Frying an egg is even a challenge on thr plate with a lack of and inconsistent heat. It feels like the flames never come through significantly more when turned to "high".

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Good afternoon Richard, so that we can assist with your enquiry could you please contact our customer service desk on 1300 739 033 and one of our friendly team will help you out.
Thanks the team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

Caro

Hi Richard, I found similar problems with not achieving a hot enough BBQ. I now use two open plates and just one full plate (being the tepinyaki plate) and thinks it's a bit better. I also heat the unit up with the hood down for some time before I start cooking and this seems to help.

Steve

Steveasked

If I buy a furnace BBQ, is the cover included or is an extra.

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Good afternoon Steve, thanks for your enquiry ,the cover for the Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Furnace is an optional extra and available from your retailer at time of purchase , or we also have an online store. If we can assist further please contact our customer service team on 1300 739 033.
The team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

Caro

Hi Steve, I purchased the cover separately and find it to be easy to put on and fit for purpose.

Garyasked

I used my Everdure furnace for the first time last night. Shortly after heating up the lid would not close all the way. After cooling down, the lid still will not close. About a inch gap opening. Any solutions?

Everdure A.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi Gary, the lid should close all the way so we can get a member of the technical service team to be in contact with a solution/repair. If you could send us a private message with your phone and email contact, we'll get a member of the team to be in touch very soon.

Caro

Speak to the The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team, they were so helpful with my enquiry. I totally enjoy using my BBQ now!!

Gary

Really impressed. Heard from Everdure within 24 hours and suggested I needed to add some lubricant (oil) to the hinges....it worked! Love the grill! Thanks Everdure for the great customer service and product.

Justine Wasked

Hi, I am interested in buying either the Force or Furnace BBQ and wondered if I could use it as all hotplate, and take the grills away? I prefer to cook on hot plates. Thanks Justine

David

Yes of course you could use it as a full hotplate. You would just need to buy the hotplates you require and swap them over with the grill plate. My furnace came with one hotplate and 2 grill plates. And I think the force comes with one of each. You'd just need to buy extra hotplates for it.

Justine W

Thanks David. I had asked because Weber BBQ's say you can't do this as there will not be enough airflow and it can be dangerous with the gas. Have you tried it? Thanks

Hi Justine,

The best configuration for high powered heat and searing is 3 x open grill plates, therefore we would not recommend changing all 3 plates on the FURNACE to solid plates.

For the FURNACE, we do have a teppanyaki plate accessory available that sits in the middle plate position. This would allow you to have 3 x styles of plates on the FURNACE with 2 being closed flat plates. You can see it in action in this video (copy and paste link into browser): https://bit.ly/2SbixZL

babsdeb

babsdebasked

With the cube - how would you heat the charcoal?

David

I have absolutely no idea because I have the furnace. I've never had a charcoal BBQ before. Sorry I can't be more help.

Caro

Great question, but I have the Furnace. Sorry cant help.

Hi There,

The charcoal in the CUBE can be ignited using any of the traditional charcoal ignition techniques - we generally recommend one of the 2 methods:

- igniting eco-firelighters amongst the charcoal in the inner tray (this can be purchased from most hardware/DIY stores)
- igniting small amounts kindling wood amongst the charcoal

Here is a video that shows ignition using eco-lighters, as well as how to clean after use: https://bit.ly/2TAIIKP

Please don't hesitate to contact us at info@everdurebyheston.com.au if you had any other questions.

LYNDA

LYNDAasked

I am considering buying the furnace but wanted to know if the Plates are going to be ruined by use of metal bbq tools and are they good for eggs, onions, bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms - the softer foods?
Lynda

Everdure A.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi Lynda, metal BBQ tools can be used, and we advise to use with care. The FURNACE comes with a configuration of 1 x solid cast-iron plate and 2 x open-grill plates - we would recommend using the solid plate for your softer foods, and using the grill plates for searing and quick, high heat cooking.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you had any other questions.

Sarah

Sarahasked

We have just set up our everdure with a ULPG 9kg cylinder. The flames on all the burners are not high enough. There is hardly any variation with the low to high setting. The flames aren’t strong enough to sear the food. Any advice?

David

There is nothing you can do. Mine is the exact same. Everdure assure me that this is normal operation. They eventually contacted me to organise a technician to come out a and look over it but that was many weeks ago and I haven't heard from them again.
This particular model BBQ is far too underpowered to do high heat cooking that I am used to.
Sorry I can't be of more help but it's normal operation for our BBQ to be underpowered for searing purposes.

Everdure A.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi Sarah, we suggest preheating the FURNACE with hood down and all burners on high until the temperature reaches 200°C first, and suggest utilising the open grill plates (rather than the solid plate) for searing. If you could also email us at info@everdurebyheston.com.au with your email address and phone number, we'll be able to get in contact to ensure the FURNACE is working as it should.

Everdure A.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi David, can you confirm if the technician inspected the unit? We want to ensure your unit is operating well and searing food as it should.

Laura W

Laura Wasked

We are having issues with the front handle being wobbly. The screws loosen each time we cook and must be tightened. Any suggestions on different screws or other solution to secure handle?

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi there Laura, so that we can assist with your Furnace enquiry could you please contact our customer service desk on 1300 739 033 and one of our technical team will be able to help with a solution. Thanks the team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

dtw

dtwasked

Will the HBG3NGCK (natural gas conversion kit for Furnace) work in the United States?

If so, does anyone know of any US based suppliers I could source from?

Samuel F

Samuel Fasked

Is it possible to use a rotisseri with the lid down on the furnace?

Everdure A.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi Samuel, the FURNACE is not fitted with a rotisserie and does not have any openings on the sides to allow a rotisserie to operate while the hood is closed. If you are after a product in the range that features built-in rotisserie, we would suggest looking at the HUB or FUSION

Luigi

Luigiasked

Hi, can you use the Furnace as a built-in bbq?

Hi Luigi,

The Furnace can be used both on and off the stand. We would like to further discuss your plans and offer our best technical advice. We would appreciate if you could email info@everdurebyheston.com.au - a technical team member will make contact with you immediately.

Thanks,

Tony M

Tony Masked

Can you roast a whole chicken. The lid looks a bit shallow. Thanks.

Bev
Bev

Hi Tony M I have cooked a large family chicken from Coles in the Furnace. You be surprised how much room its got. I use a low tray and baste with pan juices. It is a great oven on hot summer days. Happy cooking. Bev

Everdure A.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi Tony, yes you can definitely roast a whole chicken on the FURNACE. The hood is also large enough to roast a 7kg turkey on our roasting rack. You can check out a short video with Heston's tips for roasting on the FURNACE/FORCE here: https://goo.gl/hAQMrW

Haider

Haiderasked

Bought it yesterday. Very hard to buy/find the accessories. No one keeps stock - checked Bunnings, Bing Lee, Harvey Norman of Liverpool Area. Anyway, looking for advise on COnverting the LPG system to Natural Gas (Connect with my outdoor Gas outlet of NG). Anyone have done it? Is it Plug & Play or I need a plumber? Thanks.

Everdure A.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi Haider, you can purchase accessories directly through our website at www.everdurebyheston.com.au/product_accessories - simply select the accessory you wish to purchase and then click "add to cart".
If you need additional assistance on the gas connection, please feel free to contact us through the support section of our website for a member to get back in contact with more information: https://www.everdurebyheston.com.au/contact

Robyn W

Robyn Wasked

Have used my Force for the first time (have sent a question about roasting). I've not had a bbq before and didn't know you needed to season the plates.
There is some burnt on marks that I am unable to remove. I don't believe I read anything in the instructions about seasoning. Should i do this everytime I cook?

Everdure A.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi Robyn, yes we recommend lightly seasoning the plates with some canola/vegetable oil before and after each use.
If roasting, we recommend using a roasting rack, like the one available in our range: http://bit.ly/2hT7pnR
You can also see our video about roasting on the FORCE, here: http://bit.ly/2iCYL9Z
For cleaning, we suggest using some baking soda with a dampcloth or sponge.

Get an answer from our members and Everdure by Heston Blumenthal representatives