Eveready Dolphin Torch

Eveready Dolphin Torch (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Flashlights / Torches in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Wish I'd read other reviews before I purchased.

Small print says "You may need to exert some strength to open" Um yeah...Impossible to open. Now I have a useless torch and an opened battery which I cannot return.

Collie

CollieWinmalee

Stupid product

I can’t believe that a torch can be so difficult to use. I had to drive miles to buy the thing and when I got it home I couldn’t get the cover off to insert the battery. I tried for over an hour and exhausted myself in the process. This product should be recalled. It is only suitable for people with a lot of strength and a massive hand grip. 1 star is too generous for this rubbish.

Jono

JonoADL

Good everyday torch

It's not the best torch, but far from the worst.
I'm finding the LED Dolphin a good general-purpose torch, for regular and rough use. I have torches that cost 10x the price (literally) and they perform accordingly, but for chucking in the ute, roof inspections and a go-to torch, it presents good value.
And I won't worry if it's lost somewhere.
If you're not after a high-performance torch, but a reliable go-to, I'd be hard pressed to recommend another.

TAF

TAFadelaide

Difficulty with dolphin led torch

I urgently purchased one of the dolphin torches from supermarket due to blackout - it took 7 people to try and finally open the front of torch - could not remove sticker of the front glass lens and had try the only other one in shop - still took numerous tries by various adult trying to help. Then there were no instruction which whether the negative or positives need to be set with battery - extremely user UNFRIENDLY and will be looking for a different option net purchase - obviously not tested for easy use???
tricia

EVEREADY DOLPHIN TORCH

I have just purchased this torch and yes I found the sticker hard to get off as well. I also had trouble unscrewing the lens housing from the torch to fit a new battery. I feel that maybe it is stiff or had an air lock being new. Once the battery was fitted I found it easier to refit the lens housing. Will be used on my boat next time I go fishing as the boys let me off recently for not having a waterproof torch on board.

Rubbish

Cannot open to get the battery in. FAIL. Seeing you sell it without a battery you maybe should consider that somebody may have to insert a battery.
Cannot get the sticker off the front of the lense. FAIL. You have put an unremovable sticker on the lense.
WARNING If purchasing see if you can open and see if you can get the sticker off the lense.

Ruined a good product.

red

redSouth West, WA

LED dolphan

I have to say since they gone from the globe to LED mine works good and still bright as the day i bought it and i have all the smaller ones they are you good to

joe

joePerth, WA

this is the worst eveready product ever.. Can not even rate it one star.

A week ago I tested the switching mechanism on 40 Dolphin LED torches at Bunnings Midvale, WA. The location of the switch in relation to the now cramped handle necessitated using two hands on every unit... The actual mechanism worked on only ONE torch... the previously broad base for stability is gone.. I have purchased Eveready torches since I was a teen.. I am now 66 and this is no doubt the absolute worst ever.. Chucked it aside and bought a beautifully functional Arlec LED unit for 60% of Dolphin price...Lose the designer and the marketing agent or you will go broke...NO ONE will be a repeat sucker..

Unusable product - Total Fail

I thought the Dolphin torch was a quality product - not any more! Just purchased a new Dolphin Torch for $20.00, total waste of money, I could not get the torch to unscrew or release to insert the battery. I am a average sized bloke and it I could not get it to move a mm. Torch now in the bin, did not keep my receipt so no point returning to Coles where I purchased it from. I do not expect a lot for $20.00 but I do not think it is unreasonable to expect that I will be able to insert a battery and turn it on and get some light produced. Based on Fit for Purpose Test - FAIL!.

ChairmanDave

ChairmanDaveAdelaide

Very poor replacement for earlier models

My old Dolphin was getting a bit unreliable and bulbs are getting hard to find. I replaced it with the new LED version and it's woeful. It's supposed to put out 200 lumens but in fact that isn't very much. It's useless except in a small space, such as a little cupboard.

Dreadful

This torch gives out so little light it is useless. It only dimly illuminates my feet and no further than that. Rotating the front to insert a new battery is far harder than many people can manage. Despite the cost I am binning it

david.mcdonald.3591

david.mcdonald.3591New South Wales, Australia

Very poor product compared with those made just a few years ago.

The LED light has gone dull after less than 1 hours use, the yellow filament that emits the light is now an orange colour. First thing I did was to replace the battery but there was no improvement, still dull, that’s when I noticed the colour change of the light emitter.
The light switch is terrible, when it is in the on position the slightest pressure on the button will cause the light to go out, this can be very annoying as my thumb sometimes touches the button. The ON/OFF button only just contacts the switch because the battery / switch plate is such a loose fit inside the torch body.

Mal

MalWindsor

Indesctructable after "lab " testing!

I have had my eveready dolpin torch for some time, works fine, has a good beam. It also has an adjustable base that enables a degree of focus to have the beam directed to a work area. In relation to the 'lab test" I made the mistake of leaving the torch out in the yard accessible to my two Labrador pooches, (gold and black). Torch withstood the lab test, and survived with only a few tooth indentations in the case. I was impressed!!

Rajeeka P.

Rajeeka P.asked

I simply can’t take the cover off. It is very frustrating . It really shouldn’t be this hard

Last Boyscout
Last Boyscout

Put the body of the torch between your legs and turn the globe top using both hands and yes it is difficult, it would be the worst dolphin torch they have ever made, I will not purchase another!

Rob
Rob

Yes, i agree with Boyscout's method, the lens cover is very difficult to unscrew.I also smeared a thin amount of tap lubricating grease around the rubber seal, which helps to free up the lens cover the next time it's removed. I am very Pleased with my new Dolphin Torch, i find it gives a excellent bright light, much better than my previous Dolphin torches...

Wal B.

Wal B.asked

The label on the front of the lens how do you remove it.

Timothy S

Timothy Sasked

Is this torch waterproof? If so how deep could it dive?

Groover
Groover

You would need to read the manufacturer's specifications as to depth/pressure. I would suggest to you that they utilize a large "O" ring to prevent the ingress of water. That ring can make it incredibly difficult to remove the lens assembly unless it is constantly and liberally lubricated. I removed the O ring as water ingress is not a likely problem in my applications.

CategoryFlashlights / Torches