EvoHeat EVO270

EvoHeat EVO270

Good choice Evoheat 270

In general the unit gives plenty of hot water and runs quietly. Installed in January 2018 we had one issue with the pressure release valve needing to be replaced. The response from Evoheat to this problem was excellent with a technician on site on the same day to install the new valve.
The initial installation by KMS was very good and the removal of our old HW system.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Hot stuff .. coming through (water that is).

OK, let's get the disclaimer out of the way first - There's extended warranty (extra 2 yrs on the tank) on offer from Evo by writing reviews here, but this hasn't in anyway influenced what you see written below. This is a nice system and the main hope is that is lasts for many years to come.

Coming from a gas hot water storage system which used as much fuel as an F-111 on full afterburner, anything was going to be better. Let's just say the bar was pretty low. None the less, we looked at all types of tech, including on-demand gas, solar, etc., before finally settling on a compressor/Heat Pump system. The Sanden was on the top of our list, but just prior to buying it, we came across the EVO270. It had a lot of good reviews, it reportedly had a Hitachi compressor and the overall price made it very tempting indeed. The only concern was that it was a relative new comer, had limited warranty (2yrs on compressor, 5yr on tank vs 6yr and 15yr on the Sanden). Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.

We've now had our system for two months and I have to say I'm very happy with it so far. It is a tad noisier than the likes of the Sanden, BUT then again it isn't in the same price bracket either. Sound output is about the same as a window style aircon, so certainly nothing unreasonable. In any case, the unit doesn't need to run for long to heat up (only about half hour at a time I believe). Efficiency is just fantastic - we can run it through the day from our Solar and still have enough 55 deg. hot water for the full 24hrs. Most days we end up with free hot water, and as they say "you can't beat that!". Even if the heat pump cannot generate the necessary power, there's an internal booster element to make up any shortfall. Having an element is also an added bonus if the heat pump was to ever fail for any reason, because you can switch it on manually and still have hot water.

The unit has a backlit LCD touch panel controller, which lets you set temperatures, timers and operating modes. Especially handy is a "Vacation mode" where the unit goes into a semi-hibernation state to save power, but boosts the temp each week to 70 deg so that any bacteria is zapped. You can even tell it when you'll be back so that you've got hot water ready and waiting by the time you unpack your suitcase.

Now, the only concerns I would have are as follows:
1) Make sure your installer connects a dedicated 15A circuit to the unit. The 270 needs the higher amp outlet due to the internal booster element. Our initial install was done on a 10A (standard power point), which had to be retrospectively changed.
2) Touch controller and chassis (if installing outside); Touch controllers exposed to harsh exterior conditions don't tend to have a great track record and once that goes you're stuffed. There is a cover to shield the unit, but not certain if the plastic is UV stabilised. The plastic of the upper cladding and compressor falls into the same category. Ours had a few loose self tapping screws in it (threaded from obviously being over-driven into the chassis with a power tool), and the shiny EvoHeat product label warped and fell off within a day after saying hello to the western sun. Hopefully it's just cosmetic stuff. The tank is no doubt fine, and if the compressor lasts at least four to five years, you're still ahead on cost compared to the likes of a Sanden.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the EVO270 system. It can generate enough ultra hot water for a family without breaking a sweat or your bank account.

Last but not least:
A big "Thank You" to John and the team from Speedy Hot Water for looking after us. Customer service focused, they sorted out the install and all electrical work for us in record time and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

So far, so good.

We had an EVO270 installed to replace another heat pump that had given up the ghost after 10 years. So far the only issue has been a lack of explanation of the features in the owners manual. I was able to find the answers that I needed via the website. I`ll be interested to see how much of a difference the timer function makes in conjunction with our solar system.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Good investment

We had the Evo 270 system installed May 2018
At first we experienced warm water during our morning showers but since I increased the temperature we have piping hot water all day.
We also had guest staying for a week so six showers a day and loads of hot water.
I'd like the thank Fluid Plumbing on the central coast NSW for their professional friendly manner in which they took to install.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Meeting expectations

We had to replace an 8 year old solar hot water system. Our research led us to the EVO270. Pretty good so far. The compressor only runs until the water reaches temperature, then shuts off. The noise is level is about the same as the airconditioning unit.
Now for some figures - it's using just over 1 Kwh of electricity per day for 5 x 10-12 minute showers on 9 litres/minute shower heads. It's not as energy efficient as the solar but the old solar was costing us more in repairs that the cost of hot water!
Can recommend Speedy Hot Water for their prompt service and support and they removed our old solar system for minimal cost.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Living up to expectations

No issue to speak of at the time of writing this.
Previously had a little old 80L hot water cylinder that couldn't even fill the bath. The EVO270 has a much higher capacity and uses less electricity.
Reduced energy consumption and more reliable hot water. Operates without fault on an off-peak circuit and remembers all of its settings when it temporarily loses power.
Totally happy with the unit and would recommend it to others.
Installation by KMS Services took five hours and was very clean and professional.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Quick Install and Upgrade with Energy Efficiency

EVO270 copes fine with our requirement of 3 people in the household with all other usage including washing machine and dishwasher usage. With incorporation of the immersion system I feel it should be able to cope the demands of extensive usage. Water temperature fluctuation did not cause a concern for us as its accommodating our daily requirements and does not come across to us an inconvienience.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Good

Our EVO 270 unit was installed last week. The unit fitted in well and with the heating unit on top of the tank it gave us back some space which our old unit had taken up. So far so good on the hot water. Touch pad gives extra control on the units timing of operation to maximise efficiency

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Early Days but impressed

Early days but signs are promising. Have already shorten its operating time as it more than adequately provides hot water for 24hrs. Ease of use and overall build excellent.
Getting use to noise after have a standard electric storage system previously was noval but none to alarming. Much quieter than the aircon. All in all and first impression,worth while investment.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Very happy with my new Evoheat

Previous hot water system died. I had read about these heat exchange systems and after recommendation from the installer I had one installed.
We need to get used to less pressure and where we set our taps for hot water but so far so good.
John from Speedy Hot Water was fantastic on the install. He and his off-sider were very professional and left the area neat tidy & clean.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Easy change over

My 25 year old solar hot water system died. Speedy Hot Water came out within a few days, confirmed the old system was dead and Mathew was booked in to install the Evoheat 270L. Probably about a week all up from go to whoa. So far the system seems to be performing well. All in all a good experience to date.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Speedy all round

Contacted Speedy Hot Water on 26th June as there were concerns with our existing hot water system. John recommended Evo270 due to long term financial benefits. Within a couple of hours of the same day he had installed our new heat pump system and very soon after we had hot water. System looks good - felt it was a little noisy at first but have adjusted to the sound. Good choice all round.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

This has made a huge difference

I contacted Speedy Hot Water Services early this month and within two days, our new Evo270 Heat Pump system was installed. This unit is quiet when running and I no longer need to worry about running out of gas midway through a shower. Our old system took up valuable space in the laundry so we have a winner. Thanks John and Chris.

A Return to Warmth

We were delighted with John and his teams efficient replacement of our 28 year old rooftop solar hot water system with our new Evoheat EVO207.
It was a horrible shock when our faithful old system 'give up the ghost' at the start of winter and we are delighted with the neat appearance and efficient hot water production of our new product. THANK YOU.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Evo270

Old heat pump water heater expired, so I needed a replacement pretty quick. Did some research, and the EvoHeat 270 looked pretty good, at a fair price. The digital read-out/panel makes it easy to adjust. It's only been a few days, but so far so good... hot water and even the water pressure is a bit better.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Just installed, so far so good!

Have just had this installed as old unit died. Professional and prompt service, very careful and tidy during delivery and instillation. Unit itself is a bit larger than I would have liked however looks tidy and noise hasn’t been a problem for me, even when it is running it’s not very loud.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

4.5 stars, very good

The hot water system is very good and working very well. The control panel is great and easy to operate. The only down side is when the fan start running at night, the sound is a little bit loud and can be noticed when the door or windows was not closed.
The installation was very clean and nice.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Installation of Evoheat EVO270

EVO270 was installed by KMS in Brisbane. Easy to deal with and installation very professional.
Plenty of hot water. Unsure if the predicted electricity saving will materialise until we get a few bills. The unit is very quiet and the fan only comes on occasionally. Unit looks good and fits where our old unit was.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Good for a narrow side of house

One of the slimmer Heat pumps on the market, it meant I could have a heat pump placed at the narrow side of the house (which was the bathroom side) and still have room to allow access the back yard. KMS team did a professional job, respectful. Price was better of the Heat pump brands, just hope now in 5 years time it still serves me well.

Great product and prompt delivery and installation from Speedy Hot Water

Our solar hot water system was in need of repair so Chris from Speedy Hot Water arrived and advised us of our options. We decided on the Evo270 heat pump and within 3-4 hours Matthew and Rod arrived and installed our new heat pump. Matthew took the time to explain the working functions and answered all my questions, putting my mind at ease. Speedy Hot Water Services were efficient and knowledgeable. Can't wait to see the savings on our next electricity bill.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Does the EVO270 work efficiently in the colder climate of Tasmania? Our present electric heater is situated in the laundry. Does the EVO270 need to be outside? Rgds, Gerry

Is this a suitable replacement for an old off peak electric water heater in the ceiling space?
Yes, it would be but you would be better to speak to a licenced plumber .Hi Dene, The Evo270 system is an ideal replacement for an electric water heater, however there would be some assessment required to determine if the ceiling space would be suitable, or if it would be better to relocate it. Please contact us on 1300 859 933 and speak to one of our team who can assist you further. EvoHeatThanks

Our solar 10.5kw solar system is on a high feed in tariff (approx 2x the cost of what we get in from the grid during the day) so is it cost effective for us to use the night time tariff when we get past the holidays and it just two of us at home? We are on the Gold Coast so we rarely get cold weather except for a couple of weeks mid winter.
Hi Sparty, Thank you for your question. Yes, it is most cost effective for you to maximise your high feed in tariff, and run your Evo270 on night tariff (taking advantage of the lower energy rates). If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our office 1300 859 933I'm sorry this question is too technical for me to answer . But I would imagine the night time tariff would be sufficient . We live in Brisbane and getting cold water out of the cold tap is difficult some days .

Similar listings