Extendable sides for versatility
Assembly instructions can be difficult to follow
Evolution website direct you to Total Tools for all support. Total Tools are incapable of providing any post sales support. They tell me to contact Evolution and around and around we go.
The arbor size really limits your ability to get quality blades and forget using it for something like a dado etc as you can't buy the blades for this machine.
Purchased in June 2019 at Total Tools.
Questions & Answers
I am very interested in the evolution rage 5 s ,with the view to purchase, based on the reviews and the sale price, when and where would it become available? Area location ALBURY NSW email address
[email address removed]
Hi Pete K, AllTools carry these. This is a “light” saw that handles up to 38mm comfortably and will saw heavier if needed. I purchased mine as most of my sawring is 19mm ply, I wheel it out of the shed so sawdust doesn’t have to be swept up and then it folds away taking up less space. It also easy to adjust and has a great fence setup giving satisfactory accuracy. My only gripe is that the off button is hard to get at so I’ve had to rig up a paddle that I can bump with my knee. Mike Yackandandah
I have just purchased one of these saws and have the same problem with the blade not square with no more adjustment, are you able to send a link on how to fix this as you did with your saw. Many thanks in advance Jim
Rage 5-S Blade to table adjustment
Ensure the machine is unplugged.
1, Remove the blade guard
2, remove the orange table insert
3, measure the gap between blade and the right-side T-Slot front and rear of blade.
4, loosen the 2 countersunk Hex screws at the rear of the blade first.
5, move the aluminium bracket to the left or right to make the blade parallel with the T-Slot.
6, if you cannot achieve the parallel with the T-Slot repeat on the front.
Thank you for the very prompt reply I will try this tomorrow I only purchased the saw yesterday and have assembled it today and trying to get it as accurate as possible I understand that compared to the better brands it is a cheap saw, but from what I researched it came up with a good report.
Thank you again and I hope you do not mind if I have to ask more questions.
Kind Regards Jim
The RAGE 5-S multipurpose table provides a powerful, clean and accurate cut and virtually no sparks when cutting steel. The blade height can be adjusted for cutting a variety of materials, the built-in wheels allow for easy portability and the folding stand allows for effortless storage. The RAGE 5-S is supplied with an R255-TCT multipurpose blade (28 teeth), with a 255 mm blade diameter and 25.4 mm bore diameter.
- Can cut through many materials such as wood, ferrous metal, non-ferrous metal and plastic with one wood.
- Accurate rip cutting, assisted by an adjustable, full-length, parallel fence with measuring rail guide.
- Ensures reliable and smooth square cutting in a variety of materials.
- Has a powerful high-torque motor with an optimized gearbox & blade system.
- 0- 45-degree bevel tilt and 60 - 60-degree mitre fence covers all common, compound cutting angles.
- 83mm depth of cut at 90 degrees and 58mm depth of cut at 45 degrees.
- Integrated dust port above and below the blade captures dust effectively when fitted to an extraction unit/vacuum (sold separately).
- Collapsible frame with wheels for easy storage and portability.
- Left and right table extensions support wide work-pieces with a table surface area of 1200mm x 640mm when fully extended.
- 1.5m durable cable with the built-in storage cable holder.
- Push Stick included for safer operation when handling smaller offcuts.
- 3-year limited warranty.
- Japanese Tungsten-Carbide-Tipped (TCT) 255mm blade included.
What reviewers thought:
Reviewers noted that the tabletop surface is made from aluminium, not cast iron so you won’t be able to use any magnetic jigs or feather boards. The installation can be a little tricky to set up but overall, the product has great features and ease of handling.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.