Exelpet Capstar For Cats and Dogs

Exelpet Capstar For Cats and Dogs (page 2 of 3)

For Cats and Small Dogs and For Medium and Large Dogs

Worked well

I used capstar for first time on 7yr old ragdoll cat as I had missed flea preventative treatment so she ended up with some fleas from the courtyard. Adult fleas were gone within 24 hours and she didn't have any adverse reaction.

For those reading reviews, take note capstar is NOT a flea preventative treatment, it is only to kill current adult fleas, you will still need to give your pet pet flea preventative treatment, capstar is really only for when you've missed or forgotten to give the regular preventative treatment.

Ineffective Caused Distress

Dog was sick for 48 hours recovered well no apparent effect. Infestation increased over 7 days after administration of Drug. Will not consider reuse of the product.

Poison 4 sure

We used this product on our 10-week-old Maltese it caused her to have a seizer. She had to go to the after hours vet and was lucky to survive. I would not recommend any body to use it at all. It may be more expensive but it is crap. Avoid it!!!

May as well have flushed my money down the toilet

I purchased the Exelpet Capstar pack for medium/large dogs after using spot on and advantage products for many years. I thought they were marginally cheaper and may be more cost effective. Was I wrong! After the first day I thought it was great as the fleas had disappeared. By day 3 they were ALL back and the problem was only resolved by reverting to the tried and true products I have used in the past. I would never again buy any exelpet product as it was a TOTAL waste of money. I am very disappointed in this brand considering the fleas were gone for about 24 hours! Never again!!!

Love it

my vet said its ok animal welfare league said its rubbish
i think they want money from public
i used it on a kitten and an old cat and they were fine
hard to give

Rubbish

I bought this product to ease my poor dog who I noticed had fleas for the first time even though he's an indoor dog... I used this every other day for a week and he is scratching worse and still has fleas... I also used a flea powder and controlled his bedding and carpets, vacuumed etc but to no avail.. now off for a more expensive product as my poor pooch is scratching himself stupid..

Very disappointed

Expensive product that did not work at all!, it didn't kill the fleas at all. I will be seeking an alternative brand in the future.

pathetic

This product is USELESS! i put this product on a small toy poodle, week later STILL has fleas & this useless product says "kills in half hour" CRAP! Very dear product for useless results!!
Dont use it, dont waste your money!!

Warning Cat couldn't walk again ! Don't use any exelpet products ever!

Poison the cat couldn't walk the day after and has not walked again caused him to have a stroke or a seizure rotten company will. It help
Just want the $ they know what's happening but don't give a toss. This product has the potential to kill

Poison. Use wisely.

I've been up the half night because our greyhound has had very bad diarrhea from this product.
Inadequate info on packaging.
I'm really very annoyed. Poor boy :(

12hrs later our dog is still unwell. He is a strong healthy dog otherwise, never have i seen him this unwell! I am so angry. NO possible side effects listed on packaging.

Worst product, would like someone to call me.

I gave my small dog the flea tablets, he got no relief at all, in fact itching got worse. I have used product before but the quality of the tablet and its effectiveness is very poor at best. Not happy at all.

Do not use.

The instructions inside the label clearly states to spray directly onto animal, not bedding. I bought this, but refuse to use it after having read these reviews.

Haven't seen full effect yet but great so far

We recently moved into a new house which was riddled with fleas therefore riddled my cat with them. My local vet stopped selling my usual flea tablet so I purchased this just to see if it would work. Went out about an hour later to find a pile of dead fleas all over the dining table where she had been sleeping. Not sure how well it will kill the rest of the fleas she has but so far has been great

Ineffective

There is no weight nor age per ratio, also no time limit stated. My cats scratched madly,within half an hour.The next morning adult fleas were still present,and not even encumbered by the expensive tablets I purchased.
#Refund

I correct myself.The fleas have gone from the kitten,however the two adult cats are still scratching, and showing adult fleas.I don't want to give the adults anymore,the one tablet fits all,as I have said,no weight per tablet per ratio.

Question is do you want to waste money on a product to kill a flea?

I purchased from woolworths, exelpet flea tablets for around $30 for six tablets, as my little princess had become itchy from a flea.

When I was at the store I asked the store person how long the tablets lasted for once administered to my dog and they responded, we don't know as there is nothing on the packaging or on any instructions. They responded after I purchased the tablets, that they would ask the sales rep. The next time they saw him?????!!

So when I arrived home I gave the tablet to my dog and the next morning she had stopped scratching, here's me thinking "wow it worked", how ever the following day we went to the leash free dog park and guess what, she started scratching again and hasn't stopped since. I believe the answer is, don't waste your money on a product that doesn't display details and buy on that does, I believe the reason it doesn't state a "effective time" is because it is so small and you blink you will miss it?

cat sick

Gave to my cat within 10 mins running around the house & panting. The next day unable to walk, stand or eat. Appears he won't make it thru the night. DO NOT USE it can kill your much loved pet! Devasted watching my cat die because of this product

Wonderful Product!

My 18month old LabXGolden Retriever came back from a relative's farm, after she stayed there while I was away for 2 weeks, covered in fleas. First time she's ever had fleas; and she was so miserable! I bought Capstar and gave it to her along with washing her with flea shampoo, putting flea powder on her and washing all her blankets. Having treated our old dog when she was still alive (with all sorts of different products, but not Captsar) I still expected to have to give her several doses over a few days to clear up the fleas. But I never had to give her a second dose! The very next day, I couldn't find a single flea on her! She was itchy-free and a lot happier!

Allergic reaction!

Gave a Flea Knockdown tablet to my cat in the morning. 15 minutes later she started running around the house, licking herself, got too agitated and panting like a dog!
Will never use it again.

Appears to have worked well

Administered to a 3 yr old male & a 1 yr old male cat and effects were noted quickly, both cats fidgety and more scratching, 1 day later, noticeably less scratching & more peaceful. Used in conjunction with Spot On pipettes with no ill effects except for cats disagreement with the fluid being applied.
2 days later cats appear to be much happier, less scratching, but fleas still appear on us with contact.
Life cycle of fleas will be interrupted with this product, just need to monitor then reapply.
Remember, you are not applying Spot On, Frontline, Advocat.... to kill adult fleas.
ALFiE

Rubbish

This item was completely useless. It promised almost instant relief. Bought and tried it twice - without relief for my little moodle. We then bought COMFORTIS with great results! Obviously would not waste my money on Exelpet again.