Exetel Mobile

1.3
Vin Lever
Vin LeverMid North Coast, NSW

One of the Cheaper Services

I do not use my phone often so this service is about as cheap as it gets. I use wifi for phone data.
Got this Optus service after I purchased Exetel NBN service, Previously I had Vodafone which was hopeless in rural areas. Optus is getting better for coverage.
The $14.99 is cheap. (extras when you sign up)
Customer service is actually helpful when you get through to someone.
However there can be delays

Plan Cost per Month$14.99
Brian C
Brian CSouth East Queensland, QLD

terrible customer service

I made the mistake of applying for the $8.99 a month mobile, what a mistake it took them 12 days to send out a sim card, phoned many times and recording said they would call back within 80 minutes, never received a call back, sent numerous emails and got replies that they would get back to me within two working days, never received an answer to my messages. When I received the sim card they didn't send the password to log on. Sent message to them by email saying please cancel my application, never bothered to reply. This is the worst service ever experienced.

Plan Cost per Month$8.99
Zay
ZayPerth, WA

Terrible Mobile Reception PLUS Taking Out Extra Money From My Account!!!

Terrible Mobile Reception as well as taking extra money out of my account!!!
I bought the $8.99 sim only mobile plan & the reception is terrible 95% of the time! Friends keep asking me why my mobile is off all the time, even though it's not, it's just the poor reception! The mobile data is almost always on 3G instead of 4G! I had the same problem with Amaysim & I guess Optus has never been good to me!
Another problem is that they keep charging me for using a credit card even though I used my bank details which is supposed to not charge you any fees, but they kept charging me!
I would not recommend Exetel for a mobile plan & I couldn't be happier that I'm not longer a customer!

Plan Cost per Month$8.99
Mobile Phone Service Providers

Find out how Exetel Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Useless. Won't port number

Tried to switch from Amaysim, but Exetel won't port number. Their systems aren't working properly and you get stuck between two mobile providers indefinitely (3 weeks now and counting) . No points of escalation available, emails not answered, the only option to speak to a real person is to choose "become a client", as "support" appears to have no staff assigned. Very different to what it was a year ago. Exetel is not ready to be a mobile provider yet, unfortunately.

Pavel K.
Pavel K.

Update: after 3 weeks of waiting and several hours on the phone my number finally got ported. Appears to be working now: voice, SMS, internet are all working.

Harke
HarkeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

worst customer service, nobody takes your phone

Plan Cost per Month$8.00