Listing monitored by Exetel Mobile

1.2
Robert BartonNorth Queensland, QLD

They cancelled service and then charged me for it!

In late May 2022, Exetel advised they were switching to a Telstra service, complete with a $5 a month price increase. Further advised that our accounts would be cancelled from 1 August 2022 unless we migrated to their new Telstra option. Declined to do that, transferred the number to a different provider and advised them to stop invoices from 1 August 2022. Not once but 4 times. Of course they ignored all of this and went ahead and charged in advance for August even though they were no longer providing a service (which they had cancelled). Their reponse when I asked for the charges to be cancelled:" It's a little too late to reverse it from our end."

Sanka P.Exetel MobileSend a private message
Sanka P.Exetel MobileSend a private message

Hi Robert,
As you have correctly pointed out, only one of your services were affected with the glitch,
We are extremely sorry about this.
We have run a sweep within our systems to identify any further affected customers.

suckmyorbitals
suckmyorbitalsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very poor customer service

First of all, I've never encountered a telco which removes your ability to receive calls when a bill is not paid. Second, even after payment, my sim does not work. I spent 30 minutes talking to support but the line quality was so poor I literally couldn't understand what they were saying- I imagine this is the result of an offshore support centre. I asked a simple question: which plan am I currently on, and they couldn't even answer this!! Unbelievable.

• Plan Cost per Month$20.00
Jude PExetel MobileSend a private message
Vin Lever
Vin LeverMid North Coast, NSW

One of the Cheaper Services

I do not use my phone often so this service is about as cheap as it gets. I use wifi for phone data.
Got this Optus service after I purchased Exetel NBN service, Previously I had Vodafone which was hopeless in rural areas. Optus is getting better for coverage.
The $14.99 is cheap. (extras when you sign up)
Customer service is actually helpful when you get through to someone.
However there can be delays

• Plan Cost per Month$14.99
Brian C
Brian CSouth East Queensland, QLD

terrible customer service

I made the mistake of applying for the $8.99 a month mobile, what a mistake it took them 12 days to send out a sim card, phoned many times and recording said they would call back within 80 minutes, never received a call back, sent numerous emails and got replies that they would get back to me within two working days, never received an answer to my messages. When I received the sim card they didn't send the password to log on. Sent message to them by email saying please cancel my application, never bothered to reply. This is the worst service ever experienced.

• Plan Cost per Month$8.99
Mobile Phone Service Providers

Find out how Exetel Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Zay
ZayPerth, WA

Terrible Mobile Reception PLUS Taking Out Extra Money From My Account!!!

Terrible Mobile Reception as well as taking extra money out of my account!!!
I bought the $8.99 sim only mobile plan & the reception is terrible 95% of the time! Friends keep asking me why my mobile is off all the time, even though it's not, it's just the poor reception! The mobile data is almost always on 3G instead of 4G! I had the same problem with Amaysim & I guess Optus has never been good to me!
Another problem is that they keep charging me for using a credit card even though I used my bank details which is supposed to not charge you any fees, but they kept charging me!
I would not recommend Exetel for a mobile plan & I couldn't be happier that I'm not longer a customer!

• Plan Cost per Month$8.99

Almost non-existent customer service

When I signed up for the service, I understood that poring from another Optus carrier could take up to 3 business days. Now it has been 2 weeks since instigated the porting on the web (I clicked "activate") after receiving the sim. I emailed them 3 days ago them and have not heard the any response except for the auto reply. I tried to post on their help forum but it is practically impossible. Nobody picks up the phone and I could not leave a voicemail. Is there any human there at all at the other end with this company? I regret choosing Exetel already.

• Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone
  • Plan Cost per Month$19.00
  • Included Data per Month6 GB

Useless. Won't port number

Tried to switch from Amaysim, but Exetel won't port number. Their systems aren't working properly and you get stuck between two mobile providers indefinitely (3 weeks now and counting) . No points of escalation available, emails not answered, the only option to speak to a real person is to choose "become a client", as "support" appears to have no staff assigned. Very different to what it was a year ago. Exetel is not ready to be a mobile provider yet, unfortunately.

Pavel K.
Pavel K.

Update: after 3 weeks of waiting and several hours on the phone my number finally got ported. Appears to be working now: voice, SMS, internet are all working.