Listing monitored by Exetel Mobile

Robert BartonNorth Queensland, QLD

They cancelled service and then charged me for it!

In late May 2022, Exetel advised they were switching to a Telstra service, complete with a $5 a month price increase. Further advised that our accounts would be cancelled from 1 August 2022 unless we migrated to their new Telstra option. Declined to do that, transferred the number to a different provider and advised them to stop invoices from 1 August 2022. Not once but 4 times. Of course they ignored all of this and went ahead and charged in advance for August even though they were no longer providing a service (which they had cancelled). Their reponse when I asked for the charges to be cancelled:" It's a little too late to reverse it from our end."

Hi Robert,
As you have correctly pointed out, only one of your services were affected with the glitch,
We are extremely sorry about this.
We have run a sweep within our systems to identify any further affected customers.

Absolutely shocking people running the company

Straightforward billing issue became rocket science at exetel! Constantly handballed around the different departments and disconnected 4 times while waiting. Amazingly, the easiest way to solve the problem ended up terminating my service with them.

Hi Dave,
We are really sorry to hear about this issue.
One of our team members will get in touch with you to find out more details and to avoid a similar occurrence.

suckmyorbitals
suckmyorbitalsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very poor customer service

First of all, I've never encountered a telco which removes your ability to receive calls when a bill is not paid. Second, even after payment, my sim does not work. I spent 30 minutes talking to support but the line quality was so poor I literally couldn't understand what they were saying- I imagine this is the result of an offshore support centre. I asked a simple question: which plan am I currently on, and they couldn't even answer this!! Unbelievable.

• Plan Cost per Month$20.00
Bernadette
BernadetteSydney, NSW

Deteriorated service & coverage

• Plan Cost per Month$10.00
  • Included Data per Month3 GB

Pavel
PavelPerth, WA

Great provider - until network change

I have been with Exetel for many years and it has been without any issues on Optus network. Their latest decision to switch to Telstra network was a disaster for WA. This is not full Telstra network, but so very thinned down resellers network where I wound myself driving under Telstra tower with no signal nor could made a calls from home (in the city) ! I've left with all my sims back to alternative Optus reseller. Great people, great company & single management decision to save few $ :-(

• Plan Cost per Month$15.00
Terry
TerryNewcastle

Exetel mobile gives non fuss reliabilty

I switched over from Telstra to Exetel mobile. Ended up being same network but cheaper. The coverage is excellent. I have had zero dropouts. I don't use a lot of data but what I don't use, rolls over to the next month. Therefore I have plenty when I really need it (without having to pay more each month - in case I need it). The Exetel folk were very helpful in the setting up. Couldn't fault the service or the product. At $16 a month - excellent value. I highly recommend Exetel.

• Plan Cost per Month$16.00
  • Included Data per Month4 GB
Hendo
HendoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Customer Service not Good Enough.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Don't use Exetel, zero customer service

• Plan Cost per Month$25.00
  • Included Data per Month10 GB
Andrew P.
Andrew P.

Charging me for a service that doesn't exist

I ported my number over to another provider but still got charged for the following month. I called and said what was going on and replied saying they can't do anything about it. How can you charge for a service that doesn't exist or is in use?

I have never had a problem with any other provider but this company takes it to a new low.

Avoid this company as the aftercare service is near 0 existence and useful as they only care about taking your money.

james p.
james p.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrendous. Avoid

I bought their wirless mobile plan thinking it would be fast and easy to set up. How wrong I was. 6 weeks in and I am still trying to speak to someone helpful. My issues are:
- when it connects, it is very slow (running 1x device only and Netflix auto's to low quality
- a lot of the time I get no signal
- tech support are useless with no urgency and poor English/communication skills
- general support is also not helpful

average_consumer
average_consumer

Porting out made artificially difficult, as admitted by customer service

• Plan Cost per Month$30.00
  • Included Data per Month18 GB
Vin Lever
Vin LeverMid North Coast, NSW

One of the Cheaper Services

I do not use my phone often so this service is about as cheap as it gets. I use wifi for phone data.
Got this Optus service after I purchased Exetel NBN service, Previously I had Vodafone which was hopeless in rural areas. Optus is getting better for coverage.
The $14.99 is cheap. (extras when you sign up)
Customer service is actually helpful when you get through to someone.
However there can be delays

• Plan Cost per Month$14.99

Retail Cusomer
Retail CusomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scamers and Theives AVOID at all costs

Joined Exetel as service appeared economical and value for money.
Customer service is ABYSMAL you will wait 20 mins on hold for basic assistance.
Ported a number to another provider Exetel continued to bill me foe a number that was no longer theirs for 3 months. Still waiting on a refund.

Brian C
Brian CSouth East Queensland, QLD

terrible customer service

I made the mistake of applying for the $8.99 a month mobile, what a mistake it took them 12 days to send out a sim card, phoned many times and recording said they would call back within 80 minutes, never received a call back, sent numerous emails and got replies that they would get back to me within two working days, never received an answer to my messages. When I received the sim card they didn't send the password to log on. Sent message to them by email saying please cancel my application, never bothered to reply. This is the worst service ever experienced.

• Plan Cost per Month$8.99
mike
mikeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dodgy business model

I changed SIM providers on about the 19th June.
I noticed I was still signed up to them at the start of July and called them up to make sure my plan gets cancelled.
Exetel claims that their T+Cs say I needed to give them 20days notice to cancel my plan.
So even though their SIM would no longer have worked from the 19th onwards, it turns out I would have had to tell them about this back in May!
I am now getting charged for the whole of July! 1.5 months after their SIM would no longer work.

Whatever money I saved from going with them I would have lost from having to pay for an extra month for absolutely nothing.