Listing monitored by Exetel Mobile

Robert BartonNorth Queensland, QLD

They cancelled service and then charged me for it!

In late May 2022, Exetel advised they were switching to a Telstra service, complete with a $5 a month price increase. Further advised that our accounts would be cancelled from 1 August 2022 unless we migrated to their new Telstra option. Declined to do that, transferred the number to a different provider and advised them to stop invoices from 1 August 2022. Not once but 4 times. Of course they ignored all of this and went ahead and charged in advance for August even though they were no longer providing a service (which they had cancelled). Their reponse when I asked for the charges to be cancelled:" It's a little too late to reverse it from our end."

Hi Robert,
As you have correctly pointed out, only one of your services were affected with the glitch,
We are extremely sorry about this.
We have run a sweep within our systems to identify any further affected customers.

Absolutely shocking people running the company

Straightforward billing issue became rocket science at exetel! Constantly handballed around the different departments and disconnected 4 times while waiting. Amazingly, the easiest way to solve the problem ended up terminating my service with them.

• Incentivised Review No
  • Plan TypePost-Paid Sim Only

Hi Dave,
We are really sorry to hear about this issue.
One of our team members will get in touch with you to find out more details and to avoid a similar occurrence.

suckmyorbitals
suckmyorbitalsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very poor customer service

First of all, I've never encountered a telco which removes your ability to receive calls when a bill is not paid. Second, even after payment, my sim does not work. I spent 30 minutes talking to support but the line quality was so poor I literally couldn't understand what they were saying- I imagine this is the result of an offshore support centre. I asked a simple question: which plan am I currently on, and they couldn't even answer this!! Unbelievable.

Jude PExetel MobileSend a private message
Bernadette
BernadetteSydney, NSW

Deteriorated service & coverage

Jude PExetel MobileSend a private message

Jaytee
JayteeHarrison 2914, ACT

Customer service is HORRIBLE!

They switched across to the Telstra, is charging me more and my phone barely had any service in the home.

Called, waited 10 mins+ to get to someone who could barely be heard and hung up on me partway through my call. Didn't call back so I had to call back and wait another 15 mins - the second operator was constantly putting me on hold (about another 10-15 mins) for a very simply matter of lodging a complaint. They couldn't fix the issue there and then too. Took about an hour just to lodge a complaint. Very disappointing.

Hendo
HendoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Customer Service not Good Enough.

Don't use Exetel, zero customer service

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Andrew P.
Andrew P.

Charging me for a service that doesn't exist

I ported my number over to another provider but still got charged for the following month. I called and said what was going on and replied saying they can't do anything about it. How can you charge for a service that doesn't exist or is in use?

I have never had a problem with any other provider but this company takes it to a new low.

Avoid this company as the aftercare service is near 0 existence and useful as they only care about taking your money.

james p.
james p.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrendous. Avoid

I bought their wirless mobile plan thinking it would be fast and easy to set up. How wrong I was. 6 weeks in and I am still trying to speak to someone helpful. My issues are:
- when it connects, it is very slow (running 1x device only and Netflix auto's to low quality
- a lot of the time I get no signal
- tech support are useless with no urgency and poor English/communication skills
- general support is also not helpful

Retail Cusomer
Retail CusomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scamers and Theives AVOID at all costs

Joined Exetel as service appeared economical and value for money.
Customer service is ABYSMAL you will wait 20 mins on hold for basic assistance.
Ported a number to another provider Exetel continued to bill me foe a number that was no longer theirs for 3 months. Still waiting on a refund.

John
JohnRomsey

Extremely non responsive Customer service

Brian C
Brian CSouth East Queensland, QLD

terrible customer service

I made the mistake of applying for the $8.99 a month mobile, what a mistake it took them 12 days to send out a sim card, phoned many times and recording said they would call back within 80 minutes, never received a call back, sent numerous emails and got replies that they would get back to me within two working days, never received an answer to my messages. When I received the sim card they didn't send the password to log on. Sent message to them by email saying please cancel my application, never bothered to reply. This is the worst service ever experienced.

• Local Reception

mike
mikeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dodgy business model

I changed SIM providers on about the 19th June.
I noticed I was still signed up to them at the start of July and called them up to make sure my plan gets cancelled.
Exetel claims that their T+Cs say I needed to give them 20days notice to cancel my plan.
So even though their SIM would no longer have worked from the 19th onwards, it turns out I would have had to tell them about this back in May!
I am now getting charged for the whole of July! 1.5 months after their SIM would no longer work.

Whatever money I saved from going with them I would have lost from having to pay for an extra month for absolutely nothing.

Zay
ZayPerth, WA

Terrible Mobile Reception PLUS Taking Out Extra Money From My Account!!!

Terrible Mobile Reception as well as taking extra money out of my account!!!
I bought the $8.99 sim only mobile plan & the reception is terrible 95% of the time! Friends keep asking me why my mobile is off all the time, even though it's not, it's just the poor reception! The mobile data is almost always on 3G instead of 4G! I had the same problem with Amaysim & I guess Optus has never been good to me!
Another problem is that they keep charging me for using a credit card even though I used my bank details which is supposed to not charge you any fees, but they kept charging me!
I would not recommend Exetel for a mobile plan & I couldn't be happier that I'm not longer a customer!

Robbo
RobboPerth, WA

Shambles

Switched from Optus mobile after reading positive WhistleOut review....was a big mistake. This company just can't deliver and reasonable service. If you make the effort to try to sort their mistakes out it must be done by phone and is like pulling teeth...and when you finally get to talk to the remote call center their promises never delivered. Billing is an absolute mess, emails never answered. Stay away!