Exetel Mobile

Exetel Mobile

Listing monitored by Exetel Mobile

average_consumer
average_consumer

Porting out made artificially difficult, as admitted by customer service

Vin Lever
Vin LeverMid North Coast, NSW

One of the Cheaper Services

I do not use my phone often so this service is about as cheap as it gets. I use wifi for phone data.
Got this Optus service after I purchased Exetel NBN service, Previously I had Vodafone which was hopeless in rural areas. Optus is getting better for coverage.
The $14.99 is cheap. (extras when you sign up)
Customer service is actually helpful when you get through to someone.
However there can be delays

Quickpig
QuickpigSoldiers Point

Worth the effort

What should have been a simple switch from Optus to Exetel proved to be quite the opposite. To be fair, this could have been the fault of Optus. Apparently, porting a number from one network to the same network is difficult because it is done manually. I've been told it's quicker to change networks and back again, because this process is done automatically. Exetel got there in the end and the deal is so much better than Optus, I think it was worth the effort.

ozimarco
ozimarcoWheatbelt, WA

Perfect post-paid mobile plan for a low-usage customer.

Mobile Phone Service Providers

Find out how Exetel Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Vince T
Vince TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Connected and used it but buttons are still "ACTIVATE"

I've managed to activate my 2 numbers, ported from vodafone. We could use it (call, data...). However, on their system, the button "ACTIVATE" are still there, and they texted me, told me to activate the service???? Their system looks outdated.

Local Reception
Deanos
DeanosSydney, NSW

Does everything I need.

Coverage is always quite reliable - on the Optus network, I never use my included calls/txts and thanks to the ability to have Exetel cut off the data when you hit the limit you don't get hit with excess charges.

Harvey
HarveyClear Mountain

Great service, product and good support.

Joined Exetel Mobile two months ago as my other provider was increasing their prices. Number porting was painless, SIM delivery was within the timeframe provided. The Optus network is brilliant and have had no issues at all with reception or speed. As for support you can see the wait time on their website so I always call when there is no one waiting and you go straight through. Email support will take longer to respond but I only used that once for a non-urgent request. Sometimes you just had to try it yourself. Do you really think that if a business did so badly (as per most comments here) it would survive in this cut throat industry? Fully recommend Exetel.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
king_45
king_45Central West, NSW

Sells Optus cheaper than Optus

Exetel resells optus cheaper than optus. So whatever service optus provides is what you get only cheaper. Signing up upgrading plan get new sim card all done online and all works smoothly. Never had a problem with billing after several years as a very satisfied customer.

Happy exetel customers

I am online gamer that lives around the Ipswich area of Brisbane and I have been with exetel for 10 years and I am a happy customer.I have never had any major issues with them.Yes there have been the odd loss of signal from network problem but what company doesn’t have them.When there are problems they keep customers up to date on there forums .
I have moved house twice in 10 yrs with them and found the change of address quick and easy

Mobile Phone Service Providers

Find out how Exetel Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Love this provider

I've been with Exetel for years and each 12 months I check out the competitors. I've had Telstra call me during dinner many times to try and win me back but they just can't beat Exetel. Exetel are so good that I've just got my 70 year old mother-in-law onto a unlimited mobile plan and disconnected her land line. Keep up the great work Exetel...
Reliability and value for money...