Expand-A-Hose

Expand-A-Hose

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Expand-A-Hose? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.6
cristina
cristinaPerth, WA

useless item scam at best

totally useless unuseable, my husband got upset when it started leaking, as if it was my fault. Non returnable, as it was bought from the eastern states. would not recommend at all

Purchased in June 2020 for $30.00.

Pitiful quality

I've had 5 of these hoses and none of them have lasted more than 4 weeks. All split and leak water. Quality is just non existent but the idea is great!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $24.00.

Other Garden Hoses

Unhappy shopper
Unhappy shopper

Grow Not Hose by Holman

Mine has burst after 3 uses. Will return to Bunnings and replace with something else I think. Good idea but as most reviewers suggest, Needs some tweaking before I can recommend it to others. I purchased it as it was light and easy to move around, a feature most welcome.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Embarassing gift

Don't waste your money to the low lives who manufactured this product who are undetectable.
Bought 5 of the mongrels. 3 for myself 2 as gifts. One lasted a month another popped first time used and 3 in between.
pop goes1 2 3 4 5 pop goes $200.00.
Great concept and love the idea so practical light and space saver easily mobile. I would gladly pay double for it I knew it would last for a while.
Anyone now of something similar that lasts.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Garden Hoses

Find out how Expand-A-Hose compares to other Garden Hoses

Only used 3 times before popping

I had same problem as other reviewer, it developed a bubble half way along hose on 2nd use then popped on 3rd use. Very disappointed . It cost $50 so I was expecting it to last for a while (at least 6months) as $10 hoses from bunnings last at least a couple of months before springing a leak, I suppose dearer isn't always better.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Als
AlsBrisbane

Splits in the hose

I have had 3 of these now and all have split in the internal silicon hose. If only it would last as I like the idea light weight and space saving. I have also had problems with it bursting off the tap fittings as well, but when it splits you can no longer use it. :-(

Jayne W
Jayne WSydney

Expandable Hose

Hose worked fine for a couple of weeks. Then water leakage appeared towards top and got progressively worse. Hose was always treated with care. The expandable hose is a great concept, but needs to be fine-tuned.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Gazza04
Gazza04Southern and Hills, SA

These are Hopeless

I purchased one of these hoses from Homeart. The girl behind the counter told me to make sure the fittings are tight and this I did. I could not stop the hose from leaking and on further investigation I found a crack in the fitting.
I returned the hose to Homeart and they give me another one. While there I enquired had they had many of these hoses returned? The answer was yes. The replacement hose I got also leaks at the fitting. Warning don't buy them they are rubbish.

Other Garden Hoses

Not good enough

I bought an Expand-a-hose from Homeart. One end blew off at the first time we used it. We have been trying to fix it with conventional hose parts but have been unsuccessful. I was going to write to the manufacturers but there is no information on the box of the manufacturer. So, I cannot contact them to fix the problem. I have just wasted money.
I was thinking it would be good in a caravan as it would not take up a lot of space. I wass wrong as it blew off at the first attempt.
The connections where the hose is attached to the fittings is not firm enough so the hose blows off.

Garden Hoses