Expedia

Expedia Questions & Answers

Tony P.
Tony P.

How do I cancel a booking made through Expedia?

Mcleans
Mcleans

You need to be prepared to spend a full day of sitting on hold. Then call and wait, and wait, and wait.

Pamela M
Pamela M

It appears that Expedia’s total costs for car hire from (and return) to Montreal for 14 days in August are about or less than a quarter of the same vehicles on the actual car hire websites (eg $35 a day compared to over $200 a day). It seems too good to be true. How can this be? What is the likelihood that a car would actually be ready and waiting (at, say, Hertz or Thrifty) with no other hire cost upon arrival to collect the car?

Andy L
Andy L

I'd say the likelihood that you're being used as a bank, ie pay in advance, then get the service cancelled prior and then wait for your refund is reasonably high. See my review for how they do that with flights.

Marivic
Marivic

How can I get my refund ticket from last year with Confirmation number 6KM6BB ?

Neil S.
Neil S.

Good luck with that.
I booked a KLM flight in 2000 in Europe through Expedia and flight was subsequently cancelled due to COVID restrictions. KLM confirmed to me that Expedia were refunded the cost.
Almost 3 years of continuous emails to Expedia trying to get a refund and now Expedia saying the booking number doesn’t exist. Total ripoff.
Let me know if you have any luck.

lee
lee

I have been trying to get through to an actual person to change a booking. I was never emailed an itinerary number and as a result can't contact Expedia via email or phone. I rang the booking number of the venue and was told they can't change it I have to contact Expedia. All I have is a registration code 829858125, and a phone number of the venue booked 613 9826 8000. I have been trying to cancel the 13/1 with 2 weeks notice but can not get through. I need someone from Expedia to make contact and sort this asap Lee Curtis 61 416 174 006

Ivor E.

Do you give customer bank details to third parties

Ivor E.

My flight was cancelled by the airline a month ago but I still haven't had a refund why

Zaid S

booked car rental through expedia, and placed my credit card details. clicked submit and the money got withdrawn from my account but the webpage had an error and no confirmations emails received?!! can not talk to anyone as I don't have an iternanry number or booking number! so frustrating!!

Kosta
Kosta

Try their Australian customer service number and use bank details

Zaid S

their Australia number requires booking number and my personal details are not on their system?

Tanja B.

Contact the bank and dispute the amount.

Tanja B.

Do not book with Expedia. They are cheaper but it’s not worth the headaches.

Ails

What use is a credit when you will be unable to travel again to the same destination in the time frame. A credit should be of use at all destinations.

Mick
Mick

Iam in and out of the state every week so it would be used and the credit it a general credit that to use again with Expedia or refunded back to you

Levon C.
Levon C.

I am being told at the moment that i need to fly from the same location the flight was booked from

Ails

My credit can only be used at the same resort I am booked into and I am not able to stay for longer.it would be great if it could be credited back to me.

Willy w

So I’m guessing everyone is in the same boat as me/partner
Multiple times on the phone trying to get a refund let alone a replacement ticket
Apparently Jetstar I had to call direct as they where our return tickets
And they have no reference after I explained that we paid expedia 1 year ago through COVID
So going around in circles
And still nothing
Compared to what others I’ve read on here
I’m amazed that the authorities or government haven’t said or done anything about these guys
Maybe start a social media group on FB to put the spotlight on these punks

Willy w

I just messaged them on Facebook messenger and apparently they are going to credit one of the flights
The other ones I have to chase myself lol

Scott
Scott

They don’t honour what they say they will. They’re absolute crooks. I’m not sure how they are even in business

Robin b

From all of these complaints why not all of us people owed money commence a class action against them.

Huy
Huy

Is it even possible? I have been reading a lot of reviews and they have been not refunding or providing over priced air fares as credit.

Robin b

Given up. Wrote to Escape in Australian newspapers The doc did not even bother to answer. Also lodge name with class action in USA bot heard nothing

Abigail E.
Abigail E.

You have issued me with Qantas Airways Credit of $639 for myself, the same amount for my daughter and again for 2 friends. I have spent 18months getting the credit in writing in an email. I then just spent 2 and half hours on the phone to 5 customer representatives who were unable to book me 2 tickets using less than half of the credit. How is a credit of use if the only way to use it is to phone Expedia but having done so they are unable to convert it to anything. I am truly flabbergasted. Are you planning to honour the credits you issued (I paid cash and have not received any service - so I am still unsure how it expired....)? Are you hoping we'll all just give up and go away because Expedia says here is your credit but then it is impossible to use it with Qantas....they are not reachable.....

Lai Y.
Lai Y.

Hi Expedia management,

I have booked 4 one-way tickets from Brisbane (BNE) to Kaohsiung (KHH), Taiwan, 8 Jul 2021-9Jul 2021. Unfortunately, due to the covid outbreak, foreign nationals without a residency permit cannot travel to Taiwan until 12 July. Based on this unforeseen border closure, I would like to cancel the booking and get a refund. I booked under the "no change fees" policy. Could you please advise how do I go about it? Your help is much appreciated.

I have tried to contact your service centre. It kept me waiting for about 30 mins to speak to your agent, yet, the line cut off without hearing from them anymore. I was expecting a follow-up call to resolve the problem, but there is none. While I make the next call, I have been told to hold the call for 2 hours. I trust Expedia has an international brand reputation with great service. However, the experience that I have had is rather disappointing.

My booking itinerary # 72110872588083

netmedic

Has anyone set about suing Expedia in Australia for not refunding cancelled bookings? If so, please post here, as I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

grovezen
grovezen

I have received a refund for a hotel booking - once the hotel agreed.

I have received flight credits but i dont want flight credits, i want a refund. Qantas have agreed to it but are dragging their feet - been 20 weeks since request of refund. In process of doing a chargeback through credit card

netmedic

I sympathize with your predicament. In my case, it seems air new zealand have made the refund to expedia but they've not passed the refund on to me. The Expedia customer service rep I spoke to told me he would proceed with the refund, then immediately after this said he couldn't authorize the refund as the sum of money owing was beyond his pay grade to action. So, why put folk on customer service when they can't action refunds? I'll let you draw your own conclusions here.

Kelly
Kelly

Go to Slater & Gordon website. They're taking info for a Class Action.

netmedic

Thanks, Kelly. I did eventually get all my money back from them, but it took 6 months.

Ledger
Ledger

@netmedic Can I ask what you did to get a refund? I have been trying to call Expedia for weeks. I cant get past the bot to talk to a customer service rep. I have also e-mailed them but had no response.

@Ledger
Yes, it's tough but I got more action from them via email than on the phone. Hopefully, via email, you'll get a contact whom you can then deal with. The other thing you can do is contact the airline, if it's airline tickets you're trying to get refunded. Someone commenting above also suggested credit card chargeback, and that could be a good option if you paid that way.

Anne
Anne

Why are Expedia only offering hotel coupons to be used by June 2021 considering airlines and others are offering 'use by' up till end of 2021 ? There is little possibility of travelling abroad by June ! We have had full refunds (not just coupons) from other hotel bookings we made independently because of Coronavirus.

Sarah
Sarah

Expedia I canceled well over 30 days ago
Where’s my refund Like the email stated
Itinerary 7428402032533

Jane
Jane

I would like a refund for a hotel booking.

Polly
Polly

I booked through Expedia a holiday package from. 15-27 May - non refundable. Qantas website we’re giving credits for all passengers but I had to go through Expedia to organise. Impossible to contact Expedia - recorded message don’t call until. 72 hours before flight. My flight has now been cancelled by qantas. What happens to my credit. Also I’ve contacted my hotel and they were happy to give credit for upcoming trip but they advised they need Expedia to contact them. This non contact is frustrating. Will I be getting a credit?

NoEncore10

How do I get refund for cancelled refundable flight? could not manage flight via booking, had to contact Expedia. Expedia has issued part flight credit for one leg of flight with details to follow (?). On hold for hours, during the night, with no result. Still on hold.

NoEncore10

Case ID : [REQ:M-28601377] - please refund to my credit card. Fare conditions "refundable"

They stranded me before2
They stranded me before2

I booked through expedia usa site. All i did was ask

NoEncore10

Thanks. They dont answer the phone. I couldnt manage online as it said had to phone.

Murat O.
Murat O.

It's not likely that you will be able to get it.

I think you are correct

kennyboi
kennyboi

Does Expedia have Email support? You never can get to them via phone.

Shay
Shay

Unable to contact by phone
I did email they replied saying contact the hotel and when I did they said it can only be changed by the web site which will not let me
Expedia is not answering the phone

Amber L
Amber L

They don't have email but if you put a complaint form in they'll get back to you

kerrie l.
kerrie l.

My experience with expedia trying to ring has been really bad. I need to cancel my hotel now due to the coronavirus. Due to use it on 27th March 2020. Please need help now

Get an answer from our members and Expedia representatives