1.4

Jo CGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

D H.
D H.2 posts

No care, no responsibility

Booked accomodation through Expedia. The property did not meet the standard advertised, and Expedia’s response was simply “not our problem - take it up with the owner”. If they are going to list a property and receive a commission they need to take responsibility that it meets the standard they are advertising!
Robynne
RobynneSouth West, WA

WillandSez
WillandSezGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

DO NOT USE! Absolutely appalling

As others have experienced, I am in Australia and they charged in US dollars. Not only that, they charged me TWICE for flights and after contacting the airline, I was told to contact Expedia. I spoke to Ryan via the chat and despite being able to see two charges on their system and my uploading evidence of being charged twice, I was told that their "system" says the first charge was cancelled and to contact the bank. Absolutely disgraceful site, it is appalling that they are still able to get away with this. DO NOT USE!!
Jon B
Jon B
AnneMurrumbidgee Region, NSW12 posts

Unlawful Expedia/VRBO transaction

I paid Expedia for a booking which they didn't provide. The money was paid 9 months in advance. They have not refunded my money and are not taking any responsibility. They send me emails saying I can contact them and when I do I receive a reply stating they are no longer monitoring this email!
I will never use them again and as far as I am concerned they unlawfully took my money.
Anne

Expedia finally refunded my money however it took a considerable amount of time and contact from me.

zahray.yousefi
zahray.yousefi2 posts

Book from Expedia if you want to ruin your mental health and money

worst ever. Book from Expedia if you want to ruin your mental health and money
Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.

Currency not clear

I did not log in to an Expedia account, and selected accommodation by googling their website whilst in Australia. Prices were shown in $ but no mention of which currency, which I found was USD after paying. I went on the chat immediately to cancel the transaction and was told it would take 7-10 days to get to me. It should be clear that you are on the US site and not the AUS site when making a booking. If that was not painful enough if I booked through the Aus site and not the one google led me to , the room would have been $20 AUD cheaper a night.
Chris S.
Chris S.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Do not book a vacation package through Expedia

I booked a holiday package with Expedia. I gave the travel dates and preferred hotel. They booked the flights and the hotel, except they booked one night too many at the hotel. The Expedia solution? Cancel everything, get a refund and start again! I booked it four months ago. What if I can't get on a flight, or the price has gone up? Not our problem.
Jax nz
Jax nz

Don't use

I booked 1 nights accommodation and when it was confirmed it had another date, contacted them straight away and wasted an hour on live chat trying to sort it as the accommodation was for that night, sorted it directly with the hotel.. the hotel has charged me and Expedia so have been charged twice.. I'm over trying to get a refund, thank goodness it was only for one night.
The wrong dates appeared after putting details of my credit card in. Don't use if you like your holiday free from stress. I learnt my lesson DO NOT USE.
Lisa dale
Lisa dale South East Queensland, QLD14 posts

Useless do not use

I am still trying to sort out my flight to Melbourne! 3 times I have called and put on hold. Can’t speak English can’t help. I’ve called virgin airlines and they tell me no such flight has been booked! What a disgrace will never use again
Nelly
NellyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Jonesy
JonesyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA5 posts

Scammed me

So they appear in the accommodation search with an offer for $87 per night which I proceeded to make the booking upon arrival the reception told me Travelocity/ Expedia had taken $140 from my account. They of course could not be contacted on the phone or by email after several attempts.

SCAMMERS... do not use this booking service and also ring the hotel prior to any payment or booking.

pee
peetasmania

Conned out of $600

During Covid my flight was canceled and when I tried to get a refund from Expedia which I tried to do a number times all I could get was a recorded message which prevented me talking to anyone they basically made it impossible to make a claim and I can’t believe how they continue to operate when they are misusing the funds of ordinary people. This is a disgrace and how they can get away with this stuns me.

Michael A.
Michael A.Sydney, NSW2 posts

STAY AWAY from their air flight booking service

Never, ever will I use their service again. It is a case of once bitten twice shy.
In detail I could not make a flight and gave myself 4-5 hours allowance to change flights. Upon contacting their support I was told that their system kept throwing an error, this took well over 2 hours on chat to resolve and in the end they said I needed to contact the airline directly, which I did.
The airline in turn told me they could alter my flight and were just refusing to, so I went back to them and wasted more time to in the end be told that they couldnt change the flight and the reason for it... wait for it... was that it was now too close to boarding time.
Never, ever again Expedia. You already took my money once.
Aidan F.
Aidan F.

0 stars

0 stars, scummy disgusting indian scammers tried charging me $2,500 for a new ticket for a problem that was solved in 2 seconds at the airport. useless indians should go back to their failed society where they belong.
Elvis
ElvisMelbourne3 posts

God help you if you need to change booking

Let me just say, due to family illness I have been trying yo change my flight from 19th to the 13. Started communications with there “virtual agent” and they assured me that someone will call me within 24hours. So after the 24hour I contacted them again and yet again they assured me that someone will contact me within 24 hours. For 6 days straight I contacted Expedia and no one called me back. Today being the 12th I had no choice but buy another ticket. Very disappointed with there customer service and definitely won’t be using them again!!
Rose L.
Rose L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Non existent customer service

Called to make an enquiry if meals were included on the flights as it wasn’t clear on the ticket.
Asked this questions in 3 different ways, the person I spoke to couldn’t understand my question instead just re-forwarded the ticket to me. When asked if I could speak to someone else as he clearly isn’t understanding, he said he was the one person working that day but I could hear other operator’s voice in the background ?! Seriously ? !
Mcleans
McleansSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Name change mayhem

I typed a name incorrectly on a booking.
Call to change it. Get told Expedia can't do this call the airline. I call both airlines involved. They state "this is confusing Expedia have the ability and authority to correct the name".
Expedia say they are waiting for authority from aiirline.

Airlines state no authority request has been received from Expedia.

Been on hold now for 5 hours and 18min (this is my 4th call to Expedia today about this)

From 9am to 4pm I am no closer to waiting talking to someone from Expedia name change department.

The flight is tomorrow!

Sally
SallyPerth, WA2 posts

Avoid for flights , no help when you need it !

Their customer service is non existent . When connecting flights change , they do not act as a travel agent and find you solutions
Dave
Dave

Do not use Expedia

Booked 2 return flights, Melbourne/Manchester with Emirates. Cost of both tickets taken out of my bank account by Emirates. Total cost $5374.

Now I have a pending deduction from my bank account as Emirates have tried to take out payment again for the 2 flights, which meant the money I had left in my account has gone.

Expedia were hopeless. Not out problem, take it up with the bank. Totally unhelpful and unprofessional. Didn't even offer to contact Emirates to rectify this.

Don't use Expedia.

Raman
Raman

Never Get a refund from Expedia

Do not use Expedia to book a flight. I booked a ticket for Kathmandu to Brisbane last November and because of their mistake I missed my flight and they promised me to provide a refund. However, till today 10 months, I have not got my refund amount, but Expedia is telling me that they have already refunded my account. Never Ever use this app.
Bob
BobTasmania5 posts

Don't trust

Expedia just cancelled a booking I made through agoda, and rebooked it wth, I don't have Expedia on my phone, fortunately receptionist picked up on it and rang me, something very shonky with Expedia imo
DTH
DTHSydney, NSW3 posts

Kerri S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Kerri S.

After more phone calls and escalation, our issue was resolved - although the currency is still not clear on the web pages

Emma Dabbs
Emma DabbsCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC11 posts
Warren
Warren

Contacting Expedia

AI has ruined customer service. There is no customer service to help make bookings, especially if you have questions before you select hotel & location. Had to book with another agency only for this reason. Disappointing ☹️☹️
Rob
Rob

Don’t use these mobs

Absolute nightmare if you have an emergency and need to change anything. My relative got sick and I had to fly back. Just spent 4 days but got charged for 14. Full of excuses. There are better sites. Strongly not recommended.
gschiena3 posts

The new one Key

I had approx $178 that I booked hotels in the past 6 months etc, with this new one key, have I lost the $178, in my account it says I have nothing but at end of June 2023 it says I had $178, can you tell where this amount has gone.
gschiena

All ok now the money is back into my account, thank Expedia.

Peter D.
Peter D.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

BRUNA
BRUNANewcastle2 posts

Don’t do it!

Paid deposit for accomodation - cancelled within refund period ! Never got my money back!
John
JohnPerth, WA2 posts

Terrible serrvie, waste time and get nothing

I booked the Singapore airline and a new time schedule being given, but could not get any chance to accept the offer in expedia system, I could not get any support and wast half day. finally suggested me to cancel whole trip and re-book again.
avi
aviGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC16 posts

Watchout for hidden fees that are added post payment submission

After making payment, there were fees that were added to my booking without my knowledge!
What's worse, Expedia said they couldn't help and simply handballed the matter to the Airline.
Of course, the airline said the matter needs to be raised via the booking agent, Expedia.
Expedia support team have said they can't do anything and I am welcome to cancel the booking if I wish to do so.
My advice would be not to make a booking with Expedia, they weren't even interested in assisting to resolve the matter.
Tony A.
Tony A.

changing tickets a nightmare

Customer care, that it isn't. After hours of trying to change a flight, it turned out $230 more than if I just bought a new ticket, from their website and $280 more from a competitor's website.

Matt K.

Jake

darren
darrenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cannot contact Expedia

Please don’t book anything with this company. Terrible. Booked flights , then cancelled but will not refund. Actually don’t acknowledge the booking even thou they have $1200.