ALDI Expressi Milk Frother

Catherine

CatherinePerth, WA

Brought and returned the same day

Brought and returned the same day, this product should be renamed milk warmer as thats all it does, despite playing with different milk and settings it never produced any froth.

So if you like creamy cappuccinos dont waste your money or time.

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for A$29.00.

Yo H.

Yo H.Sydney, NSW

Cut my finger while handwashing this item.

This mill frother has stainless body and rim with very sharp edges on the rim. The build quality is sub par. I have cut my finger like a knife would just hand washing this item.

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI for A$29.00.

Katho

KathoAU

No complaints

I really like this milk frother. I purchased the Kmart brand and it stopped working after about half a dozen times of using it. So far the Aldi frother has been great and I've had no issues with it. It heats the milk perfect for my liking and is very easy to clean.

Purchased in June 2019 at ALDI for A$30.00.

Alwaysinthekitchen

AlwaysinthekitchenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Exceptional amount of froth Simple to use!

Not sure how the people leaving bad reviews are using this but it works perfectly..maybe too much froth not enough milk.very straight forward instructions that i recommend people actually read before using..but im pretty happy with this machine so far. 3 year warranty. So ill just replace it if need be.. i am winning i think!

Purchased in August 2019 at Aldi for A$29.99.

Ritz C.

Ritz C.Perth, WA

Was working well but broke within 6 months

Baught this one and it broke within 6 months. Aldi didn't wsnt to replace without reciept, which who keeps them ? Disappointed. Its clearly a brand that only aldi sells. Shame.

Purchased in November 2018 for A$39.99.

Deb17

Deb17Melbourne

Dont buy it

Shocking, worked great for a few weeks & it's now in the bin. I wouldn't buy another electrical product from Aldi. The coffee pods were good but weithout frofth it's useless.

Purchased in January 2019 at ALDI for A$29.00.

Jocelyn

JocelynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does not froth well.

I had returned my milk frothier to Aldi as it was not working well. It was replaced and at first it frothed up beautifully but after a short time it started to not froth or heat well again. I am considering buying another brand. Did any one else have this problem with the Aldi milk frothier.

Purchased in January 2019.

Jas

JasLiverpool

Best in the market at such a good price.

Can’t live without it!!!!!! The people that are saying it only warms milk and doesn’t froth aren’t using the product correctly. You have to click the black little spinner into the milk frother jug so that it has something to froth with. It’s on the instructions!!! Once you get it I promise you will fall in love with this product! Morning coffees have never been the same.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Glenda

GlendaDepot Hill

Perfect, can't live without it!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Find out how ALDI Expressi Milk Frother compares to other Milk Frothers

Did not do what it claims

Very disappointed with this product all it did was warm the milk and no froth. Tried it on both heat and cold setting but same result. Could of done the same putting milk in microwave. Have read some of the other reviews some say different milk can make a difference and some actually say that it froths great. Wish it had of worked Returned to ALDI for refund.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Musabbir Khan

Musabbir Khan

Amazing value for money, use every day without issue.

This device is perfect at what it claims to do, if used according to the manual there is no issues whatsoever with the operation of this product. It has many useful features and is definitely worth the asking price.

The frothing is consistently good and it can even froth cold.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Shandi

ShandiAU

Good value and excellent machine

I have now owned this frother for about 4 years, it still works perfectly every time. I am very happy with it. I have recently purchased a new coffee maker, which came with a frother, it is a brand name, and is about 4 times more expensive, and it is totally worse. Yes the lid can leak, (put in less milk), and yes the milk can stick to the bottom, (clean it out, no hassle) The expensive version has all the same negatives plus some of its own. So all in all, I would choose the cheaper Aldi frother.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
SFB

SFBSprington SA

Disappointed

Bought this milk frothing jug some months ago, I was disappointed because I prefer my milk to be “hot”.. the temperature seems too low for my taste, but the rest of my family & their kids love it! Can’t complain about the froth, it’s great!! My grandies all love hot chocolate so this particular item gets a good workout when ever they visit.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
J9

J9Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quick and easy to use & clean

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Atticus Fetch

Atticus Fetch

Crap, Seal Keeps Leaking

Returned the first frother due to the seal issue. Staff were great and replaced item, unfortunately that didn't fix the issue with seal equally faulty in second one.

Lid seal constantly leaks so you put less and less milk into the frother until you have to do 2-3 uses to get a normal cup of coffee.

When I actually use this item I don't use the lid, whats the point in cleaning something that doesn't do its job.

Now it sits in the garage until called up to make the occassional cappuccino.

Easy to clean though :D

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Victoria

VictoriaNewcastle

Short life span

I loved this frother it’s great for the price however I am on to my third unit in 3 months. I have been following all cleaning directions and never getting it wet. Only issue I can think is we use it on average 3 times a day but really that shouldn’t be an issue.

jazzgirl

jazzgirlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

good frother for the price

bought this in jan18 and used it for approx. 2 months. It does a really good job of frothing milk with the frothing attachment and good froth from the other attachment for latte. What I don't like about it is it's a pain to clean. The milk has a tendency to burn on the bottom which doesn't affect the taste but cleaning is not easy. I also don't like that you can only make enough for 1 coffee at a time which is not good when you have guests as you need to allow a few minutes in between frothing. I bought an adesso frother which is way better and my aldi frother has been put away in the cupboard.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Karen

KarenCaloundra

Useless

Milk barely warm and have to reheat in microwave. Capacity is way below that stated. Barely enough to fill a small coffee cup. Milk overflows when heating and leaves a burnt milk residue on the non-stick surface. Got this one to replace another that had stopped working. Won't be buying same again.

GeoffW1

GeoffW1Sydney, NSW

Long term review is good

I've had one of these from Aldi a few years now, and while I don't use it every week, it has lasted well and done a good job. I use the smaller beater, the one without spring, and fill it to the upper mark. The only slight criticism I'd make is that it doesn't heat quite enough, but I get around that by preheating the mug.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Wendy M

Wendy MSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love this milk frother! Thanks Aldi.

This milk frother is perfect for 1 person / cup of coffee. It warms and froths just lightly after one press of the button. If you prefer very warm/hot milk, you may want to zap it before or after but I find after 2 cycles, its perfectly warm and beautifully frothy. It's easy to clean thanks to the non-stick surface inside - and it should be cleaned after every use because there is a milk scum left on the surface after heating. Never over fill past the max frothing line (like I did) or, despite the rubber seal lid, the milk will froth up under the seal through the spout on the jug. No complaints about this little beauty!

See all ALDI Expressi Milk Frother reviews

Deanne

Deanneasked

Expressi Milk Frother

My aldi milk frother has turned to cold how to I turn it back to warming the milk?

Simon

You don't, it's the default setting just press the button.

Rod D
Rod D

Mine goes straight in to cold when I turn it on. How do I stop it and get it back to hot?

Marie D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

Love this frother, have used for over 2 years daily. But cant work out how to switch between hot and cold. Any suggestions

Simon

Hi, for cold you just need to press the button in for a bit longer.

Marie D.

Simon, thank you ...until today I didnt know you could do cold..haha. I thought it was broken.

Nada D.

Nada D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

I would like to replace the rubber seal on my frother. Where can I buy one?

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother is a 240mL electric milk frother sold for $29.99. You can fill it up to the first line for frothing, or the second line for heating milk.

Reviewers cited good value for money as the thing they liked most about this ALDI frother.

Many coffee drinkers reported that the frother worked well for a period of time (a few weeks, or up to six months) and then stopped working. Others said that the frothing function stopped working, while the milk warming function continued working fine.

Other reviewers were frustrated that even when they filled to the correct lines, frothed milk popped the lid off the machine, causing a mess.

One review entitled ‘short life span’ appreciated the low price, but didn’t appreciate that ‘I am on to my third unit in 3 months.’ There were quite a few reviewers who bought the product multiple times, but after the second or third time decided to stop.

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother's average rating, and the fact that opinion is divided fairly evenly between fans and detractors, could be due to the fact that true to ALDI's style, the product is continually discontinued. It's then re-introduced to the market on selected Special Buys dates (typically twice a year). This can make it difficult to keep up with any changing features, price and the overall quality of the product.

Compare all 5 ALDI Expressi Milk Frother
  • 31 Aug 2016
  • 10 May 2017
  • 6 Dec 2017
  • 2 May 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2017Mar 2014Nov 2015May 2020