ALDI Expressi Milk Frother

Ron Bennetts

Ron BennettsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Its a great value option to upgrade your morning

Never a big fan of plain long white coffee until this. Nice finish, stylish looks, functions.

One button, two options. Quick press to froth/heat, Long press to froth without heat. Getting the initial level right is key, always use the lid as it WILL spray milk everywhere. The springy frother (cappuccino) lives in the draw, the paddle works well for a nice latte.

Cleaning is a pain though. The heater element leaves a film on the bottom of the reservoir, which needs to be removed before re-use. I've taken to using a paper towel after a quick water rinse, picks up the milk solids and leaves clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Lisa L

Lisa LSydney

Cheap milk frother

Cheap milk frother. Using the paddle attachment supplies the milk is not the foamy. Using the whisk attachment, milk is too frothy. Not much a in between. Easy to clean, just be careful you don't lose the attachment in the sink. Does the job if just want a warm milk with no hassle to make your coffee a little extra.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Brooke

BrookeSouth Australia

Awesome

I was all prepared to purchase an expensive milk frother when I came across this one for $28. I thought why not give it a try for that price. It’s amazing it froths and heats the milk to anyone’s liking, it’s whisper quiet and very easy to operate and clean. It’ll have your milk warmed and frothed before a full kettle has boiled. There are options to just warm the milk, not warm the frothing milk and to choose the amount of froth. I could not recommend this product enough :)

CaroS

CaroSBrisbane

So easy to use and great for soy and regular milk

The Expressi Milk Frother is easy to use and clean. Filled to the max level, it makes a perfect mug of coffee in conjunction with the Expressi Coffee machine. I always get the milk warming first as it takes a bit longer than the coffee machine's operation time.

For ease of cleaning, I always run cold water in it to cool the base heating plate and the milk residue wipes off with little effort.

Steven

StevenMelbourne, Victoria

Why is the surface so sticky and hard to clean?

This thing froths well... maybe too well - your coffee will be extremely foamy. But cleaning this thing is a pain compared to other frothers. Milk sticks to this thing so hard that its not worth using. It is a black teflon surface but this seems to do more bad than good.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Mr john citizen

Mr john citizenMelbourne

Not a bad frother- however.....

Very in depth review of the Aldi Milk frother-
I had similar results to this reviewer on youtube- a nice foth although not a s creamy as a high end krups machine i used to have.
it would pay to set your milk level at in between min and max - otherwise you will get overflow dependant upon the seasonality of the milk ( froths at different rates during the year) havent tested it with low fat milk- only used normal milk- which is what normal people tend to use. Skim milk is for the mentally challenged.!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Richard Thompson

Richard Thompson

Great unit & works well

Great unit. Must read instructions and not overfill. Must be wiped out, not just rinsed under tap. Very easy to clean. Even run unit on small inverter in caravan 600w. Very good value for money. Instructions read that heats to 65deg & tested it with coffee machine thermometer & pretty close 63deg.

ClareEllen

ClareEllen

Great Xmas present

I have had no issues whatsoever with my machine. Heats and froths the milk such that it looks like snow in top of my coffee or hot choc. I think it's enough for 2 cups but have to admit to adding a little cold milk first as i find too hot milk and water burns coffee. Not sure of the price as it was a gift but i love it !

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Wendy

WendySouth East Queensland, QLD

Does the job.

Purchased a milk frother with our aldi coffee machine. It it pretty good - although only does two smaller cups of coffee or one larger cup at a time. I think you can buy a larger version if needed (although not sure this is available all the time).
This is the second one we have brought - and our first one lasted a few years. We only replaced it as we noticed it was getting a little harder to clean (ie. the non-stick surface was becoming slightly more sticky) - not because it had broken.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Bradb

BradbSydney, NSW

Leaks through seal on lid every time

Even with milk at the minimum level as soon as it heats up the milk pours out through the seal on the lid. Have attempted to hold it on with no change still leaks. Heats the milk fine and froth but by the time it finished heating there is hardly enough milk left due to the lid leaking.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Ali

Ali

Quick n Easy

First of all at this prince point this is the best. I had to return it twice and I have to say that Aldi customer service was good. At least in my case they happily replaced it for the first time and refunded my money the second time. I never had overflow issues (i dont use spring for frothing so cant say how it works in that scenario). I just pay for itself within a week if you drink coffee everyday.

So why not give it a try when you can rerun it something bad happens.

Tip: Make sure you dont wash the bottom of the jug.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
MrsK

MrsKSydney, NSW

It's not bad, but should have spent a bit more on a better one

This is the second one bought from Aldi. Our first one lasted about a year when it simply would not work and milk would get stuck onto metal coating all the time which was hard to scrape off. I think the model was improved as this no longer happens, but after comparing it to a more expensive brand that a friend has I've realised it's pretty average as it never seems to froth the milk entirely. Disappointing, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
JakeyB

JakeyBAU

Overflows.

Ok let me start by saying I love the actual Expressi coffee machines but the frothers are awful. I bought another one as a spare and it is garbage. Put half the max milk and it still spills everywhere. Then the burnt milk sticks to the bottom. Pain to clean. Not enough for two coffees or one. But the Nespresso one is be same. Throw them away and get the stainless steel Breville. I've had mine for two years. Does 4 cups of coffee and you can put it in the dishwasher.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Ashr

AshrBrisbane

So easy to use

I love my Aldi milk frother and it's so easy to use and clean. It's Much more affordable then other ranges I looked at- I have misplaced one of the small parts however which I don't think can be purchased individually so I'm limited to what I can do now.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

RonnyCravenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Usual Aldi Shortfalls

I am moved to write this as our fourth unit has just thrown in the towel. The first two failed within warranty so presumably the "technicians" at Aldi have got them to last longer than the 12 months with the last two. It's a pity because it is very good for the price and the only downside, apart from the short life, is as mentioned the sticking of milk to a hotspot. As I write I am frother-less and trying to decide if the convenience of another Aldi one overrides shopping around. After all, these things are only a "cheat" way of getting proper steamed milk. If I opt for Aldi I will get back with a timescale when it inevitably fails.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Gribs

GribsAU

Ok

Works well, but have had 2 now and both had the milk sticking to the bottom after only a few uses. Otherwise it works as intended and froths the milk beautifully.Temperature could come out a little on the hotter side. I would recommend to others, good value for the price.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
JJ!

JJ!Frankston South

Perfect cup of coffee at home!

really great, milk is at perfect temperature. However only heats 1cup of milk at a time and needs to be cleaned between uses as milk burns to the bottom. Also only good if drinking coffee straight away, milk is at perfect temp so you can't walk away, its great to force me to sit and enjoy my coffee. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Carol

CarolSouth East Queensland, QLD

Aldi Expressi Mild Frother

I find it a bit hard to clean and it doesnt take much milk so if u are making a few cups at a time u have to clean it before u put more milk, as it sticks to the botttom, but it does makes coffee taste much better with milker, than pouring ordinary milk in

Date PurchasedMay 2017
mj5

mj5Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Aldi Milk Frother

When we bought our Coffee maker the frother was included in the pack we have over used the coffee maker but this little milk frother is still going strong, I have just gone to buy and machine and saw that you can buy the frother on it's own, so no coffee machine came home just the Frother and it is great for a late night warm milk or a milk Coffee can't get passed it and it is cheap for $20 a good buy even for that little gift for someone who may need a pick me up. Aldi has some excellent products and stands buy them as well. Do Try It.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Nat

NatAU

A bit too small to make more than one coffee froth at a time!

This is a pretty good milk frother in that it works well and is quiet compared to our last one. The problem I have is that it overflows if filled too high so I only keep it at a small amount; just enough for one coffee. This slows down my coffees for guests if making for a few people! I probably wouldn't buy this product again for that reason.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
See all ALDI Expressi Milk Frother reviews

Deanne

Deanneasked

Expressi Milk Frother

My aldi milk frother has turned to cold how to I turn it back to warming the milk?

Simon

You don't, it's the default setting just press the button.

Rod D
Rod D

Mine goes straight in to cold when I turn it on. How do I stop it and get it back to hot?

David
David

Mine seems to be stuck on cold too. How do you reset it?

Marie D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

Love this frother, have used for over 2 years daily. But cant work out how to switch between hot and cold. Any suggestions

Simon

Hi, for cold you just need to press the button in for a bit longer.

Marie D.

Simon, thank you ...until today I didnt know you could do cold..haha. I thought it was broken.

Nada D.

Nada D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

I would like to replace the rubber seal on my frother. Where can I buy one?

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother is a 240mL electric milk frother sold for $29.99. You can fill it up to the first line for frothing, or the second line for heating milk.

Reviewers cited good value for money as the thing they liked most about this ALDI frother.

Many coffee drinkers reported that the frother worked well for a period of time (a few weeks, or up to six months) and then stopped working. Others said that the frothing function stopped working, while the milk warming function continued working fine.

Other reviewers were frustrated that even when they filled to the correct lines, frothed milk popped the lid off the machine, causing a mess.

One review entitled ‘short life span’ appreciated the low price, but didn’t appreciate that ‘I am on to my third unit in 3 months.’ There were quite a few reviewers who bought the product multiple times, but after the second or third time decided to stop.

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother's average rating, and the fact that opinion is divided fairly evenly between fans and detractors, could be due to the fact that true to ALDI's style, the product is continually discontinued. It's then re-introduced to the market on selected Special Buys dates (typically twice a year). This can make it difficult to keep up with any changing features, price and the overall quality of the product.

Compare all 5 ALDI Expressi Milk Frother
  • 31 Aug 2016
  • 10 May 2017
  • 6 Dec 2017
  • 2 May 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2017Mar 2014Nov 2015May 2020