ALDI Expressi Milk Frother

scottt

scotttGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Value

This frother won't give you cafe quality latte art but it is great for such a cheap price. With the spring attachment it makes the milk foamy rather than frothy so like other reviewers I find the smaller paddle more effective for coffee as it thickens the milk a little bit while heating. Where this thing does excel is for big foamy kids drinks. It is especially good at whipping up cold milk for iced chocolates. We have used ours several times a week for a few months with no problems.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Leigh

LeighBrisbane

Has been very reliable

I have been using this pretty much daily for over 4 years. I also never use the whisk attachment, but have occasionally had overflow (but that's because I've overfilled it!). Sadly it has just died and unfortunately the after sales service can't do much for me as it's out of warranty. If I can't find a way to fix it I'll be in the market for a new one and would definitely consider getting this one again.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Keeps overflowing do not buy

Keeps overflowing despite putting milk in at minimum level. Foam goes down real fast in the mug unlike the dualit frothier brand.

Good for a temp emergency frother but not a long term product.

Go for a DUALIT frother it is excellent quality grove is around $89. They sellout very fast when in stock

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Russell

RussellOakleigh

Can't generate enough froth to cover a cup

Bought from Aldi two weeks ago. First two cups were fine, but has progressively become worse. Not worth the plastic it is made from. Really disappointed, I was under the impression, mistakenly, that Aldi sold fairly good stuff. Won't be buying this sort of thing from Aldi any time soon.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Kerryn

Kerryn

Reliable and consistent

We purchased ours 4 years ago . Hasnt missed a beat Delivers consistently frothy milk always at the same temperature. We find the paddle delivers enough froth and dont use the whisk at all. No overflow problem with ours. We take ours camping and away on holidays even for just a weekend. Coupled with our caffitaly pod machine we get consistently good coffee. We do look after it though cleaning it and not letting milk or water sit in it. We have just lost the lid on ours after camping. Reading reviews on other frothers and have decided that we'll stick with the exspressi!

Date PurchasedMar 2013
FNQ

FNQAU

Don't bother!!

Where do I start, bad design, completely unpredictable, doesn't matter what I do I end up with milk all over the bench. Doesn't even froth properly, not worth buying it.
I thought it's me not using it properly but after my husband failed as well while reading the instructions I'm sure the frother is ready for rubbish.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Sydneykiwi

SydneykiwiSydney, NSW

Piece of Crap, worst design ever... Fail!!

whilst it does a good job of frothing it makes so much mess no matter what the recommended level is, all you end up doing is spending ten minutes cleaning up and your coffee gets cold. the lid dosent seal properly. im over it, im taking it back. would get no stars if it was an option! dont buy it there are other options on ebay!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great item

This frother is perfect -bought this a week ago and we haven't stop using it. It froths the milk up just the way we like it nice and thick. For the price it's a gem better than the much more expensive brand I had that didn't deliver as well as the Expressi.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Unpredictable

I purchased one, which was ok but it eventually short circuited. So I bought a second one which is a little worse. It does something different every time. I always fill it to the correct line measurements and sometimes it's not enough milk so I have to top it up with cold milk and then microwave it, and sometimes it over froths and spills everywhere. I find it easier to just microwave my coffee now so I don't have to clean up the mess every morning.

Jewels

JewelsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Expressi Milk Frother... Big thumbs UP!

I love the Expressi Milk Frother from Aldi.. I have read other people complain that the frother ( the attachment with the coil) froths to much, um hello! its a frother ?? I think its fine. Admittedly I rarely use the coil attachment and stick to the small paddle which also gives the perfect amount of froth for a Latte. I received 2 of the little paddle attachments which was a bonus :) .. I haven't used cows milk as I don't drink it, but so far it's great with Aldi organic soy and Vitasoy oat milk. Over all it was a snazzy little purchase for $27 & matches perfectly with the Expressi coffee machine. Happy customer.

Leigh

LeighGold Coast

Too Hot & Small Amount Milk

Bought this and then returned the next day, over cooks the milk not at the right temperature which is very important. Can only put a little amount of milk in canister if you want hot froth. it's not enough for a small coffee. You have to wait and let it cool down before you add more milk and froth for a second cup. Must be cleaned before you add more milk otherwise it burns the coffee.

mistahd33

mistahd33Portland

A frother which appears to be designed not to last.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Peter R

Peter R

Good for the price

It's a very good option to start with budget, from Aldi. It does make a lot of foam for cappuccino, the bottom might be burned sometimes but doesn't really affect taste. The machine works fast, suitable for those on the go and still need a home brew in the morning.

NanaP

NanaPDalby, Qld

good product

Great product. For me it would be better if it heated 2 cups worth of milk but is a single cup, so that's fine. The small paddle does a better job for my preference. The whisk attachment creates a bit too much froth. Overall, very good product for the price.

Gadget man

Gadget man

Good product - value for money.

My original Aldi Frother died and because I was quite happy with it (lasted longer than more expensive Nespresso brand) my choice was easy. It is bigger than old one, easy to clean, so far no problem. Even if I have to replace it later (but I can't see why) it's so cheap I'm going to buy another one. Also 1 year warranty from Aldi no question asked is pretty good.

Find out how ALDI Expressi Milk Frother compares to other Milk Frothers

A solid, well designed product

Received the frother as a Christmas gift and in the 3 months of use so far it is doing well. Easy to clean and perfect for one cup of coffee. I use the small paddle so the milk is not over frothed and the frother works well with milk made from Woolworths Skim milk powder . Thanks for the heads up about the small paddle being easily lost down the sink drain. I always make sure it is removed before rinsing the unit. If you do manage to flush the paddle down the drain remember that most kitchen sinks have a removable trap under the sink and you may be able to retrieve it.

VicReviewer

VicReviewerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

If you like all froth and no milk, go for it

We have a Nespresso frother and bought the Aldi brand for our office. There is no comparison. The Aldi frother way overfroths so that you end up with half a cup of coffee and half a cup of froth. We have put it in the cupboard as a backup but will never use it.

Kazz37

Kazz37South East Queensland, QLD

Barely makes coffee for one...

Bought the frother from Aldi's in December. In the few months I have owned it, I probably made about 50 cups of coffee. 50 very little cups of coffee. While the unit looks like it could make a full cup, it barely froths up enough for one.

And today it stopped working... well it froths, but no heat.

From the beginning I was disappointed, mainly due to the capacity. Relatively easy to clean, adequate froth, fast heating although not quite hot enough, but needed to heat two batches to have any product of use. And now it doesn't work at all.

So I am back doing research to find something better.

Greg

GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best value and performance

Our Aldi milk frother has been so reliable for us. By comparison to our Nespresso frother, Aldi's has never had burn mark problems (not only Nespresso had this problem), it is half the price, and easier to clean.

For example, cleaning after frothing milk for latte, it is a rinse and wipe. Our Nespresso needs the impeller removed, with a fiddly cleaning exercise.

By the way we still use our Nespresso when we have many guests.

NSWGELLY

NSWGELLYNarooma

Waste of money

Can barely make enough milk for one cup of coffee, and over flows despite correct milk level. Basically it is garbage, I spent more time cleaning the kitchen after using this than actually drinking my coffee. This was clearly designed by an espresso drinker.

Spend your money on a plunger to froth your milk, easy less to go wrong.

See all ALDI Expressi Milk Frother reviews

Deanne

Deanneasked

Expressi Milk Frother

My aldi milk frother has turned to cold how to I turn it back to warming the milk?

Simon

You don't, it's the default setting just press the button.

Rod D
Rod D

Mine goes straight in to cold when I turn it on. How do I stop it and get it back to hot?

David
David

Mine seems to be stuck on cold too. How do you reset it?

Marie D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

Love this frother, have used for over 2 years daily. But cant work out how to switch between hot and cold. Any suggestions

Simon

Hi, for cold you just need to press the button in for a bit longer.

Marie D.

Simon, thank you ...until today I didnt know you could do cold..haha. I thought it was broken.

Nada D.

Nada D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

I would like to replace the rubber seal on my frother. Where can I buy one?

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother is a 240mL electric milk frother sold for $29.99. You can fill it up to the first line for frothing, or the second line for heating milk.

Reviewers cited good value for money as the thing they liked most about this ALDI frother.

Many coffee drinkers reported that the frother worked well for a period of time (a few weeks, or up to six months) and then stopped working. Others said that the frothing function stopped working, while the milk warming function continued working fine.

Other reviewers were frustrated that even when they filled to the correct lines, frothed milk popped the lid off the machine, causing a mess.

One review entitled ‘short life span’ appreciated the low price, but didn’t appreciate that ‘I am on to my third unit in 3 months.’ There were quite a few reviewers who bought the product multiple times, but after the second or third time decided to stop.

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother's average rating, and the fact that opinion is divided fairly evenly between fans and detractors, could be due to the fact that true to ALDI's style, the product is continually discontinued. It's then re-introduced to the market on selected Special Buys dates (typically twice a year). This can make it difficult to keep up with any changing features, price and the overall quality of the product.

Compare all 5 ALDI Expressi Milk Frother
  • 31 Aug 2016
  • 10 May 2017
  • 6 Dec 2017
  • 2 May 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2017Mar 2014Nov 2015May 2020