ALDI Expressi Milk Frother
See the Best Milk Frothers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great item

This frother is perfect -bought this a week ago and we haven't stop using it. It froths the milk up just the way we like it nice and thick. For the price it's a gem better than the much more expensive brand I had that didn't deliver as well as the Expressi.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Unpredictable

I purchased one, which was ok but it eventually short circuited. So I bought a second one which is a little worse. It does something different every time. I always fill it to the correct line measurements and sometimes it's not enough milk so I have to top it up with cold milk and then microwave it, and sometimes it over froths and spills everywhere. I find it easier to just microwave my coffee now so I don't have to clean up the mess every morning.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Leigh
LeighGold Coast

Too Hot & Small Amount Milk

Bought this and then returned the next day, over cooks the milk not at the right temperature which is very important. Can only put a little amount of milk in canister if you want hot froth. it's not enough for a small coffee. You have to wait and let it cool down before you add more milk and froth for a second cup. Must be cleaned before you add more milk otherwise it burns the coffee.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

mistahd33
mistahd33Portland

A frother which appears to be designed not to last.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Peter R
Peter R

Good for the price

It's a very good option to start with budget, from Aldi. It does make a lot of foam for cappuccino, the bottom might be burned sometimes but doesn't really affect taste. The machine works fast, suitable for those on the go and still need a home brew in the morning.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Best coffee machines in 2020!

The awards for best coffee machines (manual/semi-automatic, capsule/coffee pod and fully automatic) of 2020 are here! View in-depth ratings for different aspects of the coffee machine, such as Milk Frothing and Cleaning & Maintenance.

Wendy Z.5 Nov 2019
best-coffee-machines-in-2020
NanaP
NanaPDalby, Qld

good product

Great product. For me it would be better if it heated 2 cups worth of milk but is a single cup, so that's fine. The small paddle does a better job for my preference. The whisk attachment creates a bit too much froth. Overall, very good product for the price.

Gadget man
Gadget man

Good product - value for money.

My original Aldi Frother died and because I was quite happy with it (lasted longer than more expensive Nespresso brand) my choice was easy. It is bigger than old one, easy to clean, so far no problem. Even if I have to replace it later (but I can't see why) it's so cheap I'm going to buy another one. Also 1 year warranty from Aldi no question asked is pretty good.

A solid, well designed product

Received the frother as a Christmas gift and in the 3 months of use so far it is doing well. Easy to clean and perfect for one cup of coffee. I use the small paddle so the milk is not over frothed and the frother works well with milk made from Woolworths Skim milk powder . Thanks for the heads up about the small paddle being easily lost down the sink drain. I always make sure it is removed before rinsing the unit. If you do manage to flush the paddle down the drain remember that most kitchen sinks have a removable trap under the sink and you may be able to retrieve it.

VicReviewer
VicReviewerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

If you like all froth and no milk, go for it

We have a Nespresso frother and bought the Aldi brand for our office. There is no comparison. The Aldi frother way overfroths so that you end up with half a cup of coffee and half a cup of froth. We have put it in the cupboard as a backup but will never use it.

Kazz37
Kazz37South East Queensland, QLD

Barely makes coffee for one...

Bought the frother from Aldi's in December. In the few months I have owned it, I probably made about 50 cups of coffee. 50 very little cups of coffee. While the unit looks like it could make a full cup, it barely froths up enough for one.

And today it stopped working... well it froths, but no heat.

From the beginning I was disappointed, mainly due to the capacity. Relatively easy to clean, adequate froth, fast heating although not quite hot enough, but needed to heat two batches to have any product of use. And now it doesn't work at all.

So I am back doing research to find something better.

Greg
GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best value and performance

Our Aldi milk frother has been so reliable for us. By comparison to our Nespresso frother, Aldi's has never had burn mark problems (not only Nespresso had this problem), it is half the price, and easier to clean.

For example, cleaning after frothing milk for latte, it is a rinse and wipe. Our Nespresso needs the impeller removed, with a fiddly cleaning exercise.

By the way we still use our Nespresso when we have many guests.

NSWGELLY
NSWGELLYNarooma

Waste of money

Can barely make enough milk for one cup of coffee, and over flows despite correct milk level. Basically it is garbage, I spent more time cleaning the kitchen after using this than actually drinking my coffee. This was clearly designed by an espresso drinker.

Spend your money on a plunger to froth your milk, easy less to go wrong.

Easy to use

Love it. Its easy to use and clean just wipe out with a wet cloth and rinse, but you do get milk stuck on the bottom. So have to wash between making each coffee this could be annoying if you are making more than one drink at a time. Would buy again

Kalv1uk
Kalv1ukMelbourne

Great- until it dies

Got this 6 months ago. Got the large 500ml version. I've never had a frother before but this is really good. Very easy to use, a small amount of burned milk on the base but easy to clean and very quiet, its also reasonably priced.

It died 6 months into use. Contacted the service people. They advised me all they could do is give me a refund and to check my local aldi. The larger ones are only available every 6 months, they've just come out and I tried three aldi's and all were out of stock. I'd buy again but don't need this hassle. Breville for me then....

Katrina B
Katrina BSouth Coast

Cheap and cheerful

Lee-Ann Stevens
Lee-Ann Stevens

Okay. Would like the milk to be hotter.

Easy to heat milk for coffee or hot chocolate. A bit difficult to wash as you can't submerge the product. I use a wash brush to clean the scalded milk off the bottom. It would be nice to have a slightly larger jug so I can heat enough milk for 2 coffees. Beware: don't loose the paddle when washing (it's small).

Maxc5
Maxc5Gippsland, VIC

Good priced frother

The expressi frother is at the lower end of frother pricing, but we have found that they last well for their price. It will froth latte and cappuccino milk well. A tip to keep the Teflon type surface from becoming more difficult to clean over time is to clean the burnt or coagulated milk off with a soft cloth, not a harsher scrubber, as once the surface becomes scuffed, the milk is always hard to clean off.

Froths but not heating the milk

Was good at start froths beautifully and heats the milk well but after 3 use.. Problems! it froths the milk but not heating it or would never work at all. Kept on blinking red on the heat sign but doesnt heat the milk or do any spinning. Just bought a week ago and will return this. Hopefully get a refund for my $27!

mandy
mandy

best milk frother

This is the fourth milk frother I have bought and is, by far, the best one. Even heats the milk properly. No other milk frother that I have used before has heated and frothed the milk like this one. And a great price. I highly recommend this one for at home and office use.

New milk forther

The new milk frother does not work as well as the old model. No froth to speak of and the milk is not creamy. The larger jug is a total waste of money. Milk not hot and no froth. Why doesn' Aldi addressed the problem given how many they sell.

smfzi
smfziSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works really well

Had it a couple of years now and it works really well to produce a nice thick froth. Occasionally it scales and you can't see the thin film on the floor of the non stick surface that stops it from frothing. But give it a scrub with some vinegar and away she goes again ! Indispensable !

Suem
SuemAU

Best on the market

Use this instead of the Nespresso Frother that came with the machine. Best Frother on the market as far as I can tell.

LATEST FROTHER MODEL IS TERRIBLE

We just purchased the latest frother, being the red coloured model.
We still have our original model from over 2 years ago.
As the reviews above mentioned, it doesnt froth anyway as well as the original for a latte.
ie using without the metal wisker. With the metal ring wisker it froths far too much, so that is not an option either.
Going to take back to Aldi as not satisfied. Very disapointed as we also purchased the latest red coloured Coffee machine & purchased the frother to go as a matching pair. Also suspect not spinning as fast as the original.

ExperiencedWoodsman
ExperiencedWoodsmanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

New model is practically useless. MMF-003-S (23/01/2015)

What good is a milk frother that barely froths enough milk for 1 caffe latte?
We bought this because some friends had the original one and it worked well. This one is smaller and always leaves a film of burnt milk on the bottom. Yes, it heats and froths milk. But unless I feel like making 1 baby-cino at a time I will never bother using it. Tomuch hassle and clean for such a small output.

mpats
mpatsAU

i have two, 500ml and 250ml frother / milk warmer - LOVE IT

I have no problems with either of my milk warmers / frothers - i use the large one at least 3 times a day for heating kids milk, no leaks and no issues.
I wish they would bring the large one back as i want to buy another for family
It works, its great
so far nothing wrong

Ilan Tirosh
Ilan Tiroshasked
Expressi Milk Frother (250ml, Handle)

My Frother stuck on BLUE (cold) How do you bring it back to hot?!

Darren
Darren asked
Expressi Milk Frother

Where can i can purchase this milk frother .
I am near Kawanna Shopping World shop

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Your nearest Kmart store

Nazeli
Nazeliasked
Expressi Milk Frother

How I can change cold to hot mode?

See all ALDI Expressi Milk Frother questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Expressi Milk Frother

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother is a 240mL electric milk frother sold for $29.99. You can fill it up to the first line for frothing, or the second line for heating milk.

Reviewers cited good value for money as the thing they liked most about this ALDI frother.

Many coffee drinkers reported that the frother worked well for a period of time (a few weeks, or up to six months) and then stopped working. Others said that the frothing function stopped working, while the milk warming function continued working fine.

Other reviewers were frustrated that even when they filled to the correct lines, frothed milk popped the lid off the machine, causing a mess.

One review entitled ‘short life span’ appreciated the low price, but didn’t appreciate that ‘I am on to my third unit in 3 months.’ There were quite a few reviewers who bought the product multiple times, but after the second or third time decided to stop.

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother's average rating, and the fact that opinion is divided fairly evenly between fans and detractors, could be due to the fact that true to ALDI's style, the product is continually discontinued. It's then re-introduced to the market on selected Special Buys dates (typically twice a year). This can make it difficult to keep up with any changing features, price and the overall quality of the product.

Compare all 5 ALDI Expressi Milk Frother
  • 31 Aug 2016
  • 10 May 2017
  • 6 Dec 2017
  • 2 May 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2017Mar 2014Nov 2015May 2020