ALDI Expressi Milk Frother

Greg

GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best value and performance

Our Aldi milk frother has been so reliable for us. By comparison to our Nespresso frother, Aldi's has never had burn mark problems (not only Nespresso had this problem), it is half the price, and easier to clean.

For example, cleaning after frothing milk for latte, it is a rinse and wipe. Our Nespresso needs the impeller removed, with a fiddly cleaning exercise.

By the way we still use our Nespresso when we have many guests.

NSWGELLY

NSWGELLYNarooma

Waste of money

Can barely make enough milk for one cup of coffee, and over flows despite correct milk level. Basically it is garbage, I spent more time cleaning the kitchen after using this than actually drinking my coffee. This was clearly designed by an espresso drinker.

Spend your money on a plunger to froth your milk, easy less to go wrong.

Easy to use

Love it. Its easy to use and clean just wipe out with a wet cloth and rinse, but you do get milk stuck on the bottom. So have to wash between making each coffee this could be annoying if you are making more than one drink at a time. Would buy again

Kalv1uk

Kalv1ukMelbourne

Great- until it dies

Got this 6 months ago. Got the large 500ml version. I've never had a frother before but this is really good. Very easy to use, a small amount of burned milk on the base but easy to clean and very quiet, its also reasonably priced.

It died 6 months into use. Contacted the service people. They advised me all they could do is give me a refund and to check my local aldi. The larger ones are only available every 6 months, they've just come out and I tried three aldi's and all were out of stock. I'd buy again but don't need this hassle. Breville for me then....

Katrina B

Katrina BSouth Coast

Cheap and cheerful

Lee-Ann Stevens

Lee-Ann Stevens

Okay. Would like the milk to be hotter.

Easy to heat milk for coffee or hot chocolate. A bit difficult to wash as you can't submerge the product. I use a wash brush to clean the scalded milk off the bottom. It would be nice to have a slightly larger jug so I can heat enough milk for 2 coffees. Beware: don't loose the paddle when washing (it's small).

Maxc5

Maxc5Gippsland, VIC

Good priced frother

The expressi frother is at the lower end of frother pricing, but we have found that they last well for their price. It will froth latte and cappuccino milk well. A tip to keep the Teflon type surface from becoming more difficult to clean over time is to clean the burnt or coagulated milk off with a soft cloth, not a harsher scrubber, as once the surface becomes scuffed, the milk is always hard to clean off.

Froths but not heating the milk

Was good at start froths beautifully and heats the milk well but after 3 use.. Problems! it froths the milk but not heating it or would never work at all. Kept on blinking red on the heat sign but doesnt heat the milk or do any spinning. Just bought a week ago and will return this. Hopefully get a refund for my $27!

mandy

mandy

best milk frother

This is the fourth milk frother I have bought and is, by far, the best one. Even heats the milk properly. No other milk frother that I have used before has heated and frothed the milk like this one. And a great price. I highly recommend this one for at home and office use.

New milk forther

The new milk frother does not work as well as the old model. No froth to speak of and the milk is not creamy. The larger jug is a total waste of money. Milk not hot and no froth. Why doesn' Aldi addressed the problem given how many they sell.

smfzi

smfziSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works really well

Had it a couple of years now and it works really well to produce a nice thick froth. Occasionally it scales and you can't see the thin film on the floor of the non stick surface that stops it from frothing. But give it a scrub with some vinegar and away she goes again ! Indispensable !

Suem

SuemAU

Best on the market

Use this instead of the Nespresso Frother that came with the machine. Best Frother on the market as far as I can tell.

LATEST FROTHER MODEL IS TERRIBLE

We just purchased the latest frother, being the red coloured model.
We still have our original model from over 2 years ago.
As the reviews above mentioned, it doesnt froth anyway as well as the original for a latte.
ie using without the metal wisker. With the metal ring wisker it froths far too much, so that is not an option either.
Going to take back to Aldi as not satisfied. Very disapointed as we also purchased the latest red coloured Coffee machine & purchased the frother to go as a matching pair. Also suspect not spinning as fast as the original.

ExperiencedWoodsman

ExperiencedWoodsmanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

New model is practically useless. MMF-003-S (23/01/2015)

What good is a milk frother that barely froths enough milk for 1 caffe latte?
We bought this because some friends had the original one and it worked well. This one is smaller and always leaves a film of burnt milk on the bottom. Yes, it heats and froths milk. But unless I feel like making 1 baby-cino at a time I will never bother using it. Tomuch hassle and clean for such a small output.

mpats

mpatsAU

i have two, 500ml and 250ml frother / milk warmer - LOVE IT

I have no problems with either of my milk warmers / frothers - i use the large one at least 3 times a day for heating kids milk, no leaks and no issues.
I wish they would bring the large one back as i want to buy another for family
It works, its great
so far nothing wrong

Disappointing New Model Milk Frother

I am very disappointed in the new model milk frother as it does not froth the milk nearly as well as the previous model. What is the point of having a frother that does not really froth? If I wanted a flat white,which I didn't, I would have put the milk in the microwave.
I LIKED the previous model
It does not froth properly. I can hear the motor does not run as quickly as the previous model, thus the paddle not spinning as quickly and therefore not frothing the milk propely

ScorpioNew South Wales

FABULOUS FLUFFY FROTHER

I LOVE this frother. I can make my coffee exactly the way I like it, not like the cafes who skimp on the lovely fluffy froth. Now wishing I had bought the Expressi Pod machine to go with the frother - so many varieties of pods!! Haven't had any of the problems of the other reviewers yet.
Perfect froth!
Nothing

Scorpio

Oh oh......fab frother was doing so well, until yesterday when it kept tripping my electricity. Of course I can't find the receipt from Aldi.........

Scorpio

Took the frother back to Aldi and they replaced it on the spot - no fuss - even without a receipt. Thank you Aldi!!!!!!

raywst

raywst

Disappointment Product and Customer Services

It was working well until a year and then it died off.
It was unable froth.
Managed to contact Tempo for a refund. However, the representative took down an incorrect account details.
Therefore never received the refund. I have been contacting them since March 2014 to rectify the issue but have always been told that it is awaiting for manager to approve the payment.
The manager must be sleeping in the job. It is June 2014 now and no news of the refund despite many calls to them.
Frothing at a budget price
Won't last long. Can't expect for that price. Poor customer service and slow with response on refund

SpringLake

SpringLakeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Surprisingly disappointed in this product

I bought this three days ago! It worked once then it started to leak milk from the bottom! Will be returning and getting a refund! Have found cheaper frothers that have great reviews - this cost me $27! yikes! Would not recommend and concerned about safety issues. Will be returning back to store
Automatically turns off. Cordless
Leaks milk from the bottom onto the vase! Very dangerous!

darfvaderVictoria, Australia

Great machine but requires simple modification.

It's a frother!!!!

darfvader

Exactly.....It's a frother....not a shaving cream maker -___-

I LIKE shaving cream!!!!

See all ALDI Expressi Milk Frother reviews

Vicki C.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

I have lost the little frothier attachment. Where can I buy a replacement. Thanks

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

What did the service number advise?

I found a pack of 6 frothers and bought them. Thanks

Maree K.

Maree K.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

I cannot get my milk frother to work does it run on batteries?

Deanne

Deanneasked

Expressi Milk Frother

My aldi milk frother has turned to cold how to I turn it back to warming the milk?

Simon
Simon

You don't, it's the default setting just press the button.

Rod D
Rod D

Mine goes straight in to cold when I turn it on. How do I stop it and get it back to hot?

David
David

Mine seems to be stuck on cold too. How do you reset it?

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother is a 240mL electric milk frother sold for $29.99. You can fill it up to the first line for frothing, or the second line for heating milk.

Reviewers cited good value for money as the thing they liked most about this ALDI frother.

Many coffee drinkers reported that the frother worked well for a period of time (a few weeks, or up to six months) and then stopped working. Others said that the frothing function stopped working, while the milk warming function continued working fine.

Other reviewers were frustrated that even when they filled to the correct lines, frothed milk popped the lid off the machine, causing a mess.

One review entitled ‘short life span’ appreciated the low price, but didn’t appreciate that ‘I am on to my third unit in 3 months.’ There were quite a few reviewers who bought the product multiple times, but after the second or third time decided to stop.

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother's average rating, and the fact that opinion is divided fairly evenly between fans and detractors, could be due to the fact that true to ALDI's style, the product is continually discontinued. It's then re-introduced to the market on selected Special Buys dates (typically twice a year). This can make it difficult to keep up with any changing features, price and the overall quality of the product.

Compare all 5 ALDI Expressi Milk Frother
  • 31 Aug 2016
  • 10 May 2017
  • 6 Dec 2017
  • 2 May 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2017Mar 2014Nov 2015May 2020