Jamie T.

Jamie T.Sydney, NSW

I shouldn’t have been so cheap

I bought this frother in silver in Aug 2020. When I use it, it frothes way too much, so I can’t get enough milk into my cup. Even with the lid on, it spills out. So I thought if I take it off early, then I could get a balance of milk and froth. But if I take it off early, the milk is cold. Then I put more milk over the max froth level to see if I can get milk and froth. But it overflows (even though still under warming max) and doesn’t heat up enough! I wash it after every use. It has been 2 weeks of daily use. And I just have to settle for cooler coffee before I find another frother.

Purchased in August 2020 at ALDI for A$29.00.

Stopped working in one month

I purchased this from Aldi, but the heating element stopped functioning in one month. Worked fine until then! I have the warranty certificate, have notified manufacturer, but they are yet to offer me a replacement.

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for A$29.99.

theGirl

theGirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stops working well after a few goes

I thought for the price I’d give this a go.

While it doesn’t froth much milk at a time, I figured it would be fine for me as I live alone.

It worked amazing the first two times. I made sure I followed the instructions, only filling to the max line for frothing (I’m fully aware there is another higher max line for heating only). But on the third and fourth attempts the jug lid leaks.

I’ve double checked it’s on properly and on the right way. I’ve tried putting in less milk than the suggested max line. But it still spills out all over the counter.

I just use it now to heat the milk. Which is a little annoying as I love a frothy top!

Not a complete waste of money, but doesn’t do what it says it does.

Purchased in June 2020 at ALDI for A$29.99.

Moks

MoksGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

You get what you pay for!

I bought this from ladi. You need to do 2 or more cycles for it to heat up a Milk. It still work for me as I have solar power but the waiting time is a pain:-(

Purchase: December 2019

shopper

shopperBendigo

Don't bother

Doenst make the milk hot enough but it does make a huge mess. It makes so much froth that it explodes, the lid doesn't contain it. Look for another brand.

We have had two and they last about a year

I was given my first frother that someone never used. We had it about a year and it just stopped. We got a second and tested the new one on the old base and it worked, so the base wasn't the issue. After a year of using the new one, it quit too, same problem with the pitcher. Break once shame on you, break twice, shame on me... NOT getting a third strike

Purchased in October 2018 for A$45.00.

Yo H.

Yo H.Sydney, NSW

Cut my finger while handwashing this item.

This mill frother has stainless body and rim with very sharp edges on the rim. The build quality is sub par. I have cut my finger like a knife would just hand washing this item.

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI for A$29.00.

Victoria

VictoriaNewcastle

Short life span

I loved this frother it’s great for the price however I am on to my third unit in 3 months. I have been following all cleaning directions and never getting it wet. Only issue I can think is we use it on average 3 times a day but really that shouldn’t be an issue.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Bradb

BradbSydney, NSW

Leaks through seal on lid every time

Even with milk at the minimum level as soon as it heats up the milk pours out through the seal on the lid. Have attempted to hold it on with no change still leaks. Heats the milk fine and froth but by the time it finished heating there is hardly enough milk left due to the lid leaking.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

FNQ

FNQAU

Don't bother!!

Where do I start, bad design, completely unpredictable, doesn't matter what I do I end up with milk all over the bench. Doesn't even froth properly, not worth buying it.
I thought it's me not using it properly but after my husband failed as well while reading the instructions I'm sure the frother is ready for rubbish.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Unpredictable

I purchased one, which was ok but it eventually short circuited. So I bought a second one which is a little worse. It does something different every time. I always fill it to the correct line measurements and sometimes it's not enough milk so I have to top it up with cold milk and then microwave it, and sometimes it over froths and spills everywhere. I find it easier to just microwave my coffee now so I don't have to clean up the mess every morning.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
mistahd33

mistahd33Portland

A frother which appears to be designed not to last.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
VicReviewer

VicReviewerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

If you like all froth and no milk, go for it

We have a Nespresso frother and bought the Aldi brand for our office. There is no comparison. The Aldi frother way overfroths so that you end up with half a cup of coffee and half a cup of froth. We have put it in the cupboard as a backup but will never use it.

Kazz37

Kazz37South East Queensland, QLD

Barely makes coffee for one...

Bought the frother from Aldi's in December. In the few months I have owned it, I probably made about 50 cups of coffee. 50 very little cups of coffee. While the unit looks like it could make a full cup, it barely froths up enough for one.

And today it stopped working... well it froths, but no heat.

From the beginning I was disappointed, mainly due to the capacity. Relatively easy to clean, adequate froth, fast heating although not quite hot enough, but needed to heat two batches to have any product of use. And now it doesn't work at all.

So I am back doing research to find something better.

Kalv1uk

Kalv1ukMelbourne

Great- until it dies

Got this 6 months ago. Got the large 500ml version. I've never had a frother before but this is really good. Very easy to use, a small amount of burned milk on the base but easy to clean and very quiet, its also reasonably priced.

It died 6 months into use. Contacted the service people. They advised me all they could do is give me a refund and to check my local aldi. The larger ones are only available every 6 months, they've just come out and I tried three aldi's and all were out of stock. I'd buy again but don't need this hassle. Breville for me then....

Find out how ALDI Expressi Milk Frother compares to other Milk Frothers

Froths but not heating the milk

Was good at start froths beautifully and heats the milk well but after 3 use.. Problems! it froths the milk but not heating it or would never work at all. Kept on blinking red on the heat sign but doesnt heat the milk or do any spinning. Just bought a week ago and will return this. Hopefully get a refund for my $27!

ExperiencedWoodsman

ExperiencedWoodsmanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

New model is practically useless. MMF-003-S (23/01/2015)

What good is a milk frother that barely froths enough milk for 1 caffe latte?
We bought this because some friends had the original one and it worked well. This one is smaller and always leaves a film of burnt milk on the bottom. Yes, it heats and froths milk. But unless I feel like making 1 baby-cino at a time I will never bother using it. Tomuch hassle and clean for such a small output.

Disappointing New Model Milk Frother

I am very disappointed in the new model milk frother as it does not froth the milk nearly as well as the previous model. What is the point of having a frother that does not really froth? If I wanted a flat white,which I didn't, I would have put the milk in the microwave.
I LIKED the previous model
It does not froth properly. I can hear the motor does not run as quickly as the previous model, thus the paddle not spinning as quickly and therefore not frothing the milk propely

Lisa

LisaSydney

Sadly, not worth the money.

I bought an Expressi coffee machine 6 months ago and am very happy with it. Sadly the milk frother doesn't keep up. I bought one that lasted a week...second one lasted a month. Aldi are fantastic for exchanges/refunds, just make sure you hang onto the receipt! I am back to heating my milk in the microwave, and think I will just stick with that.
At first it works great!
Stopped working with only regular use.

sheena1747

sheena1747AU

not worth the hassle

I don't like too much milk in my coffee, but I found it hard to clean properly and the little bit on the bottom falls out easily, I saved it a few times from going down the drain. I find heating the milk in the cup in a microwave before making the coffee gives me a rich creamy coffee..... much nicer...
warmed the milk
hard to clean.. easy to lose parts.

darfvader
darfvader
See all ALDI Expressi Milk Frother reviews

Deanne

Deanneasked

Expressi Milk Frother

My aldi milk frother has turned to cold how to I turn it back to warming the milk?

Simon

You don't, it's the default setting just press the button.

Rod D
Rod D

Mine goes straight in to cold when I turn it on. How do I stop it and get it back to hot?

David
David

Mine seems to be stuck on cold too. How do you reset it?

Marie D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

Love this frother, have used for over 2 years daily. But cant work out how to switch between hot and cold. Any suggestions

Simon

Hi, for cold you just need to press the button in for a bit longer.

Marie D.

Simon, thank you ...until today I didnt know you could do cold..haha. I thought it was broken.

Nada D.

Nada D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

I would like to replace the rubber seal on my frother. Where can I buy one?

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother is a 240mL electric milk frother sold for $29.99. You can fill it up to the first line for frothing, or the second line for heating milk.

Reviewers cited good value for money as the thing they liked most about this ALDI frother.

Many coffee drinkers reported that the frother worked well for a period of time (a few weeks, or up to six months) and then stopped working. Others said that the frothing function stopped working, while the milk warming function continued working fine.

Other reviewers were frustrated that even when they filled to the correct lines, frothed milk popped the lid off the machine, causing a mess.

One review entitled ‘short life span’ appreciated the low price, but didn’t appreciate that ‘I am on to my third unit in 3 months.’ There were quite a few reviewers who bought the product multiple times, but after the second or third time decided to stop.

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother's average rating, and the fact that opinion is divided fairly evenly between fans and detractors, could be due to the fact that true to ALDI's style, the product is continually discontinued. It's then re-introduced to the market on selected Special Buys dates (typically twice a year). This can make it difficult to keep up with any changing features, price and the overall quality of the product.

Compare all 5 ALDI Expressi Milk Frother
  • 31 Aug 2016
  • 10 May 2017
  • 6 Dec 2017
  • 2 May 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2017Mar 2014Nov 2015May 2020