Janet

JanetSydney, NSW

Easy to use, but short lifespan

Very reasonably priced at just under $ 30, easy to use & clean. I tend to use it for heating milk only, but not the frothing option. I mainly use on weekends when not in such a rush before work. However I’ve just purchased my 3rd Expressi milk frother in 3 years, as they just stop working for some reason. Luckily I always keep receipts & there is a 3 year warranty

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for A$29.99.

SFB

SFBSprington SA

Disappointed

Bought this milk frothing jug some months ago, I was disappointed because I prefer my milk to be “hot”.. the temperature seems too low for my taste, but the rest of my family & their kids love it! Can’t complain about the froth, it’s great!! My grandies all love hot chocolate so this particular item gets a good workout when ever they visit.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Lisa L

Lisa LSydney

Cheap milk frother

Cheap milk frother. Using the paddle attachment supplies the milk is not the foamy. Using the whisk attachment, milk is too frothy. Not much a in between. Easy to clean, just be careful you don't lose the attachment in the sink. Does the job if just want a warm milk with no hassle to make your coffee a little extra.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Milk Frothers

Find out how ALDI Expressi Milk Frother compares to other Milk Frothers

Steven

StevenMelbourne, Victoria

Why is the surface so sticky and hard to clean?

This thing froths well... maybe too well - your coffee will be extremely foamy. But cleaning this thing is a pain compared to other frothers. Milk sticks to this thing so hard that its not worth using. It is a black teflon surface but this seems to do more bad than good.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
MrsK

MrsKSydney, NSW

It's not bad, but should have spent a bit more on a better one

This is the second one bought from Aldi. Our first one lasted about a year when it simply would not work and milk would get stuck onto metal coating all the time which was hard to scrape off. I think the model was improved as this no longer happens, but after comparing it to a more expensive brand that a friend has I've realised it's pretty average as it never seems to froth the milk entirely. Disappointing, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

RonnyCravenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Usual Aldi Shortfalls

I am moved to write this as our fourth unit has just thrown in the towel. The first two failed within warranty so presumably the "technicians" at Aldi have got them to last longer than the 12 months with the last two. It's a pity because it is very good for the price and the only downside, apart from the short life, is as mentioned the sticking of milk to a hotspot. As I write I am frother-less and trying to decide if the convenience of another Aldi one overrides shopping around. After all, these things are only a "cheat" way of getting proper steamed milk. If I opt for Aldi I will get back with a timescale when it inevitably fails.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Gribs

GribsAU

Ok

Works well, but have had 2 now and both had the milk sticking to the bottom after only a few uses. Otherwise it works as intended and froths the milk beautifully.Temperature could come out a little on the hotter side. I would recommend to others, good value for the price.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Nat

NatAU

A bit too small to make more than one coffee froth at a time!

This is a pretty good milk frother in that it works well and is quiet compared to our last one. The problem I have is that it overflows if filled too high so I only keep it at a small amount; just enough for one coffee. This slows down my coffees for guests if making for a few people! I probably wouldn't buy this product again for that reason.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Peter R

Peter R

Good for the price

It's a very good option to start with budget, from Aldi. It does make a lot of foam for cappuccino, the bottom might be burned sometimes but doesn't really affect taste. The machine works fast, suitable for those on the go and still need a home brew in the morning.

Milk Frothers

Find out how ALDI Expressi Milk Frother compares to other Milk Frothers

Not heathing the milk

Everything is O.K. only the temperature of the milk, is yust worm. On the instruction manual dont said how to heat the milk or give any hint to solve the problem.If you have to heat the milk before put it to the frother, the machin be come useless and frustrathing.
It work fast whith the frost

sony.camera.16
sony.camera.16

Yes, the same problem that I'm experiencing, it doesn't heat the milk enough for a hot coffee. Come on Aldi, fix the problem!

brijess

brijess

Makes a good froth when it works correctly

trud

trudAU

Makes for only 1 cup!

While this is a cheaper version of the Nespresso milk warmer, it max level is low so you can spend a lot of time frothing milk when you make more than 1 cup. The froth though is nice but you can't froth and have hot milk at the same time which you can with the Nespresso warmer.
Cheaper than others
Can only make milk for one cup at a time.

Jeja

JejaNSW, 2217

It broke on on 8th or 9th use :-(

Alex74

Alex74AU

Does the job

After seeing positive reviews for this I decided to buy one and give it a go, after my 5 yr old Nespresso frother died, as it's about a 1/5th of the price! But was quickly dissapointed in comparison and now know that you get what you pay for. Although it worked fine the major flaw for me was that the consistency of the milk froth was not how it should be which spoiled the whole coffee experience. I ended up buying another Nespresso brand.
Very cheap, looks nice.
Thick and whipped like consistency, froth is stiff and difficult to pour out then drink as it doesn't mix in well with the coffee and you end up with 1/3 cup of froth still sitting in the bottom after finishing it.Takes a while to heat/froth up and it's a bit bulky.

Annie42
Annie42
See all ALDI Expressi Milk Frother reviews

Deanne

Deanneasked

Expressi Milk Frother

My aldi milk frother has turned to cold how to I turn it back to warming the milk?

Simon

You don't, it's the default setting just press the button.

Rod D
Rod D

Mine goes straight in to cold when I turn it on. How do I stop it and get it back to hot?

David
David

Mine seems to be stuck on cold too. How do you reset it?

Marie D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

Love this frother, have used for over 2 years daily. But cant work out how to switch between hot and cold. Any suggestions

Simon

Hi, for cold you just need to press the button in for a bit longer.

Marie D.

Simon, thank you ...until today I didnt know you could do cold..haha. I thought it was broken.

Nada D.

Nada D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

I would like to replace the rubber seal on my frother. Where can I buy one?

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother is a 240mL electric milk frother sold for $29.99. You can fill it up to the first line for frothing, or the second line for heating milk.

Reviewers cited good value for money as the thing they liked most about this ALDI frother.

Many coffee drinkers reported that the frother worked well for a period of time (a few weeks, or up to six months) and then stopped working. Others said that the frothing function stopped working, while the milk warming function continued working fine.

Other reviewers were frustrated that even when they filled to the correct lines, frothed milk popped the lid off the machine, causing a mess.

One review entitled ‘short life span’ appreciated the low price, but didn’t appreciate that ‘I am on to my third unit in 3 months.’ There were quite a few reviewers who bought the product multiple times, but after the second or third time decided to stop.

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother's average rating, and the fact that opinion is divided fairly evenly between fans and detractors, could be due to the fact that true to ALDI's style, the product is continually discontinued. It's then re-introduced to the market on selected Special Buys dates (typically twice a year). This can make it difficult to keep up with any changing features, price and the overall quality of the product.

Compare all 5 ALDI Expressi Milk Frother
  • 31 Aug 2016
  • 10 May 2017
  • 6 Dec 2017
  • 2 May 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2017Mar 2014Nov 2015May 2020