Carol Downing

Carol DowningCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good little product

I have owned the older model for a couple of years and love it. Does a great job and I would buy again. I have not tried the new design though....

Purchased in May 2018 at ALDI for A$24.99.

Peter

Peter

makes a good froth for a good coffee

Glad I never read some of these reviews - produced great froth to a nice drinkable (hot) temperature. Seemed easy to clean - don't know about longevity yet but very happy overall.

Purchased at ALDI.

Dee

DeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good product

Initially did not froth but i changed from almond Milk to full Cream milk. Which makes sense because water would not froth so the milk had to have some substance.
Might be worth experimenting with different types of milk.

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI for A$29.99.

J9

J9Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quick and easy to use & clean

Date PurchasedApr 2018
jazzgirl

jazzgirlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

good frother for the price

bought this in jan18 and used it for approx. 2 months. It does a really good job of frothing milk with the frothing attachment and good froth from the other attachment for latte. What I don't like about it is it's a pain to clean. The milk has a tendency to burn on the bottom which doesn't affect the taste but cleaning is not easy. I also don't like that you can only make enough for 1 coffee at a time which is not good when you have guests as you need to allow a few minutes in between frothing. I bought an adesso frother which is way better and my aldi frother has been put away in the cupboard.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
GeoffW1

GeoffW1Sydney, NSW

Long term review is good

I've had one of these from Aldi a few years now, and while I don't use it every week, it has lasted well and done a good job. I use the smaller beater, the one without spring, and fill it to the upper mark. The only slight criticism I'd make is that it doesn't heat quite enough, but I get around that by preheating the mug.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Ron Bennetts

Ron BennettsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Its a great value option to upgrade your morning

Never a big fan of plain long white coffee until this. Nice finish, stylish looks, functions.

One button, two options. Quick press to froth/heat, Long press to froth without heat. Getting the initial level right is key, always use the lid as it WILL spray milk everywhere. The springy frother (cappuccino) lives in the draw, the paddle works well for a nice latte.

Cleaning is a pain though. The heater element leaves a film on the bottom of the reservoir, which needs to be removed before re-use. I've taken to using a paper towel after a quick water rinse, picks up the milk solids and leaves clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Mr john citizen

Mr john citizenMelbourne

Not a bad frother- however.....

Very in depth review of the Aldi Milk frother-
I had similar results to this reviewer on youtube- a nice foth although not a s creamy as a high end krups machine i used to have.
it would pay to set your milk level at in between min and max - otherwise you will get overflow dependant upon the seasonality of the milk ( froths at different rates during the year) havent tested it with low fat milk- only used normal milk- which is what normal people tend to use. Skim milk is for the mentally challenged.!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
ClareEllen

ClareEllen

Great Xmas present

I have had no issues whatsoever with my machine. Heats and froths the milk such that it looks like snow in top of my coffee or hot choc. I think it's enough for 2 cups but have to admit to adding a little cold milk first as i find too hot milk and water burns coffee. Not sure of the price as it was a gift but i love it !

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Wendy

WendySouth East Queensland, QLD

Does the job.

Purchased a milk frother with our aldi coffee machine. It it pretty good - although only does two smaller cups of coffee or one larger cup at a time. I think you can buy a larger version if needed (although not sure this is available all the time).
This is the second one we have brought - and our first one lasted a few years. We only replaced it as we noticed it was getting a little harder to clean (ie. the non-stick surface was becoming slightly more sticky) - not because it had broken.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Ali

Ali

Quick n Easy

First of all at this prince point this is the best. I had to return it twice and I have to say that Aldi customer service was good. At least in my case they happily replaced it for the first time and refunded my money the second time. I never had overflow issues (i dont use spring for frothing so cant say how it works in that scenario). I just pay for itself within a week if you drink coffee everyday.

So why not give it a try when you can rerun it something bad happens.

Tip: Make sure you dont wash the bottom of the jug.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Ashr

AshrBrisbane

So easy to use

I love my Aldi milk frother and it's so easy to use and clean. It's Much more affordable then other ranges I looked at- I have misplaced one of the small parts however which I don't think can be purchased individually so I'm limited to what I can do now.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
JJ!

JJ!Frankston South

Perfect cup of coffee at home!

really great, milk is at perfect temperature. However only heats 1cup of milk at a time and needs to be cleaned between uses as milk burns to the bottom. Also only good if drinking coffee straight away, milk is at perfect temp so you can't walk away, its great to force me to sit and enjoy my coffee. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Carol

CarolSouth East Queensland, QLD

Aldi Expressi Mild Frother

I find it a bit hard to clean and it doesnt take much milk so if u are making a few cups at a time u have to clean it before u put more milk, as it sticks to the botttom, but it does makes coffee taste much better with milker, than pouring ordinary milk in

Date PurchasedMay 2017
scottt

scotttGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Value

This frother won't give you cafe quality latte art but it is great for such a cheap price. With the spring attachment it makes the milk foamy rather than frothy so like other reviewers I find the smaller paddle more effective for coffee as it thickens the milk a little bit while heating. Where this thing does excel is for big foamy kids drinks. It is especially good at whipping up cold milk for iced chocolates. We have used ours several times a week for a few months with no problems.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Leigh

LeighBrisbane

Has been very reliable

I have been using this pretty much daily for over 4 years. I also never use the whisk attachment, but have occasionally had overflow (but that's because I've overfilled it!). Sadly it has just died and unfortunately the after sales service can't do much for me as it's out of warranty. If I can't find a way to fix it I'll be in the market for a new one and would definitely consider getting this one again.

Date PurchasedJan 2013
NanaP

NanaPDalby, Qld

good product

Great product. For me it would be better if it heated 2 cups worth of milk but is a single cup, so that's fine. The small paddle does a better job for my preference. The whisk attachment creates a bit too much froth. Overall, very good product for the price.

A solid, well designed product

Received the frother as a Christmas gift and in the 3 months of use so far it is doing well. Easy to clean and perfect for one cup of coffee. I use the small paddle so the milk is not over frothed and the frother works well with milk made from Woolworths Skim milk powder . Thanks for the heads up about the small paddle being easily lost down the sink drain. I always make sure it is removed before rinsing the unit. If you do manage to flush the paddle down the drain remember that most kitchen sinks have a removable trap under the sink and you may be able to retrieve it.

Easy to use

Love it. Its easy to use and clean just wipe out with a wet cloth and rinse, but you do get milk stuck on the bottom. So have to wash between making each coffee this could be annoying if you are making more than one drink at a time. Would buy again

Katrina B

Katrina BSouth Coast

Cheap and cheerful

See all ALDI Expressi Milk Frother reviews

Deanne

Deanneasked

Expressi Milk Frother

My aldi milk frother has turned to cold how to I turn it back to warming the milk?

Simon

You don't, it's the default setting just press the button.

Rod D
Rod D

Mine goes straight in to cold when I turn it on. How do I stop it and get it back to hot?

David
David

Mine seems to be stuck on cold too. How do you reset it?

Marie D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

Love this frother, have used for over 2 years daily. But cant work out how to switch between hot and cold. Any suggestions

Simon

Hi, for cold you just need to press the button in for a bit longer.

Marie D.

Simon, thank you ...until today I didnt know you could do cold..haha. I thought it was broken.

Nada D.

Nada D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

I would like to replace the rubber seal on my frother. Where can I buy one?

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother is a 240mL electric milk frother sold for $29.99. You can fill it up to the first line for frothing, or the second line for heating milk.

Reviewers cited good value for money as the thing they liked most about this ALDI frother.

Many coffee drinkers reported that the frother worked well for a period of time (a few weeks, or up to six months) and then stopped working. Others said that the frothing function stopped working, while the milk warming function continued working fine.

Other reviewers were frustrated that even when they filled to the correct lines, frothed milk popped the lid off the machine, causing a mess.

One review entitled ‘short life span’ appreciated the low price, but didn’t appreciate that ‘I am on to my third unit in 3 months.’ There were quite a few reviewers who bought the product multiple times, but after the second or third time decided to stop.

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother's average rating, and the fact that opinion is divided fairly evenly between fans and detractors, could be due to the fact that true to ALDI's style, the product is continually discontinued. It's then re-introduced to the market on selected Special Buys dates (typically twice a year). This can make it difficult to keep up with any changing features, price and the overall quality of the product.

Compare all 5 ALDI Expressi Milk Frother
  • 31 Aug 2016
  • 10 May 2017
  • 6 Dec 2017
  • 2 May 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2017Mar 2014Nov 2015May 2020