SimonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't fault it!

Bought an ALDI Expressi coffee machine and milk frother from ALDI in September 2020. The frother works well, just add the required amount of milk, push the button and let it do its thing. It does hot or cold froth, nice and creamy, the hot function is hot enough for coffee, easy to clean, just wipe and rinse. As the manufacturer states on product don't submerge in water. This one appears to be an updated version compared to the one in the other reviews. If you have friends over you'll need to allow a minute between multiple uses for it to cool down or the thermostat shuts it down momentarily.

Purchased in September 2020 at Nambour for A$29.00.

Dawn W.

Dawn W.Perth, WA

Not understanding all these negative reviews

My frother using the small disc makes a perfect milk for two perfect coffees every morning. The big round one did make a mess is if I filled to max line but on minimum line made nice but very frothy milk with no mess. If it only lasts a year its vecause it only cosr $39 so i would just buy another one. Also it only burns if you don't wash it EVERY time. I dont understand everyone's problem

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI for A$39.00.

Roger

RogerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Take care of it and it'll deliver

It's a lot cheaper than the $179 alternative I was looking at. Read the manual, it's very clear that it needs a good clean after each "action". So follow the instructions and it delivers each time. Personally I think it creates a little bit too much froth and I'd like a bit more heat but for the money, I'm really happy.

Purchased in March 2020 at ALDI for A$29.99.

Katho

KathoAU

No complaints

I really like this milk frother. I purchased the Kmart brand and it stopped working after about half a dozen times of using it. So far the Aldi frother has been great and I've had no issues with it. It heats the milk perfect for my liking and is very easy to clean.

Purchased in June 2019 at ALDI for A$30.00.

Alwaysinthekitchen

AlwaysinthekitchenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Exceptional amount of froth Simple to use!

Not sure how the people leaving bad reviews are using this but it works perfectly..maybe too much froth not enough milk.very straight forward instructions that i recommend people actually read before using..but im pretty happy with this machine so far. 3 year warranty. So ill just replace it if need be.. i am winning i think!

Purchased in August 2019 at Aldi for A$29.99.

Jas

JasLiverpool

Best in the market at such a good price.

Can’t live without it!!!!!! The people that are saying it only warms milk and doesn’t froth aren’t using the product correctly. You have to click the black little spinner into the milk frother jug so that it has something to froth with. It’s on the instructions!!! Once you get it I promise you will fall in love with this product! Morning coffees have never been the same.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Glenda

GlendaDepot Hill

Perfect, can't live without it!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Musabbir Khan

Musabbir Khan

Amazing value for money, use every day without issue.

This device is perfect at what it claims to do, if used according to the manual there is no issues whatsoever with the operation of this product. It has many useful features and is definitely worth the asking price.

The frothing is consistently good and it can even froth cold.

Shandi

ShandiAU

Good value and excellent machine

I have now owned this frother for about 4 years, it still works perfectly every time. I am very happy with it. I have recently purchased a new coffee maker, which came with a frother, it is a brand name, and is about 4 times more expensive, and it is totally worse. Yes the lid can leak, (put in less milk), and yes the milk can stick to the bottom, (clean it out, no hassle) The expensive version has all the same negatives plus some of its own. So all in all, I would choose the cheaper Aldi frother.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Wendy M

Wendy MSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love this milk frother! Thanks Aldi.

This milk frother is perfect for 1 person / cup of coffee. It warms and froths just lightly after one press of the button. If you prefer very warm/hot milk, you may want to zap it before or after but I find after 2 cycles, its perfectly warm and beautifully frothy. It's easy to clean thanks to the non-stick surface inside - and it should be cleaned after every use because there is a milk scum left on the surface after heating. Never over fill past the max frothing line (like I did) or, despite the rubber seal lid, the milk will froth up under the seal through the spout on the jug. No complaints about this little beauty!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Brooke

BrookeSouth Australia

Awesome

I was all prepared to purchase an expensive milk frother when I came across this one for $28. I thought why not give it a try for that price. It’s amazing it froths and heats the milk to anyone’s liking, it’s whisper quiet and very easy to operate and clean. It’ll have your milk warmed and frothed before a full kettle has boiled. There are options to just warm the milk, not warm the frothing milk and to choose the amount of froth. I could not recommend this product enough :)

CaroS

CaroSBrisbane

So easy to use and great for soy and regular milk

The Expressi Milk Frother is easy to use and clean. Filled to the max level, it makes a perfect mug of coffee in conjunction with the Expressi Coffee machine. I always get the milk warming first as it takes a bit longer than the coffee machine's operation time.

For ease of cleaning, I always run cold water in it to cool the base heating plate and the milk residue wipes off with little effort.

Richard Thompson

Richard Thompson

Great unit & works well

Great unit. Must read instructions and not overfill. Must be wiped out, not just rinsed under tap. Very easy to clean. Even run unit on small inverter in caravan 600w. Very good value for money. Instructions read that heats to 65deg & tested it with coffee machine thermometer & pretty close 63deg.

mj5

mj5Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Aldi Milk Frother

When we bought our Coffee maker the frother was included in the pack we have over used the coffee maker but this little milk frother is still going strong, I have just gone to buy and machine and saw that you can buy the frother on it's own, so no coffee machine came home just the Frother and it is great for a late night warm milk or a milk Coffee can't get passed it and it is cheap for $20 a good buy even for that little gift for someone who may need a pick me up. Aldi has some excellent products and stands buy them as well. Do Try It.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Kerryn

Kerryn

Reliable and consistent

We purchased ours 4 years ago . Hasnt missed a beat Delivers consistently frothy milk always at the same temperature. We find the paddle delivers enough froth and dont use the whisk at all. No overflow problem with ours. We take ours camping and away on holidays even for just a weekend. Coupled with our caffitaly pod machine we get consistently good coffee. We do look after it though cleaning it and not letting milk or water sit in it. We have just lost the lid on ours after camping. Reading reviews on other frothers and have decided that we'll stick with the exspressi!

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Great item

This frother is perfect -bought this a week ago and we haven't stop using it. It froths the milk up just the way we like it nice and thick. For the price it's a gem better than the much more expensive brand I had that didn't deliver as well as the Expressi.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Jewels

JewelsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Expressi Milk Frother... Big thumbs UP!

I love the Expressi Milk Frother from Aldi.. I have read other people complain that the frother ( the attachment with the coil) froths to much, um hello! its a frother ?? I think its fine. Admittedly I rarely use the coil attachment and stick to the small paddle which also gives the perfect amount of froth for a Latte. I received 2 of the little paddle attachments which was a bonus :) .. I haven't used cows milk as I don't drink it, but so far it's great with Aldi organic soy and Vitasoy oat milk. Over all it was a snazzy little purchase for $27 & matches perfectly with the Expressi coffee machine. Happy customer.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Gadget man

Gadget man

Good product - value for money.

My original Aldi Frother died and because I was quite happy with it (lasted longer than more expensive Nespresso brand) my choice was easy. It is bigger than old one, easy to clean, so far no problem. Even if I have to replace it later (but I can't see why) it's so cheap I'm going to buy another one. Also 1 year warranty from Aldi no question asked is pretty good.

Greg

GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best value and performance

Our Aldi milk frother has been so reliable for us. By comparison to our Nespresso frother, Aldi's has never had burn mark problems (not only Nespresso had this problem), it is half the price, and easier to clean.

For example, cleaning after frothing milk for latte, it is a rinse and wipe. Our Nespresso needs the impeller removed, with a fiddly cleaning exercise.

By the way we still use our Nespresso when we have many guests.

mandy

mandy

best milk frother

This is the fourth milk frother I have bought and is, by far, the best one. Even heats the milk properly. No other milk frother that I have used before has heated and frothed the milk like this one. And a great price. I highly recommend this one for at home and office use.

See all ALDI Expressi Milk Frother reviews

Deanne

Deanneasked

Expressi Milk Frother

My aldi milk frother has turned to cold how to I turn it back to warming the milk?

Simon

You don't, it's the default setting just press the button.

Rod D
Rod D

Mine goes straight in to cold when I turn it on. How do I stop it and get it back to hot?

David
David

Mine seems to be stuck on cold too. How do you reset it?

Marie D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

Love this frother, have used for over 2 years daily. But cant work out how to switch between hot and cold. Any suggestions

Simon

Hi, for cold you just need to press the button in for a bit longer.

Marie D.

Simon, thank you ...until today I didnt know you could do cold..haha. I thought it was broken.

Nada D.

Nada D.asked

Expressi Milk Frother

I would like to replace the rubber seal on my frother. Where can I buy one?

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother is a 240mL electric milk frother sold for $29.99. You can fill it up to the first line for frothing, or the second line for heating milk.

Reviewers cited good value for money as the thing they liked most about this ALDI frother.

Many coffee drinkers reported that the frother worked well for a period of time (a few weeks, or up to six months) and then stopped working. Others said that the frothing function stopped working, while the milk warming function continued working fine.

Other reviewers were frustrated that even when they filled to the correct lines, frothed milk popped the lid off the machine, causing a mess.

One review entitled ‘short life span’ appreciated the low price, but didn’t appreciate that ‘I am on to my third unit in 3 months.’ There were quite a few reviewers who bought the product multiple times, but after the second or third time decided to stop.

The ALDI Expressi Milk Frother's average rating, and the fact that opinion is divided fairly evenly between fans and detractors, could be due to the fact that true to ALDI's style, the product is continually discontinued. It's then re-introduced to the market on selected Special Buys dates (typically twice a year). This can make it difficult to keep up with any changing features, price and the overall quality of the product.

Compare all 5 ALDI Expressi Milk Frother
  • 31 Aug 2016
  • 10 May 2017
  • 6 Dec 2017
  • 2 May 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2017Mar 2014Nov 2015May 2020