Listing monitored by EyeBuyDirect

Poor quality...very slow

Frames broke within one week. During a phone call, I was told I could not purchase frame only, had to purchase frame with lens. How long does it take to collect stock frame, with stock lens? Try three weeks, and still waiting for delivery.

Alice T.EyeBuyDirectSend a private message

Cannot claim on Australian health insurance

The glasses are fine, but if you are planning on claiming this on optical extras insurance in Australia you won't be able to as they don't have an Australian business/ABN so HBF rejected the claim saying:

"We are unable to pay a benefit for this provider because at the date of treatment, the services were provided outside of Australia. Legislation prohibits all health funds from paying benefits for treatment,
services and products received or purchased outside of Australia."

Jason
Jason
Eren Yeager
Eren YeagerSydney, NSW

Delivery Service is extremely terrible

I order my glasses on the January 20th and they said on February 3rd it’ll be shipped by then I’ve waiting 20 days and it still hasn’t came and I have astigmatism for 6 years and my eye sight is incredibly terrible and I really need it never buying they’re glasses after this.

Arno J.
Arno J.Central Queensland, QLD

Very bad experience. Do not buy glasses there.

Very bad experience, extremely disappointed by the quality of glasses with a broken frame after 2 months after no particular damage/reason. Lens of equal poor quality for 1 total of $135. Don't buy anything there. No refund offered even partial, a second similar pair may or may not be shipped, I don't care. Not recommended.

Find out how EyeBuyDirect compares to other Optical Retailers

Horrible service. Don’t bother.

On week six of what was supposed to be 1 week turn around on my glasses. Terrible call centre team. No help. Same vague answer every time. I’m told “1-3 days” and “we’ve escalated your order” every 3 days since it’s been delayed. Still nothing. Promised a follow up email call after every phone call and nothing. I’m gonna wait 2 more days and cancel my order and lodge a dispute with PayPal as I assume they’ll be just as difficult to deal with for a refund.

Very slow and SLOW !!!

Ttttt

Your assistance not helpful when they keep saying waiting for response after 1-2 days, i have called and messaged your people!

Ttttt

Please check the order AU64080553 and shipe it out for me to make sure it come on time please. I have seen many review same my problem!

Worst service

Took ages for order to process. Quality check lasted weeks. They charged for Express post and they are nowhere. After contacting the customer service they keep telling you that it is under quality check, I wonder what it takes to check a pair of glasses.

RICKY K.
RICKY K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Has CRACKED within days :(

Natália S.
Natália S.Illawarra, NSW

The first and last time I buy with EyeBuyDirect

I am so disappointed with their services and will never shop there again.
I ordered my glasses over a month ago, and because it was late, I kept getting in touch with their customer service. Every time I did that, they gave me a different arrival date and said a representative would get in touch within 24 to 48 hours to give me updates. Needless to say that they NEVER got in touch, and I kept having to do that over and over again without actually resolving my problem.
Prescription glasses are essential and you should have a little bit more respect for your customers.

If you need glasses in 2023, order NOW

First order. Supposed to be shipped by Sep 06.
Nothing.
Called and mailed.
Noone called back though got a 10 page survey form to FILL OUT to 'review' the help of the guy that never called.
Called again and they started a NEW order
Supposed to come by 22-Sep and still nothing so far though I keep getting emails that order is progressing but it has been at the same stage since Day ONE
Will try to ask for a refund by 22-Sep and will post review on whether the glasses arrived or even if they denied the refund by Sep 30

TaylahDharruk

Doesn't even deserve the 1 star.

ShareefaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Delay and poor updating

I purchased two pairs of glasses on the 2nd of August and I was advised it will arrive in the next 10 days. On the order update page, it said that the expected arrival date was 14th of August, and I am writing this on the 17th as I do not see any further update. I chatted with customer representative twice and the result was only disappointment and insult.

Shareefa

I have done all that and not much has been done other than extending the estimated date. If it cannot be even shipped by 14th of August, why should you say it will arrive by the 14th? Today is 18th of August and still it is not shipped yet.

Terrible

Terrible experience i’ve ever had!
I’ve ordered glass 13 days ago but order status has not changed for 12 days!
No response and no customer service

Luiys Reviews
Luiys Reviews Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Used to be good before Luxottica ruined it

Eyebuydirect makes very affordable glasses for the masses. The glasses are cheap, frames look good and delivery was fast. It’s founder [Name Removed] created a good company and I bought a few glasses from this company and even got discounts too. The lens manufacturer Essilor (they make the famous transisions lenses) bought a major stake of this company. When Luxottica merged with Essilor, Eyebuydirect turned into crap. The frames are poor quality, the lenses scratch easy, the AR coatings are crap and you don’t get a free repair tool with every glasses anymore. My advice when you buy glasses is stay away from any company that is controlled by Luxottica.

Kristy
KristyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

THE WORST

Do not buy from this place. If you do, keep your expectations very low. Their stuff sucks and it's a hassle trying to sort it. I bought two and i had to get a refund after WEEKS. Not to add the fact that the customer service was the worst.