EyeBuyDirect

EyeBuyDirect

Listing monitored by Eye Buy Direct

Horrible service. Don’t bother.

On week six of what was supposed to be 1 week turn around on my glasses. Terrible call centre team. No help. Same vague answer every time. I’m told “1-3 days” and “we’ve escalated your order” every 3 days since it’s been delayed. Still nothing. Promised a follow up email call after every phone call and nothing. I’m gonna wait 2 more days and cancel my order and lodge a dispute with PayPal as I assume they’ll be just as difficult to deal with for a refund.

Very slow and SLOW !!!

Ttttt

Your assistance not helpful when they keep saying waiting for response after 1-2 days, i have called and messaged your people!

Ttttt

Please check the order AU64080553 and shipe it out for me to make sure it come on time please. I have seen many review same my problem!

Worst service

Took ages for order to process. Quality check lasted weeks. They charged for Express post and they are nowhere. After contacting the customer service they keep telling you that it is under quality check, I wonder what it takes to check a pair of glasses.

Natália S.
Natália S.Illawarra, NSW

The first and last time I buy with EyeBuyDirect

I am so disappointed with their services and will never shop there again.
I ordered my glasses over a month ago, and because it was late, I kept getting in touch with their customer service. Every time I did that, they gave me a different arrival date and said a representative would get in touch within 24 to 48 hours to give me updates. Needless to say that they NEVER got in touch, and I kept having to do that over and over again without actually resolving my problem.
Prescription glasses are essential and you should have a little bit more respect for your customers.

Find out how EyeBuyDirect compares to other Optical Retailers

Lowest Price With "Fast Delivery" . I highly doubt so.

I placed my order with EBD with the promise of 'Fast shipping', even was charged for 'express postage'. The order is in warehouse where 'The final touches are being added' to my order for last 2 weeks.

Was told that it would arrive before 10th October, and yet here I am looking at the status where it still hasn't been shipped.

Rhea B.

Writing this on 14th October. No status updates, no tracking info, not surprised.

Rhea B.

If the order can't be sent this week, please let me know so that I can apply for a refund.

If you need glasses in 2023, order NOW

First order. Supposed to be shipped by Sep 06.
Nothing.
Called and mailed.
Noone called back though got a 10 page survey form to FILL OUT to 'review' the help of the guy that never called.
Called again and they started a NEW order
Supposed to come by 22-Sep and still nothing so far though I keep getting emails that order is progressing but it has been at the same stage since Day ONE
Will try to ask for a refund by 22-Sep and will post review on whether the glasses arrived or even if they denied the refund by Sep 30

TaylahDharruk

Doesn't even deserve the 1 star.

ShareefaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Delay and poor updating

I purchased two pairs of glasses on the 2nd of August and I was advised it will arrive in the next 10 days. On the order update page, it said that the expected arrival date was 14th of August, and I am writing this on the 17th as I do not see any further update. I chatted with customer representative twice and the result was only disappointment and insult.

Shareefa

I have done all that and not much has been done other than extending the estimated date. If it cannot be even shipped by 14th of August, why should you say it will arrive by the 14th? Today is 18th of August and still it is not shipped yet.

Terrible

Terrible experience i’ve ever had!
I’ve ordered glass 13 days ago but order status has not changed for 12 days!
No response and no customer service

Luiys Reviews
Luiys Reviews Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Used to be good before Luxottica ruined it

Eyebuydirect makes very affordable glasses for the masses. The glasses are cheap, frames look good and delivery was fast. It’s founder [Name Removed] created a good company and I bought a few glasses from this company and even got discounts too. The lens manufacturer Essilor (they make the famous transisions lenses) bought a major stake of this company. When Luxottica merged with Essilor, Eyebuydirect turned into crap. The frames are poor quality, the lenses scratch easy, the AR coatings are crap and you don’t get a free repair tool with every glasses anymore. My advice when you buy glasses is stay away from any company that is controlled by Luxottica.

Kristy
KristyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

THE WORST

Do not buy from this place. If you do, keep your expectations very low. Their stuff sucks and it's a hassle trying to sort it. I bought two and i had to get a refund after WEEKS. Not to add the fact that the customer service was the worst.

Alice T.Eye Buy Direct

Horrible Service - GO ELSEWHERE!

Ordered on 6th APR 2021, nil updates on website. Emailed them asking what is happining and was greeted with the generic "we have escalated your concern..."

Looking at other reviews, EyeBuyDirect blames delays on Pandemic which in all honesty is a complete load.

Last email stated I will have them on or before the 26th APR 2021, if I have not received them I will be requesting a refund via the ACCC.

Good service, decent products

I know there are some negative service reviews on here, but I had the opposite experience. First pair ordered and arrived within a few days, however, I did not like the style. Quoting their return policy to them I was offered a replacement and only charged the difference. The second pair took longer to arrive (couple weeks). The quality of both thee glasses are alright, both frames seemed to have a dry film coating on them, but for the price it is fine.

DON’T IGNORE THE POOR REVIEWS

jzmnrse
jzmnrse

I appreciate that the pandemic is causing issues but some basic communication goes a long way. I’ve already contacted directly via the online query form on 21/3, still with no response :)

Matt Chatt Sydney, NSW

Products not bad but service is abysmal!

Matt Chatt

Thank you for finally processing, it’s just a shame it’s comes down to public criticism to force the issue.

Gilded W.
Gilded W.asked

I have noticed a lot of people saying they have had longer than advertised waits for their order. I was considering making an order, but would like to know how long the actual wait times have been.

How long did they tell you it would take for your order to arrive? Did it arrive? What was the actual length of time it took?

Mona
Mona

2-3 weeks normally and I order them yearly. But with covid, around a month. It's more due to Auspost delays though as I can see my current package just sitting there for 2 weeks now.

Hi Maam / Sir,

Greetings from EyeBuyDirect.

We are delighted to know that you've found the style that you like in EyeBuyDirect.

First, we make sure that the glasses will pass the highest quality standard since your satisfaction is our top priority.
It normally takes the order to be delivered within 7-14 business days including the processing of lenses.
We encounter no delays recently, even if there is any delay, we make sure to inform our customers ahead of time.

Second, please be informed that we offer an online tracking system for our customers to track the package. On top of that, we are available 24/7 to support you. And yes, that includes the holidays.

As a courtesy, please accept this code VIP30 discount code for your new purchase. Just enter the code upon check out to knock down 30% on your whole order.

* Applicable only to frames $15 or more and cannot be on sale.
* Offer subject to adjustment due to modifications, returns, cancellations, and exchanges.
* Maximum 6 frames per order.
* Offer cannot be combined with any other coupons or discounts.
* Offer may not be used on Ray-Ban and Oakley frames.
* Offer can only be used once a year.

Thank you and have a great day!

Alice

EyeBuyDirect Customer Care

Taylah

I ordered Aug 30th 2021 and was told it would arrive by the 9th of September, they came on September 21st. The reason they came so late was because they were not cleared for shipping for over 2 weeks, the delivery company delivered it within 2 days of receiving it so it wasn't a fault with the delivery company it was with them.

isa
isaasked

This is my tracking number AU49031083 which was ordered on 22 /12/2020. Just want to know where is the parcel even with the Covid 19 delays.

Hi Isabella,

Greetings from EyeBuyDirect.

In regards to your order, it has been shipped via AU POST EXPRESS POST EPARCEL on 2021-01-04 12:00:00
Your tracking number is NRL2038939010825
Upon checking, it was delivered to your on file address on January 5th.

Feel free to let us know if you have any question. Thank you.

BR,

EyeBuyDirect Customer Care Team

Joshua H.
Joshua H.asked

Hi can My girlfriend(Star)wear my prescription glasses, and can i wear stars reading glasses?

Get an answer from our members and Eye Buy Direct representatives