F1RST Tax & Duty Free

F1RST Tax & Duty Free

See the Best Food & Drink Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mossolbtraf

MossolbtrafGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No zero rating available

I purchased 3 X bottles of rum. The cashier asked about my final destination. Did not ask about transiting. Because the purchase was not in a sealed bag, I had to surrender these at transit security in Auckland. And I have been unable to contact First to demand compensation. They don't care about their customers, just making a sale.

James

JamesMOUNT MACEDON

Failed to honour advertised discount at checkout until challenged

At the display at 15% discount was offered on Talisker Whisky, however at the checkout I was charged full price... it was only once I challenged the sales assittant, who then had to call her supervisor that the advertised discount was finally honoured. Clearly the system was not set up to offer the discount.

Chris

ChrisMelbourne

Not a good buy

Lou

LouTasmania

Always helpful when returning home.

I have learned that ordering online before arrival can save a lot of time but is not a complete service. Alcohol, perfume, lots of items at a reasonable value yet ciggies must be purchased at the counter in person....so I still need to join a short line for that. I was lucky the pre-purchase was ready to collect and the rollie cigs were only $21 / 50 gms. 1/2 the shop price. Yes, some alcohol can be purchased cheaper but look for the alcohol sizes and do the maths. Shop around online before committing to the airport prices. The surprises are pleasant.

jim

jimperth

duty free cigarettes

why do they bother to have duty free at Australian Airports, Cigarettes are more expensive at duty free than at Coles shopping centres ...thanks to the greedy government. a Carton of cigs at Singapore duty free is about $30, exactly the same gigs in Australia is $160. i dont get it !!!

Rustyf0x

Rustyf0xMelbourne

Don't rely on forward ordering -they're unreliable

Rosco

RoscoGippsland, VIC

Better to spend your money in town.

I recently went through the Melbourne Tullamarine store and bought an expensive bottle of Scotch whiskey only to find it much cheaper on Ebay and Dan Murphy's.
Duty may be removed but the goods are highly marked up.

Amber72

Amber72AU

Excellent customer service-highly recommended

I purchased 2 bottles of Moet prior to travelling to the US, with the intention of picking them up on arrival back into Melbourne. Subsequently, one of my flights was cancelled, and I ended up going through Sydney with a domestic flight back to Melbourne. I explained this to the assistants at Melbourne Airport and they were more than happy to assist me upon presentation of id. Can't thank them enough for their understanding in my situation.

Watch your receipts - F1RST @ Brisbane Airport

During the completion of my purchase I was asked if I'd like to buy a $1 bag. I happily accepted only to find the person behind the counter tried to charge me for 3 bags ($3 extra) while trying to distract me by yapping away. If I'm willing to pay the extra for your bags (which should be free by the way) the least you could do is show a bit of respect and be thankful for just that. Shameful

Overpriced fragrance at F1RST Tax & Duty Free at Melbourne International Airport

Noella graham

Noella grahamasked

Who is the CEO of first tax duty free in Melbourne? Anyone know how to contact senior management regarding complaints, so far my 4 letters of complaint and 4 phone calls about my issue since August LAST YEAR have been ignored, I need to go higher, who do I contact please?

jules

Hi, i am absolutely blown away by the incompetent sales i got and extremely poor customer service i got during my trip last week, the dismissive attitude of the complaint resolution staff member that i had to deal with was horrifying and i cannot find how i get someone higher up, i would like to speak to the CEO about my experience too.

anna
anna

I am facing the same problem. I am trying to chase up a refund of SKII product that was out of stock for buy and collect on arrival. The customer service was annoyed at me when I simply wanted to chase up my refund, my voicemails and emails did not get any response, and their response to my questions were inconsistent (one day telling me that refund will be made automatically, another day telling me it is being investigated due to the sales person being on leave etc.). I did want to take this higher up but didn't know who to speak to so I called the Melbourne Airport number directly and they gave me the number of the Supervisor who enabled me to reach the customer service person in charge. She was the person who sound annoyed...

CategoryFood & Drink Shops and Physical Shops