Fairhaven Homes Questions & Answers

VIC, Berwick, VIC, Campbellfield

53 questions from our users

Charlie D.

Charlie D.asked

I have asked multiple times for pricing of facades but have not been able to get an answer does anyone have any ideas ?

Fairhaven H.Fairhaven Homes

Hi Charlie, please send us a private message with your contact details and we can have a consultant get in contact with you to provide you with facade pricing.
Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes

Dhruv

Dhruvasked

Hi peeps,
How much time did Fairhaven took to build single storey house. I am building 27 sq house in Kalkallo. Our site start date was 04/07/2019 and at this stage I could only see the piers have been pour and plumbing pipes have been installed. Is this ideal? Or are we really slow. Would love to hear about ur experience.

TIA

STG
STG

Well its harder to say how long it will take Dhruv.Most of the time they outsource it to different contractors and supervisors ,so it always depends on their capacity and skills.
But make sure youll need to follow up with a private inspector each and every step of your building.
It’s worth it.
All the best.

VIC, Campbellfield

Why do you rip off hard working Australians.

VIC, Berwick

why do you rip off hard working Australians

VIC, Campbellfield

Is Campbellfield office as useless as the berwick office cowboys. Fairhaven Homes "What a Joke"

Mukesh Patel

There are all useless, No management.

Tarnica
Tarnica

We have problems with the Berwick office to. Can I ask who you had trouble with

Hi Tarnica,
We had a problem with Rod raddings who is the director who tried to rip us off with our tilling. Trying to double charge custommer twice for upgraded tiles. This should have been a sign to walk away as we wasted many months trying to get drawings correct from fairhaven. Only after i threatened to walk away did Rod Raddings take the over charge double rip off fee off. We have no option to move forward with fairhaven homes to fix the sub standard work they did.
We have a solicitor on board now

Mukesh Patelasked

VIC, Berwick

I got big mistake to build my house with fairhaven homes.

Rick
Rick

True

Hardik
Hardik

they are building our house and they are unable to meet the deadline. we as a customer now have to suffer as we have to pay rental bills and loan instalment and they escape by simply paying what was agreed as per HIA. This is the first and last time we would be building with them. I would never recommend anyone. Due to their delay we have to bear financial burden and they simply dont care about it.

VIC, Berwick

Why does your company rip on every day Australians and build crap homes.

VIC, Berwick

Why do you take money from hard working Australians and build them rubbish.

Alvin S.

Alvin S.asked

Hi, just wanted to find out why fairhaven has been receiving bad reviews, the last 3 reviews are 1 star. Most of the 5 stars reviews are about the service from the sales consultants which I do agree. They do an excellent job. But in the end, it is the house that matters. Also, why is everyone complaining about the maintenance team not fixing issues with their houses?

lou
lou

You would have to ask fairhaven this question. My sales and colour consult were excellent it’s the house build and the final quality that was appalling! And the maintainence team basically had poor quality trades doing poor quality repairs that lasted a month and the house would move again!! My house had so much gap fill it was a joke.
Even now they say they will contact me but never have.

Milinda K.
Milinda K.

I am currently building with them and its a nightmare. So slow and zero communication from the office of the construction team. They just ignore everything.

Rachael
Rachael

The good reviews are all from the Ipads people are given during their sign up/colour appointments before building has actually commenced. During construction communication becomes non existent and the workmanship is disgraceful.

Ramya S.asked

I finished my papperwork from CRO now its transferred to construction team could you tell me how long for construction team to follow up

Hi Ramya,
Could you please provide us with your job number so we can have a look into this and give you an update.
Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.

Job number 180190

Hi Ramya,

We have sent you a private message with an update.

Kind Regards, Fairhaven Homes.

Marco Lasked

After looking the above comments, I am not sure if I should continue with fairhaven home. This is my first home and I dont want to be stressful with it. The sales agent is very good. The color selection was a bit unpleasant as they were rushing us to choose the stuff's and not giving some proper idea. Please give me some advise as I still haven't sign the proper contract with them yet.

Cleo
Cleo

Our land hasn’t tilted yet, but our colour consultant seems very nice on the phone and understood that we needed to move our appointment to 2019. There was no pressure in doing that. Sorry I couldn’t help.

Marco L

thats's alright. Thanks for your comment

LisaF
LisaF

I have been through 3 color consultations with 3 different builders and found Fairhaven's fairly good. I've found overall they are not going to give you advice, you really need to go in with a clear idea of what you want (I made that mistake). Being in the middle of build number 3 now, and comparing to Fairhaven, I can genuinely say that Fairhavens processes are more user friendly and streamlined. I obviously can't compare the end product, but I can tell you that the after build service at Fairhaven is outstanding.

Nae84

Nae84asked

Hi we are going to build the Newport 361 in point cook just wondering if anyone can give us an idea of site costs?

Melinda

Melindaasked

We were quoted fixed site costs and it now looks like our builder un beknown to us has taken out the rock removal included in the site costs.
We signed the docs as looking over everything is a bit like playing Where’s Wally and we overlooked it. Disappointed that our builder didn’t point the things out that they removed or amended but I guess they were probably hoping we missed it.
Now they are saying the surveyor is requesting a retainer wall on the garage side which will cost thousands otherwise the garage will cave due to sandy soil. They haven’t as yet stated who is responsible for the cost but I feel that conversation coming.
My site costs state FIXED SITE COSTS TO COVER ADDITIONAL ITEMS THAT MAY BE REQUIRED FOR FOUNDATIONS, SITE PREPARATIONS, DRAINAGE, BRACING.
My question is, who is responsible for this and does it form part of the site costs?

kpAuz

kpAuzasked

How many years of structure warranty you provide?

chris

Fairhaven Homes have 7 Years warranty but you will never see them back to fix all the issues.
Warranty is useless with Fairhaven Homes.

JMJG

JMJGasked

Hello all.... how long after colour selection would you expect Fairhaven homes to commence building- slab etc?? We have personal health issues delaying us. We expect colour selection in August 2018. Our one year date to commence building is December 2018. Is that enough time to process paperwork and commence building? All comments welcome. Building Clovelly 225. Initial plans signed. Comfort letter supplied by broker. Cheers

Your Site Supervisor will be able to answer this

bodhik
bodhik

Hi There, please see my review, I hope you get your answer.

Adam
Adam

Wait til you see mine you'll wish you didn't build with them

Ruchi C

Ruchi Casked

Hi,
I am looking to buy a house and land package in Melbourne. Can anybody provide me Jen contact details.?
Rachna

Jen Chua
Jen Chua

hi Ruchi, my number is 0455226316 - Jen Chua from Clydevale display village!

Chandima R

Chandima Rasked

Has any one build with fairhaven in merrifield?

paulg
paulg

i have i would think twice before you build with them

Eric

No but don't build with them, I'm an experienced construction worker and you will be disappointed

Lucille

To be honest, their quality is good but my bad review in Product Review in regards to their Maintenance Dept not having fulfill all work was deleted. I am not impressed how they deal with this.( not sure who deleted)

Danielle.S

Danielle.Sasked

Hi All,
My partner and I are about to sign the contract for the Newport 275.
We wish we had the option to view an already established 275 as the only Fairhaven Newport displays are the 361. Has anybody built or in the process of building the 275? We are looking to add the theatre and large alfresco. Any ideas or suggestions?
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. We are a little skeptical at the moment after reading some reviews.

Thanks,
Dani

Eric

Don't build with them, I have been in my home almost a year and have had nothing but problems, I still don't even have a tap on my bath.
Just one of many problems from a three page list.
They are terrible, I work in construction and I've never seen anything like it.
Do your research and go to another builder.
To put it bluntly!! They don't care and have no pride in there work and hire rubbish contractors or the good contractors don't want to work for them.
Very upset with them and this is my fourth home I've built in general and by far the worse experience.

Lucille

I WAS actually very happy with them but not the Maintenance Dept who still yet to complete some final issue 7 months after handover
I am not impressed as they never responded my emails despite written several emails to them
But I also believe the quality of the built is more of who is your Site Supervisor

I have been waiting for weeks months for them to reply but not getting any, have they closed down?

KelC

KelCasked

Has anyone build with Fairhaven in Point Cook area? Hope to hear your experience with them, thanks!

FairhavenNO
FairhavenNO

Hi KelC - TERRIBLE. We are building in this region, and put down a deposit with Toni in August 2016 in the Point Cook display. We loved the house design and hoped our build to be started by Feb 2017, and were titled. We still don't have a start date, and are very sorry that we have wasted 15 months trying to build with Fairhaven (at a rental & expenses cost of $3k/month plus mortgage interest = $50k wasted). We had to push and push to get anything done, and even then it often wasn't done right and was up to us - with no knowledge of building - to figure out that it wasn't right. The customer service is appalling - it is worth noting that most of the "happy" comments here are from folk who are in the honeymoon period of "we've just put a deposit on our house and we love it" - but don't have any real experience of the company yet. (Product review should have a clearer rating system based on actual experience rather than dreams). Fairhaven have been an absolute nightmare for us - and from online forums/reviews/fb we're not alone. We held on, telling ourselves that we were just unlucky at each step to get completely incompetent people (4 out of 6 that we have dealt with). Yet in the end some weren't just incompetent, but also bullying. We were told lies to try to get us to agree to certain things; we checked with the suppliers who absolutely refuted Fairhaven's claims. Similar to others, we have found that they cannot be trusted, and the contract process is neither transparent nor honourable. So much for our dream home! We don't have experience of other builders, but absolutely can't recommend Fairhaven. Good luck with your search.

Mary
Mary

Yes we are building with them in Riverwalk Werribee. Happy to answer any questions you have. Our house is almost finished being built and we are still happy.

Eric

I built in riverwalk and had a very terrible experience, so much so that I'm thinking of taking it to a current affair.
Do your research before you decide.

sammii

sammiiasked

does anyone know what the listings are for cat 1 items for the fairhaven homes to have a rough idea before colour selection process?

Hassan
Hassan

Cat 1, carpets no good. Very very poor quality. The bathroom fittings are reasonable. Bricks, cat 1 , okay, we upgraded to cat 2. Just go and see. Every one is different. Hopefully this helps

Justme
Justme

We are building with fairhaven and have very bad looking bricks. We complained from the day the bricks we’re delivered onsite but they still used the bricks. After fighting and complaining so much they told us (3months ago) that they will pay for Nawkaw, but we still don’t have a date or information about when or how it will be done and hand oversight very close. And that's only one of the issues from a very big list. Their customer service just doesn't exist. So many false promises from the building supervisor but they never happen

Get an answer from our members and Fairhaven Homes representatives