Falken WildPeak A/T

Falken WildPeak A/T Questions & Answers

13 questions from our users

Rick M.

Rick M.asked

What is the air pressure

Steve

Sorry but this is not a question. Which air pressure?

Jan Thorpe

The air pressure in my Falken tyres is dependant on the terrain over which I drive. Around town I run the tyres at 35-40 and as low as 15 4WD on outback trails. I suggest you talk to your tyre retailer or study your hand manual.

Blueyasked

Hello l’m having 255/65/r17 A/T3w’s put on my Dmax on Thursday and will be towing a 22’ van would 41-42 psi be ok when towing and 38 psi when driving around town.
Regards

Steve

Falken give a table for all sizes of tyres on their website so you can look up the recommended pressure for all loads on all sizes.

Jan Thorpe

I strongly suggest you ask the tyre retailer that question. I do not tow trailers of any shape or form as my Troopy is configured as my motor home. All I can tell you about my new Falken tyres is that they suit my needs and so far I am quite happy with their performance.

waynjt

waynjtasked

the latest falken tyres are made in Thailand does anyone know if the quality is the same as the Japanese made falken

Perfect Review I.
Perfect Review I.

Falken hasn’t set a firm release date as of this moment, but have indicated sometime in the first quarter 2016. We have not seen all the specs for every size that will be made available. However, I have found an article that adds some additional details on the size you mention

R D.asked

AT02 245/70/16 with approximately 45000km.
5mm tread remains. Even wear with square edges / no uneven wear from incorrect inflation, toe or camber etc.
Issue is the edge flutes are almost gone/ barely visible. The tread pattern currently resembles grooved slicks/ no sipes left at all. Seems to me the design doesn't allow full tread depth on edge flutes. Not sure if they're still roadworthy, yet both have a consistent 5mm tread depth on all the depth indicators. Has anyone else noticed this? Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Tim

Timasked

I am driving a Landcruiser 100, year 2004.
My car’s tyres are currently sized 265/ 75//16.
Can I exchange new 285/75/16 tyres & Rims ?

R D.

If in doubt I'd be consulting your vehicle tyre placard which is usually on the driver's door. It'll show approved alternative sizes. I just had BobJane decline to fit new versions of the same tyre. Issue was the new version is now too light - load rating just under the original design. Bugger.

Lois

Loisasked

Are Falken AT 3W light truck tyres. and the best for a 20ft off road caravan?

Happy Baker

As a little road noise is my only issue they should be excellent on a caravan.

Wayne Lee C.

Wayne Lee C.asked

Any idea how heavy the tire is ?

Hi Wayne,
About 20 kg.

Heidi

Heidiasked

Can I run 285/70/17 on a ford ranger cult with CSA raptor wheels? Also how do these compare to the BF Goodrich ko2 for road noise?

fourdogs

fourdogsasked

are the Wildpeak a/t light truck cases like the Bridgestone dueller a/t . cheers Fourdogs

Col
Col

The Wildpeak AT's have a very similar tread pattern to BF Goodrich AT's, the only thing in common with Duellers is the price, I paid $240 each....BF Goodrich are around $350 each.
There is no noise yet they have a much more aggressive tread than Duellers.

Duncan

Duncanasked

I'm a shearer and I travel every day between highways and some very rough tracks with a lot of rocks and corrugation. Is 28psi a good pressure to use? What do you recommend using on 31 10.5 r15 Wildpeak A/T tires?

PBC
PBC

Its a good compromise pressure certainly no harder

fisho

fishoasked

I am running 275/65/r17 WildPeak ato1 on a long wheelbase 208 Nissan Patrol. What tyre pressure should be used when towing a18 foot caravan?

skardon
skardon

Fisho I'm no tyre expert but towing an 18ft jayco outback approx ball weight 175Kg. I ran up to 38-40psi.
Checked tyres daily to avoid wear.
Cheers
Skardon

Rocket2626
Rocket2626

I run 40 psi at least when towing especially in the rear where I would go to possibly 42 psi due to ball weight and load. HOWEVER if you are towing off road this would all change.

john.gould.71asked

Hi guys I have a mitshi challenger 2010 265/65 17 and tossing up between the wild peaks and the maxis at 980 any thoughts?

Gazajr
Gazajr

I had the wild peaks on for 10000 k. Great for the bitumen and sand and very quiet. Still had 8mm tread depth. Was thinking about keeping them and running 2 sets. With one being muddies. It b became expensive. I went to a more aggressive AT instead.

billyt61

I have been running the Maxxis on my 2004 Navara and they were ok but nothing special.
I put the Wildpeaks on my 2004 Grand Cherokee and they are really quite impressive.
The Wildpeaks were less expensive than the Maxxis and in my opinion feel like they grip
to the road surface (gravel inparticular) so much better

john.gould.71

Hhmmm interesting, cheers guys!

4w4 tyres

4w4 tyresasked

I have 245-70-16 on my 2007 jeep 2.8 disl had 235-70-16 would like to put 225-75-16 wildpeak LT wold that work?

This is completely dependant on your rim width. Being only 10mm less than
tyres you ran previously I would doubt it would be a problem.
Double check with your tyre supplier or fitter.
I highly recomend the Wildpeaks