Said he couldn't help us because we are 19

If you enjoy being yelled at and belittled, then rent from Gold Coast Family Car Rentals.

WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED. The man who answered was, arrogant, condescending and passive aggressive and needs to re evaluate his attitude and customer service towards WILLING & ABLE CUSTOMERS.

Even the mere phone call with this man has made me and my partner EXTREMELY UNHAPPY with the way we were treated. His questions towards us felt more like an interrogation, and when our answers were not what he wanted to hear (because we are 19 years of age), he told us in a DISGUSTING TONE that he was not going to help us.

Hands down the worst customer service I've ever received from any company.

Boris

BorisGold Coast

Booked & Paid a Booking Fee but after cancelling two days before pick up received no refund.

Easy to book, over the phone customer service was OK. However as a result of my brother finding out that I had Alzheimer's I gave them two days notice to cancel but they did not refund any of my booking fee.

Terrible

Firstly they arrived 30 minutes late to pick me up from the airport. While dropping off I was told I have to pay 25$ extra to get driven back to the airport. they took 185$ bond charged me 37$ for toll and 25$ for dropping me off back to the airport and gave me a bond refund of 115$. 37+ 25 is not 70$ and when I questioned the staff member [Name Removed] was very rude, I had to walk off as I was running late for the airport. Stay away, there are many other cheaper and better car rental companies.

Car Rental Services

Find out how Family Car Rentals compares to other Car Rental Services

Worst customer service by far!!!!

The worst customer service I've experienced all my life! no questions can be asked to the manager or front staff because they turn everything into an argument! booked two cars which were available, went to transfer the booking deposit when I revived an email to say they were not available anymore.. contacted reception, the lady was SOOOOO rude I had to end the call to avoid jail time (lol) finally booked the cars even after being abused, only for 'grant' to reply to emails so offensive and rude. I have now asked for a refund and will never book with this 'business' again.

aussiebwSydney, NSW

Very rude and non-customer-service focused business! Beware and stay away!

I agree with the previous review completely. Normally I dont spend the time writing these reviews but in this case, Grant Wilson got me steamed up and all I can do is warn people to stay away! So rude, and so far from being customer service focused, I dont know how they stay in business! Prices on the website are WRONG and not even worth reading. Availability means NOTHING, and the insurance prices they force you to take out are unreasonable to say the least! Mostly its people like Grant Wilson, though, who give this place a bad name. Highly recommend that you stay away from this business if you want to enjoy your holiday on the Gold Coast!

Kimba

KimbaBallarat

Terrible customer service and abusive owner

Vicki

Vickiasked

I would to hire a 8 seater car for a day trip to Balina 8/3/2020 we all live in Helensvale area would like to pick up around 7am and drop of 7pm same day . Wondering cost and been at Helensvale do you have something out this way as I don’t want to go all the way to Gold Coast airport and back to Helensvale yo pick my family up to go to Ballina for the day

Adam Fitzgerald

Adam Fitzgeraldasked

Just making enquires about a family mover 7 or 8 seater if available from today until Sunday

Darryl E.Family Car Rentals

Sorry Adam, I missed your question, we were only notified about it this afternoon. If you have any questions about vehicle rental, it is best to communicate directly to our office and if it is a "for today" matter, it needs to be by phone, because we won't see it in time to respond.
As it turns out, we have no 7 or 8 seater availability until Monday 13th January - sorry that we can't help you.
Darryl