Fanaway Evo2 Endure

Fanaway Evo2 Endure Questions & Answers

21 questions from our users

Lyn Tasked

Evo2 Endure

We have 2 evo endure we love them but cleaning has been an issue: we dust the top regularly but have now noticed underneath the blades look dirty. Is there a wat to clean underneath the blades at all.

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Lyn, there is a video on YouTube called how to clean your Fanaway fan blades that will help you with the cleaning of the blades, Debbie - Fanaway Customer Service

Oh great thankyou

Carmel D

Carmel Dasked

Evo2 Endure

We have just installed 2 Fanaway Evoraretracting blade ceiling fans in bedrooms. Is there anyway of lowering the intensity of the low speed on the fans as we find the airflow too strong when we’re in bed ?

Chicca M.

Chicca M.asked

Evo2 Endure

Hi, I would like to know where to buy the spare blades, Fanaway 210931 EVO2 endure ,
I broke them
Beba

Andrew
Andrew

Did you find out where to get spare blades?

Customer S.Fanaway

Spare blades can be purchased through any Beacon Lighting store if in Australia. If you are outside of Australia, this would be through the supplier where you purchased the fan from, Debbie - Fanaway Customer Service

Batinoz1963

Batinoz1963asked

Evo2 Endure

Hi can you get replacement shades for a fan away?

Customer S.Fanaway

Yes, you can get replacement shades through your closest Beacon Lighting store, you will need to advise them of the model you have, ie. what wattage tube and what colour fan you have so that they can get the correct one in for you, Debbie Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Dal

Dalasked

Evo2 Endure

I recently purchased an Amazon Echo. I have 5 Fanaway Evo2 set up throughout my apartment and would like to incorporate bot the fans and the lighting into my smart home. Can anyone advise on what equipment I would need to do this?

Brenda

Brendaasked

Evo2 Endure

The light on our fan is flickering on and off while the fan is going. we have unscrewed the bulbs for now but would like to know what is causing this problem?

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Brenda, if you could PM us at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au the SKU number of the fan you have and whether you have a remote on this fan, we will be able to look further into this for you and get back to you with an answer. Debbie - BL Customer Service

Wendy

Wendyasked

Evo2 Endure

Fan blades are coming out very slowley and when out fan runs slow. We do not have the remote option fan turns on from the wall. Is there something we can do to fix the issue?

Virginia G

Virginia Gasked

Evo2 Endure

when cleaning the blades which I have done numerous times before one of the blades came off. is this repairable?

dragonfly9454
dragonfly9454

If that blade comes off so easily aren’t you concerned it might come off while you have it on? We just had a blade, that had never been loose or come off while cleaning, fly across the room while it was on! Can’t put it back as fitting is broken, not that it would be safe to try.

R Kataria

R Katariaasked

Evo2 Endure

Hi mate I'm looking fanaway constant current led drivemodel es0363d e090. Can you plz let me know were can buy please?

Hi R Kataria,
Thank you for your message , my recommendation , would be to visit your closest Beacon lighting store with the SKU number of the fan, this number is found on the sticker which is on the fan motor.
The store will be able to order a spare driver from that sku or even have one already in stock in the store.
Kind Regards, Tina -Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Belinda

Belindaasked

Evo2 Endure

Hi I used my bedroom light / fan with my remote control. I went to use remote again but didn’t work have replaced the battery but it doesn’t work can only turn light on by power switch on the wall . Does anyone know what the four little buttons with the numbers 1234 mean ? I think we have bumped them and think it could be some form of sequence to operate the fan / light via the remote . I’ve checked the instruction manual it doesn’t talk about the remote at all . These were installed in our unit prior to our purchase have no idea the age or use of the fan . Please can anyone help ?

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Belinda, the switches are called DIP switches and are used to change the frequency of the fan. The setup of these switches needs to match the setup of the same DIP switches on the receiver unit of the remote which is located in the ceiling canopy of the fan. The reason the instructions for this cannot be found in the instruction manual would be because the remote was a separate purchase. If you could PM us at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au a picture of the remote you have, we can email you the instruction manual for the remote, Debbie - BL Customer Service

GDWGEWasked

Evo2 Endure

Hi - We have replaced the remote control system but the speed is still the same for med and high so I have come to the conclusion we should change the capacitor? I found where the capacitor is located inside the fan and replaced it with the one that was attached to the optional wall control and this seems to work. However the new capacitor has two options for capacitance - 1mf and 2mf. The one I took out was a 1mf only version so I have used that option. Is there any benefit to using the 2mf option? I.e. greater speed variation?

Geoff

Hi GDWGEW,

All capacitors need to be replaced like for like, therefore if you are replacing a motor capacitor you need to replace it with the exact same one that came out of the motor. (matching mf otherwise the speed will not be the same it is intended and designed to be)

Kind Regards- BL Customer Service

GDWGEW

Thanks for the info. The one from the wall control matched part numbers? but had two outputs 1mf and 2mf so I matched the 1mf balance which works fine. I wondered really what the second option was for?

Giles
Giles

Hi GDWGEW - I think I need to replace my fan capacitor too - please could you tell me where on the fan to find the part you replaced and if possible the part number? Is it inside the little cup housing that goes over the mounting bracket to the ceiling? Did changing the capacitor sort the problem out in terms of speed and such? Thanks

Gerarddiaz

Gerarddiazasked

Evo2 Endure

Hello, I have two of this fans and they respond at once due to the same radio frequency. Is there a way you can change de radio frequency?

Richard
Richard

There are channel selector switch on each receiver and in the back of the remote. Change the settings on one receiver and it's handset so they are both the same but different from the other unit.

Customer S.Fanaway

Thank you for your question, This is easy to change. All you need to do is place your controller in your hand, flip it over and remove the batteries. You will see 4 channels or dip switches. All you need to do, is set your remote to say channel 2, then you need to pull down the canopy of your fan (the canopy is the cover that covers the wires and mounting block). From the floor you will be able to see the fan's receiver- they are normally green in colour- all you need to do is set the receiver to the same channel as you have just set your controller. Regards BL Customer Service.

Peter Poon

Peter Poonasked

Evo2 Endure

I bought Evo2 Endure in early 2015. The fan speed is not normal now. It is very slow at Speed 1, but normal at Speed 2 & 3. What is the possible cause? What can I do?

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Peter, the reason could be, if run by a remote - the remote receiver may have become faulty or it could be the capacitor in the wall controller ( if run by a wall controller) or the capacitor in the fan. You will not know unless you get an electrician out to have a look at this for you, regards Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Violette

Violetteasked

Evo2 Endure

I have four evo 2 fans in the house, and unfortunately this summer both bedroom fans lost speed and don't change speed. They fan slowly and if I put them on the faster speed they bocome noisy but continue to fan on low speed. Not happy. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Alan
Alan

Your motor capacitor is gone change it and everything should be fine again

Michelle Coates

Michelle Coatesasked

Evo2 Endure

If Fanaway is a division of Beacon Lighting and you email with issues and you are a VIP customer then why do we get asked for all the details- they are on our database. I've had globe issues but now one has made a terrible sound and we turned it off.

Hi Michelle,
Thank you for your enquiry, Fanaway is a division of Beacon Lighting , however for warranty work our warranty department do require your full details as our warranty department do not have access to any VIP information as they are separate division.
Kind Regards, Tina -Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Sharun

Sharunasked

Evo2 Endure

Hi there, i have evo 2 bought early months 2015 probably, but was installed in our new house on the end of the year, was working fine first year but now hi setting for fan is lesser than low setting, is it the problem with fan or remote, it seems fan is not powerful anymore, can someone please advice what could be the problem?

Customer S.Fanaway

Thank you for your message. Your problem sounds like two things- either your remote's receiver may need replacing or that the capacitor ( motor) of the fan is not working properly. An electrician would be able to diagnose this problem for you. If it is the fan, this would be still covered under warranty, and if you contact our warranty department they will be able to send a technician to replace\fix your fan under warranty. Kind Regards BL Customer Service.

Maz

Mazasked

Evo2 Endure

How do you remove cover to change light globe from endure?

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Maz, the cover an be removed by Holding the metal part above the light diffuser with one hand and turning the diffuser only in an anti-clockwise direction and it should come off, regards Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Piotr

Piotrasked

Evo2 Endure

Two years ago I bought this product. It was working fine, but suddenly a couple days ago the fan just stopped responding to the remote. The remote is fine, I can switch on / off light, also I hear that when i push the fan button it is "changing gears", but the only way to definitely stop the fan is to switch the electricity off. Is there any way to just disable the fan or any suggestion how to fix the issue?

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Piotr, From what you have explained I do believe it is the receiver of the remote control (not the remote itself) that is not working, however the only way to confirm this would be to contact an electrician to come out and inspect the Fan. In the meantime you will need to keep switching the fan off the way you have been via the isolation switch. The Fanaway fans have a 2 year in home warranty from date of purchase , therefore if the fan is still under warranty I would recommend contacting our warranty department on 1800 602 243 and they will arrange to send a serviceman to repair/replace the Fan. The remote controls are a separate purchase and have a 12month warranty on these.
Kind Regards, Tina-Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Mark P
Mark P

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem. Beacon lighting or anyone, could you please help me with this? Light works with remote but "off" setting for the fan does not. I can change between fastest and middle but lower and off both leave the fan running in the "lower" setting. After cycling the power to the fan, turning it back on at the power without using remote also causes the fan to start in lowest fan setting.

starwarrior
starwarrior

My fan has recently started doing the same thing. Did anyone get a resolution for this?

LG1

LG1asked

Evo2 Endure

When I turn my Fanaway light on it turns off immediately. It can take up to six or seven "turn on/turn off" before it lights and stays on. I have replace the bulb but is there a 'starter' issue? I think I have an Evo 2 and have had it for two summers. LG

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi LG1, In the first instance, if your fan takes 3 x ES globes, then you have the EVO2 however if it takes a circualr fluro, it could be either the original Evo1 or the Evo 3. If it is the EVO 1 or 3, then their could be an issue which would need to be replaced and these can be piurchased from a Beacon Zlighting store. If you have a remote with this fan, it could be that someone in your area has the same sort of remote and is turning their fan on and it is using the same frequency as yours. If this is the case, you would need to change the frequency by adjusting the DIP switches in the transmitter and in the receiver unit which is located in the ceiling canopy of the fan. If this isn't the issue, then it could be an issue with the receiver unit of the remote which will be in the ceiling canopy of the fan which can be replaced however you would need to get a complete new remote to do this. Regards Debbie - BL Customer Service

SteveCasked

Evo2 Endure

Hi . A couple of years ago (Early 2014 ) ,We also purchased from Beacon lighting 2 Evo Endure fans with great expectations as we love the design and concept and were willing to pay the significantly extra costs due to the excellent concept .Had them installed by a qualified sparky etc . Unfortunately , one has started to lose power and significantly slow down especially on hi and low ...med seems to Ok but it makes a noise as if motor is struggling .I assume the warrantee is over but would have expected for the quite high price , it would work properly for more than a few years . Not too sure if we have paper work as Sparky disposed of but probably have receipts somewhere. Can you advise if this is a common problem and if this would be an expected outcome for this product ? Regards Steve

Hi SteveC,

Thank you for your enquiry, we have sold thousands of these over the years and have had very minimal warranty claims, these fans do come with a 2 year in home warranty, during this time we would send one of our electricians to repair /replace the fan if you were having issues with it. I will ask however if your Fan is on a remote control as it could be the remote control that has the issue not the fan itself. If you could please forward us your best contact details and your invoice number along with the store purchased I will have this looked into further for you. Our best email for correspondence is webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au
Kind Regards, Tina-Beacon Lighting Customer Service.

SteveC

Hi My apologies for delayed reply as I could not locate invoice etc but now have located this . I will reply by email and see where we can get to . Regards

SteveC

Hi , I want to place on record my appreciation to Beacon Lighting ( and their customer service and the sparky who promptly responded to my situation and seamlessly resolved this . As per my post above , the troubles I experienced were quickly responded to by Beacon and I realistically did not expect such an excellent response to quickly fix my fan . The problem was in the remote control and not in the fan . Looks like a common issue and Beacon really reinforced their product with exceptional service backup. if you are going to make a purchase and invest in electrical products , it's a no brainer to pick a company that responds to customers like I experienced . Thanks All sorted .

See all Fanaway Evo 1 / 2 / 3 questions

Get an answer from our members and Fanaway representatives