Fanaway Evo3 Asymmetric

Fanaway Evo3 Asymmetric

See the Best Ceiling Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

This product should be withdrawn from the market it is sooooooo bad.

We have had the fan in two bedrooms replaced twice and after 6 months the fans close with an almighty clunk. The light in one of the replacement fans would randomly turn off. Basically what you see in the shop is not what you end up with. The fan also buzzes constantly when turned on and even more annoyingly a louder intermittent buzz occurs at night when the electricity company send a ripple signal down the line. The expensive ripple control filter is useless.

Date PurchasedOct 2012

Richard LMooroolbark

Lucky if lasts 3 years

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Superb air disperse / volume

I have purchase 4 of this fans for our bedrooms and thus far I'm extremely happy with my purchase the air disperse / volume displace is better than any other fans that I have had before and whisper quite. The light is also brilliant, I'd recommend it to my family and friends.

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Hank, thankyou for taking the time and providing feedback on your Fanaway Evo3 purchase, we think it is a great fan also, regards Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Hank
Hank

Rosasked

We have had the Evo3 Asymetric for about 2 years. It was pretty silent but this year it started making a slight rattling noise while operating and a loud noise when the blades close. We have tried tightening the screws and oiling the blades but it still has not fixed the problem. Any thoughts on what the issue may be?
Also, having read some of the reviews on here I’m wondering whether we should be worried that the rattling sound means one of the blades might snap off?? Does the sound mean that it’s more dangerous now?

sam

samasked

Hi i have a fanaway evo3. we have just replaced the circular light but it will not light up. I have been told from the lighting wholesaler that it might be the starter needs replacing. I have looked in the manual but cannot find any reference to a starter. Can anyone help please?

Willy
Willy

We had Evo1.
The problem when our light wouldn't work was the ballast.(And it broke down on our other Fanaway as well)
Gave me a story about manufacturer not catering for the range of current we have in Oz.
About $25 from Beacon.
I've given up - not throwing more good money after bad

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Sam, the item is called a ballast and these can be purchased through your local Beacon Lighting store, the product no. is 210008 and cost is $24.95, Debbie - BL Customer Service

Rosasked

Hi, we just purchased an evo3 asymmetric fan. Once installed the fan works on full speed from the main switch. However, the remote is unresponsive and won't change the speed of the fan. As a result the fan only works on full speed. The remote batteries are brand new and it seems to work, just unresponsive. We have checked the dip switch and should sync with the remote. We have also checked the cable connections and they are correct. Any help please? Thanks!

Hi Ros,
Could you please advise if you are operating this off just the remote control or via a wall controller as well. If operating via a wall controller as well this cannot be done and you will need the electrician to disconnect this. Can you please confirm by what you mean by Main Switch as if this in in your metre box this has been installed incorrectly as the fan does require an isolation switch closer to the fan ,if it has been installed the correct way as per the installation instructions then I would recommend you call our warranty department on 1800 602 243 , if you do have any further questions, please email webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au
Kind Regards, Tina - BL Customer Service

Ros

Thanks for your help! It turns out the problem was with the wiring. The remote is of a different brand and the wiring in the connectors did not match (i.e. the way they were positioned the neutral did not connect to the neutral, the live did not connect to the live etc.). So we removed the wiring from the connetors and reconnected them individually to their correct counterparts - basically, we hardwired them. The remote came with wire nuts which was very helpful. Then the remote worked fine.
The light connectors were also loose and needed some adjusting in order for the light to work. We used an electrical cable connector strip for this. I'm not sure what you mean about the wall controller - the pre-existing light switch still works but only as an on/off switch now. The fan's functions (speed, light, timer etc.) are all controlled via the remote.

Ros

One more note: overall we are very happy with our purchase so far - it looks great and works very well now that all the installation issues have been resolved. The only issue now is that the colour of the bulb is way too "cool". We are trying to find a warm white replacement bulb but apparently this type of bulb is not common in Greece and it's proving to be a bit tricky.

Get an answer from our members and Fanaway representatives

CategoryCeiling Fans