Fanaway Evo 1 / 2 / 3

Fanaway Evo 1 / 2 / 3 (page 2 of 5)

Evo1 Prevail, Evo2 Endure and Evo3 Asymmetric

Great quiet fan

Bought 3 to replace old fashioned none retractable, noisy ones we had. Very happy with the result. Had to take 1 globe out of each fan as it was to bright with the 2 in it. The noise level dropped dramatically with no electronic sounds like the original ones. When turned off they retract quietly with no click or clonk when stopped. I would recommend these fans no problems as yet. When reading previous reviews I was a little worried but am very happy with my purchases.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Faulty Product

We purchased 2 of these fans for our living, they worked well in the store. One fan stopped working completely within the warranty period and was replaced. The other fan had also slowed considerably but the electrician who installed the replacement fan stated that "she,ll be right mate" Well she is not right, and now that the warranty has expired we are left with another faulty product not working now out of warranty. Very angry that my trusted Beacon store recommends this faulty product and would like to see it recalled.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

very happy with them

Bought the flouro model in our old house. We couldn’t have a normal fan in the kitchen because it was too big. Bought another one for the family room & they were both used constantly for 2 1/2 yrs before we moved out. Bought 3 for the new house (LED this time), only one is on remote but again very happy. One on remote has a slight hum but nothing that bad. We love them & much more stylish than normal clunky fans.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

The no breeze fan

We installed five of these expensive fans in our home and have regretted it ever since. We have found that they give off very little breeze even at full speed. The light covers have all turned yellow over the past four years. The retractable blades are very hard to clean also. Would not recommend these at all.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Rubbish

Worst fan every after 12 months only worked on the medium setting
24 months only the light works
Spoken to beacon lighting to be told they are not aware of any issues with that product
So obvious their is due to the amount of complaints I see on here
Puts myself and family and friends off beacon lighting and any fan away
Having MS I need to stay cool

Date PurchasedNov 2016

This product should be withdrawn from the market it is sooooooo bad.

We have had the fan in two bedrooms replaced twice and after 6 months the fans close with an almighty clunk. The light in one of the replacement fans would randomly turn off. Basically what you see in the shop is not what you end up with. The fan also buzzes constantly when turned on and even more annoyingly a louder intermittent buzz occurs at night when the electricity company send a ripple signal down the line. The expensive ripple control filter is useless.

Date PurchasedOct 2012

Grossly disappointing

We bought two fanaways. One for the family room one for bedroom. With a wife suffering MS heat is a disaster. The fans provide essential relief. They have each had the ballasts replaced (one twice) chew through the fluro globes and now one only operates one function at a time and to be honest the fan sounds like its ready to burst into flame. Such a good concept spoilt by cheap overseas manufacture. Now looking to replace what are essential items and looking for a reliable product. A very costly blunder Beacon

Date PurchasedNov 2012

Fanaway

Well it does work. That is true. But very soon after a year use. (One summer). It started to clunk when blades retracted. Clunking has is still the same three years later. Didn’t register my receipt with Beacon so they can’t do anything. AND... the cover has gone yellow!!! The other light in the same room hasn’t turned yellow, but the fan cover is so yellow it’s embarrassing it looks a hundred years old, and they don’t make this model anymore. It was very expensive as well when we bought them. So what can we do.

Date PurchasedMar 2011

We've had nothing but trouble..

We installed 6 of these fan/lights. After a year or 2 all but 2 have broken or stopped working. One had a blade break off and damage a wall in my son's room while he was asleep. We heard a loud noise and came in to find the fan making an awful noise and then later found the blade. He sleeps on a bunk so was very lucky not to get hit. The other 3, the fans just don't work anymore. You can hear it whirring but nothing happens. Obviously out of warranty now. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Terrible Product

Have read many of the comments after trying to find a solution to an ever increasing noise coming from our EVO Fanaway fan. Also has yellowing on the underside. Main issue is the noise. Light and fan look great, but we simply can not use the fan anymore as it is so noisy, even on low speed. After reading the many comments similar to the problems we are experiencing, there is obviously a design fault.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Hi Steve, we sell thousands of these fans both nationally and internationally and experience very few issues with them. If you could PM us at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au your contact details, the store you purchased from, and the SKU number of the fan you purchased as there are quite a few in the range and I will get a representative to contact you to discuss your issue further, Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Wish they were as good as they looked

We purchased one of these lights and we liked it so we purchased 10 more. I think the second lot were Evo 2 but not sure. We have never had the eleven all working at the same time except on the day they were put in. We have the fluro model. We have replaced the ballast on about eight of them. Some numerous times. We have had to replace five remotes and that is not cheap. At the moment we have one that we cannot turn off the fan on - good in Winter. There are two that flicker all the time. One we can't get to work at all properly. I have just replaced four ballasts again so most of the lights are working. One makes a buzzing sound. Two will only work with four bars on the remote. Two have the light cover so discoloured that we are ashamed to let people see them. When we first bought them we were always recommending them to friends. If anyone asks now we tell them how it is.
They looked so good and were just what we wanted. It looks as though I will have to take them off the ceiling and bundle them up and send them back to Beacon lighting.
They are very expensive lemons because we paid about $5000 for them altogether and probably another $1000 repairing them.
The ones that are working properly are in rooms where they hardly ever get used because we live in a 5 bedroom house and only use one of the bedrooms or the front lounge room.
I think that Beacon should send someone to our house and fix them all or take them back. They did fix a couple under warranty but that does not last long.
Have had them for a while now and can't remember when we purchased. Must be four or five years now but the problem has been ongoing forever.
Jim Gall. Birkdale

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
Hi Jim, thankyou for providing us with this feedback. If you could PM us at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au the details of your purchase (if possible, your invoice number), the store purchased from and your contact details, we can look into this further for you. For your infomation ,the EVO2 do not have ballasts in them, they take 3 x 20W globes , Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer ServiceMust be eco1 thenIf you would like us to look into this further for you, please email us at webmastermaster@beaconlighting.com.au with the details as mentioned above and we can investigate this further for you, Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Quality & support doesn't match the price :(

We've bought 3 of these fans over the years.
The blades are very quiet on low, but the remote speed controller makes the motor buzz intermittently when not on full speed - it is very annoying in the bedroom.
When they stop, the blades make a loud clanging as they retract and wake you up - especially when they are fitted with the auto remote control.
The most recent ones we have are the LED lights - which are good until the driver fails and they go on and off at random.
Ordered a new driver from Beacon several weeks ago and still no sign of it - they 'just don't know what happened to it'.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Wouldn't recommend to my enemy

Bought 4 of Evo 1. From the day it is installed, there is nothing but problems. Have had to call on warranty for 4 times since bought.
Fan 1 - it kept making humming noise. Was replaced
Fan 2- Remote had to be replaced three times already. Twice the fan didnt operate with remote. And it was in our main bedroom. Spent half of summer without fan even.
Now, comes the worst part
Fan 3- This is in kids room and motor blew off. This is a big safety issue as it bad a big blast noise & had sparks. Since last two weeks, no fan/light in their room. Even after emailing full detail to warranty people. No phone call. Just had standard email, we have ordered new stock and will contact you in 2-3 weeks.

Spent $500 for each fan and another $500 for installation, total $2500 for this terrible product

Frustration, anger & hard earned money wasted on this worthless product. The product and service both are nothing but terrible

Will I recommend to anyone, NO -- not even to my enemy.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Kaartyk, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with your fans. These fans are normally very reliable and I cannot say why you would have experienced the issues you have. If you could PM us at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au, your contact details as well as the state you are in or the store purchased from, I will get this looked into as soon as possible and will get a representative to contact yo to discuss this further with you as I have never heard of a motor blowing off, kind regards Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Poor design fault

Purchased 5 remote fans approx 4 years ago and only 2 of them are working
Judging by the reviews the receiver has obviously a design fault or it is of poor quality especially when you pay big bucks for them and it's for this reason the company should recall all of them and repair them free of charge.. otherwise the consumer will lose faith!!!
Not happy!!!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Hi Jace, without knowing the exact issues with your fans, it cannot be said what is wrong either with your fan or whether it is an issue with a remote receiver (which would have been purchased separately to the fan itself as the Fanaway never came complete with a remote when you had purchased it). We sell thousands of remotes yearly and the issue with a remote failing is small in comparison to what is sold. There can be multiple reasons why a remote receiver will fail, some of which are outside of our control. If you would like to discuss this further, please PM us at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au with your contact details and state you are in, kind regards Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Light globes keep blowing

We recently purchased a new home with 2 Fanaway lights with remote controls, both units the light was not working. We replaced both the T5 tubes and one worked for a week, then failed, we replaced that tube again and now its blown again after only 2 weeks and the other one has also now failed. I am afraid to replace more globes as it seems something else is wrong? Can anyone please help. We love the concept, but reading other reviews am worried to be wasting money.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi David, Thank you for your enquiry, in relation to your Fanaway fan lights it seems that from what you have explained a new ballast is needed for the lights to work as they should, you would need to contact your closest Beacon Lighting store as they do stock replacement ballasts and would be able to advise on availability and cost. Kind Regards, Tina-Beacon Lighting Customer Service.Hi David, Thank you for your enquiry, in relation to your Fanaway fan lights it seems that from what you have explained a new ballast is needed for the lights to work as they should, you would need to contact your closest Beacon Lighting store as they do stock replacement ballasts and would be able to advise on availability and cost. Kind Regards, Tina-Beacon Lighting Customer Service.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC

Not sure when we purchased our Fanaway fans but will be contacting Beacon to check. Both fans in our lounge and bedroom are great and have received numerous positive comments. One thing though, our lounge room light will not switch on using the remote. When we press the button on the remote the light flickers momentarily and stays off. The fan still works using the remote. If the fan is running and we attempt to turn on the light, same flickering occurs but the unit makes a continuous noise. Any ideas?

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Thank you for your review. Based on your description, it does sound like your remote is not communicating properly with the receiver in your fan, and may need to be replaced. Regards Beacon Lighting Customer Service.

Terrible - nothing but problems.

Bought 4 of the original model - mix of wall and remotes. All have had problems from the controllers failing to the motor high speed no longer working. Just replaced one with a current model (Doh !) after its motor burnt out completely - there is no discernible difference between mid and high speeds. Never again. Will be replacing them all as no confidence in their quality or safety. Great asethic, the potential to be a great product, however paid a premium for a poorly executed product.

Date PurchasedJun 2008
Hi Shawn, we would like to discuss the issues you have had. If you would like to do this, please PM us at webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au , Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Not good

We installed this fan in January 2015 and always had a problem with low speed. It now makes a grinding noise especially on second speed, like a bearing is worn or something

We have 3 other regular fans we have had for over 20 years, and have never had any issues

Unfortunately we can't locate receipt

I can not recommend this product.

December 31st 2017 Update: What a piece of junk!

We purchased this fan just over 2 years ago. After about 13 months it developed a loud electrical noise, like wrang wrang wrang etc randomly. It now doesn't do that. It just makes a grinding noise on one speed. All speeds appear to be the same. Other supposed speeds also make a very loud bearing noise. The only sound you should hear should be the blades pushing the air, with no motor noise.

This product is faulty and a bloody disgrace and should never have been released to the market, or should never have been cheaply manufactured in China.

Under no circumstances should you purchase this fan. It is bloody useless.

If I could give negative stars I would.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Thank you for your review, as these fans do come complete with a 2 year in home warranty, we would with proof of purchase send out a technician to your home Free of charge to fix or replace under the warranty. If you cannot locate your receipt, but you paid via a credit card, take the amount you spent and the day in which you purchased the fan to the store in which the purchased was made- they will be able to re print your receipt for you for the warranty. Regards, BL Customer Service.

Problems, not happy.

I bought a house about 6 years ago. I decided to replace the old fans with these over a period of about 3 years. Bought 8 in total. Have had problems with 7 out of the 8 so far. Ballast failures, fluro failures, light covers going yellow and one which won't go any faster than the slow setting.
I like the look of them but have been unreliable to say the least.
I am seriously considering replacing them all even though I spent over $2500 to buy them originally.

Date PurchasedMay 2011

Plagued with problems.

Well, purchased 8 fans in 2011. Worked well for first two years and since then, have replaced each remote control at least once, 4 covers which turned yellow and currently have four other covers that have gone yellow and two fans that won't turn light off using the remote but still operates the fan speed.
Then the issue of fan motor getting louder and louder as years go by. I visited Beacon Lighting few days back to see about changing the other yellow covers and was told that they now charge $50 per cover for replacement. My response was why should I be burdened with a $200 bill for a design fault when two years ago, I paid $30 for postage for four replacement covers? They promised to call me back once they spoke to spare parts but haven't heard back. Being on the pension now, I can no longer afford the ongoing costs so time to start planning a transition away from these fans. So many similar experiences here yet Fanaway is silent on acknowledging the issues and Beacon Lighting did not advise at time of purchase that the remotes would need replacing every two years!

Date PurchasedNov 2011
Hi Boris, Thank you for your feedback , Fanaway is a sub division of Beacon Lighting , that is why Beacon Lighting answer all feedback not Fanaway, my recommendation would be to email us at the following email address webmaster@beaconlighting.com.au with your best contact number and information regarding your Fanaway purchases , along with the state purchased, we will then arrange to have a representative contact you to discuss this further. Kind Regards, Tina-Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Hi, my electrician fitted fan works just fine, however, the light does not reach full illumination, and is faintly visible only when totally dark. When I press the remote light activating switch, I can here the light activate, but it just won’t get bright, no matter what what we do. We have even changed the light, for one exactly the same, but the light still fails to function, while the fan works just fine. Are you able to advise please?
Hi Norm, ask your electrician to check the voltage on the output to the light, if that reading is low then the receiver is faulty. If the voltage is normal, replace the ballast. If the fan is working then voltage in should be okay, so your fault lies with the receiver or ballast, it is under warranty so I would just return it if you find a fault.

Our Fanway light has started flickering (it's a few years old). Can the light globes be replaced?
Hi Greg, Thank you for your enquiry. The light can most certainly be replaced in your Fanaway. Can you please respond with a make and model description so that I can advise on the correct globe for your Fan. Kind regards, Monique BL Customer Service Team.The model is ES0363D E090. Can this be installed without an electrician? You can see it on page 8 here https://www.beaconlightingtradeclub.com.au/media/210905-907_IM_Ver_1_1_2014-12-30_-WS-EN.pdfHi Greg, thank you for providing us with the link. The Fanaway you have has integrated LED panels, and does not take globes. You can purchase the LED panels via our spare parts division, in store only. If you contact/visit you local Beacon Lighting store they will advise of pricing and availability. The light "kit" does plug in so you would not need an electrician however you do need to ensure that the power is off to the fan. If you fan is less than 2 years old, this can be replaced under warranty. Kind regards, Emina - BL Customer Service

Evo2 EndureEvo3 AsymmetricEvo1 Prevail