Fanaway Evo 1 / 2 / 3

Fanaway Evo 1 / 2 / 3 (page 4 of 5)

Evo1 Prevail, Evo2 Endure, Evo3 Asymmetric

2.1

• Power

So many problems!!

We have 4 fanaways in our house. All the Balasts have gone, at least once. 2 of the lights now flicker so badly they are virtually unusable and the remote on one won't work at all. These fans are not cheap! Having spoken to several Beacon Lighting stores, some have said there have been problems with them but they all say they are out of warranty so nothing they can do. I would never buy one again, and because of the general lack of acknowledgement I would not shop at Beacon Lighting again.

PJL

PJLMelbourne

Tonight we had to call the fire brigade

We bought 2 of these fans from beacon in 2013 and tonight was a close call. One of our fans made a strange noise then there was a flash of sparks and flames.
Had we read reviews on this fan and the remotes we would never had bought them .
Tonight could have ended badly for us and from what we have read no one seems to accept responsibility for the performance of these products.

Shaz willInverell

dangerous

My mother had a blade brake off one of her fans hitting the wall with such an impact that it bounced of the wall nearly hitting my nieces head before flying out the bedroom door. The impact left damage 2 marks on the plaster wall about a 2 cm in depth. I will be contacting the company regarding this matter as it only happen 2 days ago.

Shaz will

Hi Debbie, Could you give me your email address please.

Superb air disperse / volume

I have purchase 4 of this fans for our bedrooms and thus far I'm extremely happy with my purchase the air disperse / volume displace is better than any other fans that I have had before and whisper quite. The light is also brilliant, I'd recommend it to my family and friends.

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Hank, thankyou for taking the time and providing feedback on your Fanaway Evo3 purchase, we think it is a great fan also, regards Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Hank
Hank

Dianne LewisLong Jetty NSW

Loud closing noise

We have three of the fans and at first they were fantastic but we have had all of the same problems as mentioned by other users except for the blades flying off. Some problems were fixed under warranty. My problem is the very loud noise when the fan retracts. At first it was a quiet noise that you hardly noticed but now it is so loud it makes you jump.

Dianne Lewis

Thank you for your response but I accidently reposted this review in error. I have received how to fix details from customer service but it is a difficult process so will put up with the noise

S WeightmanGold Coast

Dangerous - Turned fan on and blade came off

Just got home today and turned my fan on in the kitchen and walked away. Lucky I wasn't standing at the sink because I heard this alright crash and very loud clunking noise. Came into the kitchen and blade had snapped off and landed on the kitchen bench. Luckily I wasn't standing near the kitchen sink. I also had the covers go yellow and got them replaced at a cost just 2 months ago. I also had to replace the ballast on them as the old one's they do not make anymore, so of course I had to pay for a electrician to come and do it. I love the look of them, but most likely will not get them again.

S Weightman

I have sent my details to the above email and look forward to your response.

Hi Samantha,
Thank you , we have received your email detailing your contact details. A representative will be in contact with you shortly to discuss.
Kind Regards, Tina-BL Customer Service

Our complaint was heard

Thank you to beacon head office for listening to our complaint on this site. Today we received a new fan because there really was an issue with the mechanism. The fan is now working like its mate in the other end of the room. Thank you for following up. Hopefully this one will work

Does not serve its purpose

I bought 2 evo2 fanaway fans thinking that if I use them at night while sleeping, then they would automatically switch off and on regulating the temperature. Only after using them did I realise that they make a noise each time they close which disturbs my sleep. This is really the opposite of what I had purchased them for, which was to give me a peaceful nights sleep. The noise is eradic in level an can be quite loud sometimes.

Significant quality issues

Find out how Fanaway Evo 1 / 2 / 3 compares to other Ceiling Fans

Do not purchase this fan

I purchased two of these fans. They are a year old and I had one replaced today (The warranty covered the cost and it was a great experience) because it stopped working. Now I have a new fan I can compare the two. The old one looks to be on its last legs as well, does not move much air around, only works on the low setting and makes a noise when it's turned on. Did I tell you they are only a year old?!?!? Save your money and buy something else.

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Will, if there is an issue with your second fan, this can be looked at under warranty. Please call 1800 602 243 and they will send a serviceman out to look at this for you, regards Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Graham

Graham

Speed won't go on high

We bought 3 of these expensive fans and now one will only operate on low. We have tried various methods to fix, but it's now probably out of warranty and have to search for all the documentation to see if we can make a claim. Expected more longevity from such an expensive product. Would have been better off with a cheap Bunnings fan. Very disappointed.

Customer S.Fanaway

Can't reverse our retractable fans

We bought 2 very expensive retractable fans from Beacon but we can't find where to reverse them. So when our aircon is on we turn them off as in summer they make the room hotter !! How ridiculous !! So we can only use them in the winter to help circulate the heating ! How ridiculous - our $50 Bunnings jobs are way superior - can't believe it!!!

Heather W
Heather W

That is really helpful, thank you so much - a diagram would be great, thanks!
My email address is lakemokoan@live.com
I'll email you also. Thanks again!
Heather Williams

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Heather, Kim has emailed you a diagram of where the switch is located, regards Debbie - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Dangerous!!! Like other reviews the blades come off during use.

Danny

Thank you for your response.
i have sent a email with my details and look forward to a response to rectify these products issues.
Regards

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Danny, thank you for providing me with your details. I have forwarded these onto the appropriate department and a Representative will be in contact with you shortly.
Regards, Tina - BL Customer Service

Chris AFernvale

Like to put my foot through them!

I bought 3 Fanaways , just before warranty ran out 1 fan was making a humming noise and was going slower on Hi. It took nearly a month to get it fixed so that took to the end of warranty. About 1 month later the same problem again. Medium was always faster than Hi. The next problem was the light wouldn't turn on if the the blades where going. This problem just rectified it's self ( strange). This same fan now wouldn't work for nearly 3!weeks then all of a sudden working ( strange) 2 nights ago both fans in lounge room would not turn off so had to turn the kill switch on the wall off. Tonight only 1 fan would start. Like I said "INWOULD LIKE TO PUT MY FOOT THROUGH THEM ! Disappointed

Chris A

Hi Kim they are EVO 2 with Lucci remotes. 1 of the fans now will not extend the blades fully and they won't turn off or change speed. Very disappointed with them and would of been better off buying cheap fans

RonNewcastle

Shame the light covers have gone yellow makes the room dull

we installed 11 fans in our new house the covers have yellowed Beacon replaced 3 under warranty now all the rest have yellowed I bought 2 for $60 each we need 5 more makes very expensive fans I feel Beacon should replace the 5 under warranty as they admitted they have a problem.

Debbie my home phone number is 02 49 301067 if you could please ring me

BBS

BBScanberra

Fan Away Sparks And Leaves The Black Soot On The Ceiling

Bought Fanaway 3 years ago from Beacon lighting Canberra. Had to change remote after two years when it's out of warranty and last night it went off with sparks leaving black soot on my ceiling. Now all the repairs accounted to the price of the fan. Will never buy.

Plat

Platbrisbane

warranty help terrible

Fan light comes on and off by itself. Told over phone from Beacon rep. Remote is being activated by
another remote being used somewhere else in my block of units. Go figure.. What am i to do ?
Fan under warranty but remote not. Perhaps do a door knock, what a service.

Customer S.Fanaway

Retractable blade detached. Unsafe.

We purchased 5 of these fans. Tonight one of the kitchen fans lost a blade it flew across the kitchen (approx. 3 metres) and smashed into the wall next to my chest. Light cover hit my daughters high chair (thankfully she wan't in it.) It then shaked violently until I had a chance to stop it. Now we won't turn the others on as afraid of what might happen.

Customer S.Fanaway

Poor technology to support this product

rosieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fanaway are to expensive to fix.

I got 5 of these and in 2.5 years: 3 have had the remote and receiver replaced, 2 on warranty, 1 out of warranty costing me $300 to get fixed, the fourth is just starting to go, leaving the 1 I don`t use much to go. Waste of money, the parts are rubbish but yes the fan and light are great when they work .

rosie

Thanks Tina I have sent an email across.

Customer S.Fanaway

Hi Rosie, thank you for providing me with your details. I have now passed this information onto the appropriate person and they will be in contact with you shortly. Kind Regards, Tina

EkP

EkPasked

Evo 1 / 2 / 3

I have a evo1 and had to have the led ballast replaced last year and now the light keeps switching itself off what would be causing this?

Customer S.Fanaway

Do you have a remote on this fan, if so, someone nearby may have their remote on the same frequency as your so when they turn theirs own, yours comes on, Debbie - Fanaway Customer Service

Richard

Richardasked

Evo1 Prevail

Hi
Evo 1 the fan operates fine on high but has no low speed. There is no remote fitted, operates from hard wired controls on the wall. Please advise the likely fault with this fan unit. I am a electrician by trade abd would like to know if this fault can be repaired.

Thnks

Kris O

Kris Oasked

Evo 1 / 2 / 3

Hi twice now I have purchased new remotes as the light section works but the fan does not. This solved the problem for a short time but now again I have bought two more remotes (more than $380 in remotes) to find I have the same issue as many other people here. It’s light on and full fan or off at the wall and no light.so either I am freezing or I am in the dark. New remotes work perfectly in the other rooms, so I know it’s the actual fan that is the issue. We are using a torch now in our bedroom. Our fans are about six years old now. How can I solve this problem. Is there a way to disable the fan?? So I’m not in the dark at night

Hi Kris
Thank you for your question, this really would be something that only a licensed electrician would be able to answer or carry out the works on , therefore my recommendation would be to contact your electrician and discuss this directly with him or her
Kind Regards, Tina - Beacon Lighting Customer Service

Get an answer from our members and Fanaway representatives