Fanco Eco Silent DC

Fanco Eco Silent DC Questions & Answers

9 questions from our users

Christine t.

Christine t.asked

Why won't the remote work don't have a manual

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Christine, sorry to hear it's not working. The best thing to do in this situation is give our Eco Silent warranty partners a call for troubleshooting assistance. The number is 03 9765 2555 if in Victoria or 1800 817 754 if you're calling from another state.

fdsajasked

Is the Eco Silent dc fan operated from a wall switch, i.e can you turn on and adjust the fan speed from the wall switch or just using the remote? If not, is there a version that can be adjusted from the wall switch?

Also can the light bulb be replaced?

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Fdsaj, thanks for your question! The current version is operable solely by remote, but the new “Eco Silent Deluxe” is due to arrive in early 2021, and the model without light will be available with a six speed wall control. You can find the full specs for the Eco Silent Deluxe here: https://www.fanco.com.au/wp-content/uploads/spec-sheets/eco-silent-deluxe-spec-sheet.pdf . This will feature an LED panel that can be replaced by the customer. We’ve also brought out several fans with a wall control option this year including the Studio DC and the new Eco Motion DC, so feel free to check those out too! If you're looking for something with a wall control and easy to replace light sooner, we would suggest looking at the urban 2 with e27 light. If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact us directly by emailing service@fanco.com.au

fdsaj

Thanks for your reply. So with the current version the light is switched on at the wall and the fan is remote?

Are there any stores in Sydney inner west area?

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Happy to answer your questions! The light is also operated by the remote =) You can see a full list of our NSW stockists here: https://www.fanco.com.au/stockists-new-south-wales/

rosecastleasked

Hi there, I'm looking to purchase the fanco eco silent. I've read the gr8 reviews, and the fact this is an economical fan to run is a huge plus. The fact that the light version loses half a star bothers me, but kids have lamps in their rooms so we can work around that and we don't need the light in our room at all.

One reason I like fans in rooms is for the 'white noise' as it helps me sleep better. Currently we have a freestanding fan which covers up most outside sounds. I'm concerned that this fan may actually be TOO quiet. Is there anything else in the DC range that would resolve this, at the same price level?

I note too you have a new version (with wall switch) coming soon. Will it include the remote? Will this be more expensive? Has the light issue been fixed? I am concerned about the non standard battery in the current versions remote, has this issue been addressed? (How long do batteries generally last and how much is replacement?)

B.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us about this. It’s not very often that we hear from people looking for a fan that’s not too quiet! Generally ceiling fans aren’t designed in a way that creates the same kind of white noise as some pedestal fans, regardless of whether they have AC or DC motors. On higher speeds, the air movement might create some noise, but in our experience, everyone has a different level of sensitivity to this, so we generally suggest that customers visit one of our resellers in person to test out some fans for themselves. However we think that it will be difficult for you to find a ceiling fan that produces the type of noise that helps some people sleep!
Regarding the new version, the Eco Silent Deluxe without light will be available with either a wall control or a SMART remote, but the light version will only be available with the SMART remote. The light will be dimmable and CCT adjustable. I think the “light issue” you’re referring to must mean that some customers stated a preference for a dimmer light, and the Eco Silent’s light is quite bright. If this is what you’re referring to, we’re confident that the 8 -step dimming and CCT features will allow customers to adjust the light to suit their preferences.
The remote for the current model takes a 12 volt 23AE battery, which is relatively inexpensive to replace and available through supermarkets and hardware stores – the price will vary between retailers.
All the best! For more information about our fans, you’re welcome to visit our website – we have detailed spec sheets here: https://www.fanco.com.au/ceiling-fan-spec-sheets/

rosecastle

Thank you for that really detailed information. It was very helpful. We currently have fans installed however they turned out to be pretty junky unfortunately (especially as they were not inexpensive and of course the cost of installation adds signficantly to the pricing). These fans were problematic from the get go. 6 years on, two have ceased working entirely (had real issues with these from the start). One in our spare room works well - hardly used, so not surprising. My daughter's rooms - both fans are working, at diminished function.

Regarding the light issue, yes, I have noted that many people say that they are very bright. I have astigmatism so I find bright light at night particularly bothersome, though they light/fan would only be in 'kids' rooms, however I may want to wait for the new version for their spaces since you've mentioned that it will be modified to include a dimmer, which sounds ideal.

With the non light/new version, what features will this include? I guess I need to decide whether to purchase the two non light versions we need, and have them installed pre Christmas or whether I may be better to wait for these?????

I will have to find a local retailer I think so we can test out the volume of the fans. Myself and oldest daughter both have health issues that cause sleep problems and that 'white noise' thing is super helpful.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi again, not a problem – happy to help!
It’s up to you whether you wish to wait for the new version, but given your interest in something that emits white noise we agree it would be a good idea to find a local retailer so that you can test a few out. We have a list of stockists here https://www.fanco.com.au/stockists/ .
You can also find a spec sheet with all the details for the new Eco Silent Deluxe here: https://www.fanco.com.au/wp-content/uploads/spec-sheets/eco-silent-deluxe-spec-sheet.pdf, but to give you an idea the main features in the non-light version are smart capability (not available with hardwired wall control), outdoor and coastal rating and available in either a 52 or 56 inch size. Our customer service team is available by email - sales@fanco.com.au if you have any other questions =)

Laura. B

Laura. Basked

I see 2 reviews about detailing noise/vibration issues.
I am having the exact same issue with 3 Fanco Eco Silent fans (48" with light, 52" with light, 52" without light). Have been installed for about a week, and have made the noise from day 1 essentially, and it has increased in frequency in just that short time.
For the price of these fans, do you think it is acceptable to have these issues happen and brush it off as installation error (as you have with the reviews above)?

Charlie123

We have an issue with 4 x 48” with lights installed in August. I wonder if there’s a problem with the new batch. Running them in hasn’t helped and they don’t wobble so that doesn’t explain the noise. We don’t have the issue with the 52” without a light.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi, we're sorry if our responses to other reviews come off as an attempt to dismiss as an installation issue. It’s just that we have found this to be the case in most situations given the symptoms described, especially since these fans are not designed to be noisy but very quiet. Rest assured, all of our fans are covered by a 2-year in-home warranty, and any customer who suspects a fault with one of our fans is encouraged to take up this option. You can both find the details on how to lodge a claim here: https://www.fanco.com.au/warranty/ or contact us directly by emailing service@fanco.com.au.
As we try to explain in all of our responses, we cannot diagnose the cause of noise over a review platform like this one, so we would really encourage both of you to get in touch with us.

Charlie123

I lodged the warranty claim on Monday after giving up on getting a return call from the warranty team (messages left on 22 and 23 September). I eagerly await someone contacting me to resolve this issue.

Bee Teeasked

I'm posing a question based on a response to another post.

As per the quoted response from Fanco below, could you please advise if the dimmable fan range requires extra electrical work? Is the dimmer on a switch or a remote?

"Thanks Ruairi. Glad to hear that you're happy with the fan itself. The Eco Silent's light has an output of 1200 lumens, which as you mention is quite bright. If you're looking for a fan in the future, we would suggest taking a look at our Urban 2 range. The AC version is available with an E27 light fitting which would allow you to choose your own globe. The other option in the Urban 2 range would be the DC with LED, which has a dimmable light."

kind regards

Ellen
Ellen

Hi sorry we have not used the fans yet and the fan we bought didnt have any lights

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Bee Tee, thanks for your question. As Ellen says, the Eco Silent does not have a dimming function - you are referring to the Urban 2 listed here on product review: https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/fanco-urban-2 . The Urban 2 has three-step dimming, which means that it will always switch on at 100%, but once it's on, you can dim it to 50 % quickly flick the switch off and on again. Flicking the switch off and on once more will dim the brightness to 15%. We hope this answers your question, but if you have any further queries, please email service@fanco.com.au

Bee Tee

Thanks fanco....but you've provided that advice already. What i need to know is if extra electrical is required for a dimmable light? It normally would require extra? Thx.

Leigh

Leighasked

Are you able to replace the light globe manually or is it a sealed system

Noel
Noel

Can’t see anything in the manual Leigh but don’t think so as they are a ring of led lights

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Leigh, Noel is right - the LED light in the Eco Silent is integrated into the fan and can't be swapped out like an E27 globe or B22 globe can. Keep in mind though, LED lights have a much longer life expectancy than traditional globes, and the Eco Silent's light is covered by its own 12 month warranty. Otherwise, we have a couple of options in our range with light fittings which are easier to replace. The closest match would be the AC version of the Urban 2 - available with an E27 fitting. For something completely different, you could look at the Origin. Its light kit is available separately and can be added to the fan after installation, so you could buy a replacement light kit and swap it over if necessary. Thanks for reaching out to us and if you have any more questions, you can get in touch with our customer service team by emailing service@fanco.com.au .

Tessa
Tessa

I looked inside and it is a ring of little LEDs

Eddie

Eddieasked

We are planning to install 10 ceiling fans, 3 @ 52 inch, and 7 @ 48 inch. Just wonder if you are able to do a package deal.

Eddie

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Good morning Eddie, we're very happy to hear you're so interested in our product! To buy the Eco Silent you will need to get in touch with one of our re-sellers. They are the best people to speak to about pricing, as we don't sell directly to the public. You can find your nearest re-seller here: https://www.fanco.com.au/stockists/.

Mezasked

Hi, I notice there is feedback regarding poor installation instructions. You say you are looking into updating this. As I don't want to hire an electrician to install 4 ceiling fans that is going to be fiddly and take extra time (more costs to me), have you updated the instructions so that it is easier and simple for installers to follow, as I'm sure no one wants to be sitting on the phone asking questions, and if they have not yet been updated can you please advise when will this be done?

Hi,
Thanks for getting in touch! I'm not sure if you're asking specifically about the Eco Silent or our fans in general, because I could only find one Eco Silent review which mentions that the instructions could be improved. Each of our models has comes with its own specific instructions and we have made several updates to each of them based on feedback over the years. By our judgement, they're clear and easy to read, but of course were quite familiar with our fans! If you would like to show your electrician any of our manuals prior to purchase, they are available on our website here: https://www.fanco.com.au/ceiling-fan-installation-manuals/. It's completely understandable that youd prefer not to call but in any case, our team will be available for troubleshooting during business hours if you need us. If you have a specific query about the manuals, send an email to service@fanco.com.au and we will be happy to assist you.

Mez

Thanks for your quick reply, and yes I was looking at your fans in general. I guess you can say I'm finding it hard having to replace all 4 of my fans that are working very slowly and only 3 years old (and have done this 3 times in 10yrs) including a hunter pacific that only works on winter mode after 5yrs (I live in Qld). I find the warranties with all companies are useless due to the run around with service departments and the cost to have an electrician point out the problems. I think its sad that it comes down to pot luck that you get a fan that will last. considering the cost and labour involved. I guess China and technology hasn't changed with fans. It would be nice to find a fan that will outdo its warranty period for more years to come rather than the 1-3yrs

Jane Tasked

Hi there, reading the reviews, it sounds like your product is just what I want, especially now that you are getting rid of the beeping. (Great work on the listening to your customers!) My only concern is the bright LED light. Is it possible to have a warm light that is of a lux level of 200 only? Thank you

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Jane, thanks for getting in touch. It’s great to hear that you’re interested in our range! We try to take customer feedback into account, and we had a lot of consistent comments about the beep, so making the change was a relatively easy decision. However, when it comes to lights, each of our customers seems to want something slightly different. There is currently only one light option for the Eco Silent, but you may be interested in our Urban 2 DC fan. The integrated light has a dimming function and CCT technology, so you can adapt it to your needs. It might be best if you visit one of our resellers to get a sense of the fan and light in person. You can find your nearest stockist here: https://www.fanco.com.au/stockists/. If we can be of further assistance, our email is sales@fanco.com.au

Thanks very much!