Fanco Eco Silent DC

Fanco Eco Silent DC (page 3 of 4)

• Power
Gemma

Gemma

Great fans

I recently purchased a 52 inch fan and two 48 inch ones. Really functional, solid and very quiet fans. Instead of globes, the fan has an LED Light Panel. The light is very bright and clear. The fans make a single 'beep' whenever you turn them on using the light switch or the controller. There is a slight response delay when you turn on the light. At first I was concerned the beep and delay would be annoying, but you quickly stop noticing it. Really solid product.

Winston Doyle

Winston DoyleSydney, NSW

Buying another shortly

I have recently installed 2 other fans of a similar style.
They are 3 times the price and not one scrap better than this excellent, quiet fan.
The installation instructions could be better but they are no worse than the expensive brand.
I highly recommend this fan and will be buying the same product again for another room.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks Winston, we think the Eco Silent is great value too! Just to let you know, I've passed your feedback about the instructions along to the product team, thanks for pointing out an area where we can improve. :) Have a great day!

Good solid fan

Good fans that just do the job. Not super stylish but practical and effective. Quiet enough for the bedroom and can move more than enough are for a normal sized bedroom.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks John! We have more stylish fans in our range but you sound pretty happy with this one. Sometimes you just need something practical that gets the job done, right? Thanks again for reviewing us, we really appreciate it :)

GRM

GRMSydney, NSW

High quality ceiling fan

Very effective high quality silent stable fan with great remote control. Replaced a cheap fan that was noisy and poorly balanced and basically not very effective. It pays to buy quality products.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Thanks for your great feedback! We're happy we could provide you with a fan that works for you :)

Don

DonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Silent Breeze

We had a fan, a cheap and nasty fan, noisy and ugly. We now have the Fanco Eco Silent DC fan. EXTREMELY SILENT, perhaps the slightest of ticking occasionally but nothing to disrupt our sleep. 5 fan speeds but we only need 3 to get the effect required. A really bright light and 1, 4 and 8 hour timers, ideal for going to sleep on those hot nights. And all controlled from a very simple remote control. Pure elegance.
I would highly recommend this fan for a bedroom or in fact, any room.

IreneG

IreneGGippsland, VIC

Excellent fan

We recently purchased two of these fans, one for the lounge and the other for the kitchen. We chose this brand as it rated highly by Choice and we are very happy with them. Excellent fan, very quiet, smooth operation, easy to use remote. One has a LED light which is very bright. We would definitely recommend this fan.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Irene, it's great to hear you're happy with your Eco Silent! Thanks so much for sharing your review =)

Sandra B

Sandra BGippsland, VIC

Very happy!

Great look, very quiet, and remote is very easy to read and use. Makes a big difference to the comfort level. Haven't observed any "wobble" as yet but it comes with easy to apply weights if it needs adjusting. Power is good, mostly we run on the lower settings as high is very powerful!

Matthew

Matthew

Converted fans of fans

We were missing the breeze from our previous evaporative cooling system and are now enjoying a similar experience with our new Franco eco silent fans
They are very quiet and work well with the ducted air conditioner or alone and have lots of variable speed settings to suit our needs
The remote is easy to use and we can run them all night if we wish to
Come winter time we can even use the remote to change the fans spin direction

These fans are the best!

caveat_emptorAU

Extremely Disappointed

Cathy

CathyPerth, WA

This fan is AWESOME!

Fabulous service from Fanco, super quick delivery. This fan is just brilliant! So quiet and very effective. One of the things that attracted me to this fan was the drop from the ceiling is lower than most fans. I've installed this in my bedroom. Highly recommend not just the product but the company.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Otisbear

OtisbearMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Simple and does the job

Having read good reviews and that this model was recommended by Choice I bought three fans - two for bedrooms and a larger one for the lounge. It seems to need higher speed settings to be really effective. I've found the fans to be reasonably quiet, especially when compared to my old AC models, but the one in the main bedroom rattles and squeaks enough to be very noticeable at night. Good value for money but not sure I'd class these as top models.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
idashan

idashanVictoria

Very happy with my fan, should have ordered earlier

Bought this for my sitting room due to summer approaching last year.
delivery was quick & had it installed over the weekend.
I ordered the model with the remote & light, which I couldn't more happier.
the LED light made my sitting room heaps brighter compared with the old light.
the fan is quiet & stable, however, it can't reach far.
would recommend to anyone if they looking for a new fan.

Neil

NeilSydney, NSW

Quiet and Effective Fan

The fan is quiet, very effective and looks good. It has a good spread of speeds to cover all needs and is stable with virtually no wobble even at top speed. The remote is easy to use. The only small issue I have is that the light is very bright for a bedroom and I'd prefer a slightly warmer light.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Peter

PeterPerth

Very Happy

We brought five of these fans for our new home, very happy with them, look great, work well and nice and quiet. Once ordered they were delivered to us in WA within a week direct to our front door. Really easy to manage and order. Highly recommend these fans. Thanks.

Great fan, easy purchase

Very easy online purchase and arrived quickly in a smaller box than expected. Fan is for my 1 year old daughter’s room and it works great keeping her cool throughout hot nights. Quiet but effective and easy to use remote. Simple modern design which would suit any room. Highly recommend.

Tracey

TraceyGeelong

Fantastic fan

Love Love Love these fans.
We bought 2, 1 for the master bedroom (52in) and 1 for my child's room (48in)
They are so quiet they do not disturb sleep at all.
The breeze is lovely and we only usually have it on 1 or 2 overnight and this moves the air around beautifully.
The remote control is great (except we could do with 2...one for each side of the bed :))
We also got a remote control for our child's room and he loves it. Plus it makes it easy for him to turn off during the night if it gets a bit chilly.
Overall, they are well worth the money and I would highly recommend them.

Karin

KarinFrankston South

Quiet and efficient

Bought two Fanco Eco silent DC fans through Fansonline two weeks ago. Not only was the service great and delivery prompt, but the fans are great. Quiet and efficient, I have had great sleeps without airconditioning since they have been installed. The summer season is suddenly not so daunting! Karin

Nicci

Nicci

Just what we needed

Well it’s 36 degrees today and we haven’t even needed the air conditioning because the Fanco Fan is doing a great job moving the air. We are super happy with our purchase. Fans online offered a brilliantly quick service too. I was quite sceptical at the start but when they arrived the next day I couldn’t have been happier

Fabulous fan-so quiet!

I purchase this fan just in time for the heat wave for my bedroom! It is very quiet and looks fabulous and has a good range of speeds. The timer will be a plus when the nights cool down again. Online experience great-price competitive and the fan arrived promptly and intact.

Christine t.

Christine t.asked

Why won't the remote work don't have a manual

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Christine, sorry to hear it's not working. The best thing to do in this situation is give our Eco Silent warranty partners a call for troubleshooting assistance. The number is 03 9765 2555 if in Victoria or 1800 817 754 if you're calling from another state.

fdsajasked

Is the Eco Silent dc fan operated from a wall switch, i.e can you turn on and adjust the fan speed from the wall switch or just using the remote? If not, is there a version that can be adjusted from the wall switch?

Also can the light bulb be replaced?

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Fdsaj, thanks for your question! The current version is operable solely by remote, but the new “Eco Silent Deluxe” is due to arrive in early 2021, and the model without light will be available with a six speed wall control. You can find the full specs for the Eco Silent Deluxe here: https://www.fanco.com.au/wp-content/uploads/spec-sheets/eco-silent-deluxe-spec-sheet.pdf . This will feature an LED panel that can be replaced by the customer. We’ve also brought out several fans with a wall control option this year including the Studio DC and the new Eco Motion DC, so feel free to check those out too! If you're looking for something with a wall control and easy to replace light sooner, we would suggest looking at the urban 2 with e27 light. If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact us directly by emailing service@fanco.com.au

fdsaj

Thanks for your reply. So with the current version the light is switched on at the wall and the fan is remote?

Are there any stores in Sydney inner west area?

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Happy to answer your questions! The light is also operated by the remote =) You can see a full list of our NSW stockists here: https://www.fanco.com.au/stockists-new-south-wales/

rosecastleasked

Hi there, I'm looking to purchase the fanco eco silent. I've read the gr8 reviews, and the fact this is an economical fan to run is a huge plus. The fact that the light version loses half a star bothers me, but kids have lamps in their rooms so we can work around that and we don't need the light in our room at all.

One reason I like fans in rooms is for the 'white noise' as it helps me sleep better. Currently we have a freestanding fan which covers up most outside sounds. I'm concerned that this fan may actually be TOO quiet. Is there anything else in the DC range that would resolve this, at the same price level?

I note too you have a new version (with wall switch) coming soon. Will it include the remote? Will this be more expensive? Has the light issue been fixed? I am concerned about the non standard battery in the current versions remote, has this issue been addressed? (How long do batteries generally last and how much is replacement?)

B.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us about this. It’s not very often that we hear from people looking for a fan that’s not too quiet! Generally ceiling fans aren’t designed in a way that creates the same kind of white noise as some pedestal fans, regardless of whether they have AC or DC motors. On higher speeds, the air movement might create some noise, but in our experience, everyone has a different level of sensitivity to this, so we generally suggest that customers visit one of our resellers in person to test out some fans for themselves. However we think that it will be difficult for you to find a ceiling fan that produces the type of noise that helps some people sleep!
Regarding the new version, the Eco Silent Deluxe without light will be available with either a wall control or a SMART remote, but the light version will only be available with the SMART remote. The light will be dimmable and CCT adjustable. I think the “light issue” you’re referring to must mean that some customers stated a preference for a dimmer light, and the Eco Silent’s light is quite bright. If this is what you’re referring to, we’re confident that the 8 -step dimming and CCT features will allow customers to adjust the light to suit their preferences.
The remote for the current model takes a 12 volt 23AE battery, which is relatively inexpensive to replace and available through supermarkets and hardware stores – the price will vary between retailers.
All the best! For more information about our fans, you’re welcome to visit our website – we have detailed spec sheets here: https://www.fanco.com.au/ceiling-fan-spec-sheets/

rosecastle

Thank you for that really detailed information. It was very helpful. We currently have fans installed however they turned out to be pretty junky unfortunately (especially as they were not inexpensive and of course the cost of installation adds signficantly to the pricing). These fans were problematic from the get go. 6 years on, two have ceased working entirely (had real issues with these from the start). One in our spare room works well - hardly used, so not surprising. My daughter's rooms - both fans are working, at diminished function.

Regarding the light issue, yes, I have noted that many people say that they are very bright. I have astigmatism so I find bright light at night particularly bothersome, though they light/fan would only be in 'kids' rooms, however I may want to wait for the new version for their spaces since you've mentioned that it will be modified to include a dimmer, which sounds ideal.

With the non light/new version, what features will this include? I guess I need to decide whether to purchase the two non light versions we need, and have them installed pre Christmas or whether I may be better to wait for these?????

I will have to find a local retailer I think so we can test out the volume of the fans. Myself and oldest daughter both have health issues that cause sleep problems and that 'white noise' thing is super helpful.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi again, not a problem – happy to help!
It’s up to you whether you wish to wait for the new version, but given your interest in something that emits white noise we agree it would be a good idea to find a local retailer so that you can test a few out. We have a list of stockists here https://www.fanco.com.au/stockists/ .
You can also find a spec sheet with all the details for the new Eco Silent Deluxe here: https://www.fanco.com.au/wp-content/uploads/spec-sheets/eco-silent-deluxe-spec-sheet.pdf, but to give you an idea the main features in the non-light version are smart capability (not available with hardwired wall control), outdoor and coastal rating and available in either a 52 or 56 inch size. Our customer service team is available by email - sales@fanco.com.au if you have any other questions =)

Get an answer from our members and Fanco Australia representatives

With an overwhelming majority of reviewers rating the Fanco Eco Silent DC 5 stars, this is a powerful ceiling fan that’s also quiet and economical.

Features:

• 5 speed remote control allows you to turn the fan on/off, change the speed, and reverse the direction
  • Reversible blades allow you to use the Fanco Eco Silent DC to circulate either warm or cool air, making it suitable for using all year round
  • Timer allows you to program the fan for 1 hour, 4 hours or 8 hours
  • Available in both black and white, however if you want to purchase this fan with the integrated LED light, it’s only available in white

What reviewers liked about the Fanco Eco Silent DC:

• The quiet operation, helped along by the Eco Silent DC’s timber blade construction, was appreciated by reviewers. They found this especially useful when they wanted to go to sleep at night, but leave their fan running.
  • The variable speed settings allowed a good amount of control over the airflow, so that a gentle breeze could be maintained
  • Many reviewers commented that the light was a little bit too bright, but it didn’t seem to detract from their glowing reviews of this ceiling fan
  • The affordable price was a point of praise for many happy customers
CategoryCeiling Fans