Fanco Eco Silent DC

Fanco Eco Silent DC

• Power
David A

David ASouth East Queensland, QLD

General function is fine but it's not as quiet as advertised

This is the 2nd of these fans we've had and after 6 months had it replaced due to clicking and clunky motor noise in the low speed setting..it's not super loud but it's annoying in middle of night. The LED light is a stark daylight feel so not really relaxing for bedroom use. It would be fine for living rooms or larger family rooms. The customer support from Fans Online is good though so no issues there.

Purchased in March 2020 at Fansonline.

Adam F.

Adam F.

Noisy fan

I've had the fan replaced under warranty due to a ticking and grinding noise that was occuring. After the replacement it did seem to go but after a few weeks of use the noise has come back (not as bad though). I wouldn't recommend this fan for a bedroom as the noises are quiet annoying and require you to adjust the angle of the fan to get it to stop.
The reverse function of the fan is great, a huge improvement to AC fans.
I do find the lowest speed isn't low enough for the bedroom with a 2.4m high ceiling

Purchased in October 2019 at Fansonline for $239.00.

Fan wobbles

Had electrician install fan but unable to fix the wobble due to faulty machining. Too much hassle to take it down and send back , and no guarrantee next wouldn’t have the same problem. Also got another brand and had installed with no wobble .

Purchased in September 2019 for $280.00.

Ceiling Fans

Find out how Fanco Eco Silent DC compares to other Ceiling Fans

Otisbear

OtisbearMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Simple and does the job

Having read good reviews and that this model was recommended by Choice I bought three fans - two for bedrooms and a larger one for the lounge. It seems to need higher speed settings to be really effective. I've found the fans to be reasonably quiet, especially when compared to my old AC models, but the one in the main bedroom rattles and squeaks enough to be very noticeable at night. Good value for money but not sure I'd class these as top models.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Christine t.

Christine t.asked

Why won't the remote work don't have a manual

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Christine, sorry to hear it's not working. The best thing to do in this situation is give our Eco Silent warranty partners a call for troubleshooting assistance. The number is 03 9765 2555 if in Victoria or 1800 817 754 if you're calling from another state.

fdsajasked

Is the Eco Silent dc fan operated from a wall switch, i.e can you turn on and adjust the fan speed from the wall switch or just using the remote? If not, is there a version that can be adjusted from the wall switch?

Also can the light bulb be replaced?

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi Fdsaj, thanks for your question! The current version is operable solely by remote, but the new “Eco Silent Deluxe” is due to arrive in early 2021, and the model without light will be available with a six speed wall control. You can find the full specs for the Eco Silent Deluxe here: https://www.fanco.com.au/wp-content/uploads/spec-sheets/eco-silent-deluxe-spec-sheet.pdf . This will feature an LED panel that can be replaced by the customer. We’ve also brought out several fans with a wall control option this year including the Studio DC and the new Eco Motion DC, so feel free to check those out too! If you're looking for something with a wall control and easy to replace light sooner, we would suggest looking at the urban 2 with e27 light. If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact us directly by emailing service@fanco.com.au

fdsaj

Thanks for your reply. So with the current version the light is switched on at the wall and the fan is remote?

Are there any stores in Sydney inner west area?

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Happy to answer your questions! The light is also operated by the remote =) You can see a full list of our NSW stockists here: https://www.fanco.com.au/stockists-new-south-wales/

rosecastleasked

Hi there, I'm looking to purchase the fanco eco silent. I've read the gr8 reviews, and the fact this is an economical fan to run is a huge plus. The fact that the light version loses half a star bothers me, but kids have lamps in their rooms so we can work around that and we don't need the light in our room at all.

One reason I like fans in rooms is for the 'white noise' as it helps me sleep better. Currently we have a freestanding fan which covers up most outside sounds. I'm concerned that this fan may actually be TOO quiet. Is there anything else in the DC range that would resolve this, at the same price level?

I note too you have a new version (with wall switch) coming soon. Will it include the remote? Will this be more expensive? Has the light issue been fixed? I am concerned about the non standard battery in the current versions remote, has this issue been addressed? (How long do batteries generally last and how much is replacement?)

B.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us about this. It’s not very often that we hear from people looking for a fan that’s not too quiet! Generally ceiling fans aren’t designed in a way that creates the same kind of white noise as some pedestal fans, regardless of whether they have AC or DC motors. On higher speeds, the air movement might create some noise, but in our experience, everyone has a different level of sensitivity to this, so we generally suggest that customers visit one of our resellers in person to test out some fans for themselves. However we think that it will be difficult for you to find a ceiling fan that produces the type of noise that helps some people sleep!
Regarding the new version, the Eco Silent Deluxe without light will be available with either a wall control or a SMART remote, but the light version will only be available with the SMART remote. The light will be dimmable and CCT adjustable. I think the “light issue” you’re referring to must mean that some customers stated a preference for a dimmer light, and the Eco Silent’s light is quite bright. If this is what you’re referring to, we’re confident that the 8 -step dimming and CCT features will allow customers to adjust the light to suit their preferences.
The remote for the current model takes a 12 volt 23AE battery, which is relatively inexpensive to replace and available through supermarkets and hardware stores – the price will vary between retailers.
All the best! For more information about our fans, you’re welcome to visit our website – we have detailed spec sheets here: https://www.fanco.com.au/ceiling-fan-spec-sheets/

rosecastle

Thank you for that really detailed information. It was very helpful. We currently have fans installed however they turned out to be pretty junky unfortunately (especially as they were not inexpensive and of course the cost of installation adds signficantly to the pricing). These fans were problematic from the get go. 6 years on, two have ceased working entirely (had real issues with these from the start). One in our spare room works well - hardly used, so not surprising. My daughter's rooms - both fans are working, at diminished function.

Regarding the light issue, yes, I have noted that many people say that they are very bright. I have astigmatism so I find bright light at night particularly bothersome, though they light/fan would only be in 'kids' rooms, however I may want to wait for the new version for their spaces since you've mentioned that it will be modified to include a dimmer, which sounds ideal.

With the non light/new version, what features will this include? I guess I need to decide whether to purchase the two non light versions we need, and have them installed pre Christmas or whether I may be better to wait for these?????

I will have to find a local retailer I think so we can test out the volume of the fans. Myself and oldest daughter both have health issues that cause sleep problems and that 'white noise' thing is super helpful.

Fanco A.Fanco Australia

Hi again, not a problem – happy to help!
It’s up to you whether you wish to wait for the new version, but given your interest in something that emits white noise we agree it would be a good idea to find a local retailer so that you can test a few out. We have a list of stockists here https://www.fanco.com.au/stockists/ .
You can also find a spec sheet with all the details for the new Eco Silent Deluxe here: https://www.fanco.com.au/wp-content/uploads/spec-sheets/eco-silent-deluxe-spec-sheet.pdf, but to give you an idea the main features in the non-light version are smart capability (not available with hardwired wall control), outdoor and coastal rating and available in either a 52 or 56 inch size. Our customer service team is available by email - sales@fanco.com.au if you have any other questions =)

Get an answer from our members and Fanco Australia representatives

With an overwhelming majority of reviewers rating the Fanco Eco Silent DC 5 stars, this is a powerful ceiling fan that’s also quiet and economical.

Features:

• 5 speed remote control allows you to turn the fan on/off, change the speed, and reverse the direction
  • Reversible blades allow you to use the Fanco Eco Silent DC to circulate either warm or cool air, making it suitable for using all year round
  • Timer allows you to program the fan for 1 hour, 4 hours or 8 hours
  • Available in both black and white, however if you want to purchase this fan with the integrated LED light, it’s only available in white

What reviewers liked about the Fanco Eco Silent DC:

• The quiet operation, helped along by the Eco Silent DC’s timber blade construction, was appreciated by reviewers. They found this especially useful when they wanted to go to sleep at night, but leave their fan running.
  • The variable speed settings allowed a good amount of control over the airflow, so that a gentle breeze could be maintained
  • Many reviewers commented that the light was a little bit too bright, but it didn’t seem to detract from their glowing reviews of this ceiling fan
  • The affordable price was a point of praise for many happy customers
CategoryCeiling Fans